Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: RE: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

@Lindsey17  oh, no! I have yet to try a glossy eye look but I have heard that there’s no escaping the creasing with glosses 😣

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

When your body decides that since you're in your 30's, and you don't have enough on your plate (obviously I mean what is adulting anyways??), so it decides that it's time for you to get eczema on your face and neck. I've never had eczema my entire life and the Dr told me no makeup for 2 weeks (yes this caused some panic) while we treat my flare up. I went thru my list with the Dermatologist with what skincare I own and was basically told that I can't wear most of it. Meaning that stuff I bought during the sale has to go back to the store :(. I'm only taking stuff back that I did not open, and it's only like 3 items, but still these were products that I loved so to be told "nope" just stinks. Some of the products I've used I'm going to hold on to in the hopes that one day I can use it. I've sold some of my unused and unable to take back due to it being over 60 days (I stock up shop on staples when on sale) stash to coworkers of stuff I know I'll probably never be able to use again (looking at you Clinique TTDO) at deep discount. Oh heck no never again products and products that have probably expired that were used went in the trash. So yeah there's a lot of products in the trash - so many mini mascaras so little time :P.

@niki172  -- So sorry! It's hard, I know.  I don't have ezcema, but I do have CIU (chronic idopathic hives) with flushing and everything I used before I was chemically injured and developed CIU / flushing I had to chuck because I could no longer tolderate it on my face.  I understand the sadness, frustration and really, I just bougtht that feeling.  For me, the upside has been discovering a whole new philosophy as to skincare and makeup - I find clean lines, particularly fragrance free ones work well with my skin and know quite a few with CIU and/or ezcema who state the same.  Lines that work for me but maybe not others are - DE, Biossance, Hourglass, CoverFx, Bite Beauty, Anastasia and a few items here and there from other brands.  Hugs.

Aw thank you @MCSSavvy  I'm sorry to hear that you have to deal with CIU. I know hives can be a real pain in the rear end flaring up just when you don't need them to. And yes I am on a new skincare adventure that's for sure. I just hope that the core staples of my makeup will play well with my eczema. It took me a very long time to find a foundation/concealer that works with my skintone so if it doesn't work out I'll be really bummed. Oh and eyeshadows are my weakness so I just pray that I don't have to give away my collection. I have so much fun with eyeshadows that to not be able to use all the shimmers and glitters would break my heart.

@niki172   I'm sorry to hear that; I hope it clears up for good soon. 

@niki172  Nooooooooooo.  That’s awful on multiple levels!  I hope you can get it cleared up quickly just for basic comfort!  🙁 

a little bright side- you are being forced to do the declutter that most of us need but few of us will really do🙃

@heartsmyface  thanks for the tip about the ice. Right now it's mostly my neck that itches and it's mostly at night - have no clue why. The $300 cream has really cleared the redness and the bumps up by like 70% in a 36 hour window (I was given a sample) but I'm almost out of the sample so I kind of feel stuck in between a rock and a hard place. I hadn't heard that about Vitamin E - I may try that on my face as it looks like I may be getting a small patch on the right side of my face. The declutter is like reverse spark joy - it's more like "will this irritate your skin now or in the future?" If the answer is yes it goes either into the trash or to give to friends. I don't even want to think about all that I have to go thru in my spare room where I keep my extras/stuff I've picked up. At least all my non-daily stuff/new items is in those tubs with the lids so it's not scattered everywhere. I like to think of myself as a clean hoarder of makeup and skincare :D.

@niki172 Ah, you tried the $$$$$ cream already and it worked!  You may be commited now!  😅.   Haha, clean hoarder.  So if it’s organized it’s still hoarding?  Dang!  I thought I had escaped the hoarding label. 

@heartsmyface I mean to each their own. I guess not since unlike the show Hoarders you can walk around that room with my "collection" no problem so maybe that's the rule of thumb when it comes to deciding if you're a hoarder or not LMAO! 

@niki172  oh nooo! I’m sorry to hear that!! So much money going to the trash for you. Was your doc able to make you a list of things that you CAN use?

@gonerogue thank you. Yes the doctor was able to give me a list on the skincare side of things and a generalized list on the makeup side of things. On the skincare side he really stressed things that don't have things like sulfates,perfumes, etc - basically just shop the stuff that Sephora has listed as clean labeled. I do own some acids/treatment masks for my skin that I can bring with me to my next visit that I'd hate to get rid of (they worked so well for me in the past). If I can keep the flare down for a while and it stays down without needing treatment then I can try to use things again one at a time slowly and patch testing along the way. Part of me doesn't even want to deal with that. This time was bad enough with my eyes especially - if it goes into my whole face IDK what I'd do. I've worked so hard on my skin so it stinks to just have this plunked down in front of me. I also started an elimination diet because I had cut dairy out of my diet for a medical reason, and had in the last month or so starting eating cereal with skim milk. The Dr said that the dairy along with stress (it ain't pretty but I'm trucking along) I have going on right now could have caused this flare. You know it's bad when you haven't had cereal in over a year and a half and it sounds like the best thing on earth :P.

@niki172   Your immune system is doing something (overreacting.)  You're very wise to pay attention to the foods you're eating.  It's astounding the foods that you find out are in the same plant family but you wouldn't have thought they were, like peaches, cherries, and raspberries being part of the rose family.

@Ispend2much6 yeah I just found out about peaches being a part of the rose family - I think that's wild! I've done a lot of research into what can cause a flare up from a dietary standpoint. The only thing that really stood out to me was the dairy and also I had started eating dried fruit especially apricots which is also on the no-no list. I really hope I can still have avocado (also on the list) as I love avocado, but don't eat it frequently, nor have I had some in the last month or so so I think I'm in the clear. I think dairy may cause an inflammatory response in me period. When I didn't eat dairy I felt a lot better. Since I started eating the dairy again my sciatica also started acting up. My body chemistry is really wacko to begin with so hopefully me cutting out the dairy, the dried apricots (I really want to finish off the dried cranberries I have in the house they were expensive!), and going back to the restrictive diet I was on before I fell off the wagon will help clear this up. Thanks lady for the well wishes :).

I’m so sorry your having to deal with that @niki172 ☹️ Hopefully it will clear up soon.

Thank you @faeriegirl - I hope it's over with soon too and it stays gone as well! Walking into stores with sunglasses on since I have no makeup on makes me feel like a criminal lol!

I'm so sorry you're dealing with that, @niki172. I hope your eczema clears up quickly. 

Thank you @quspork - I hope so too. The itchiness isn't fun along with it wrecking my face/neck.

@niki172  Ice is your friend when it comes to itchiness.  It’ll tone down the need to scratch.  

oh no @niki172  i'm sorry that's happening to you! it's so scary how that can just come out of no where!

Thank you @Kim888 . It's weird how your body can take a left turn when you want to keep going straight. I hope this calms down and I can return to a somewhat normal, but slightly changed skincare routine, soon. I miss my eyeshadows lol! I look like a pale ghost and keep getting asked if I'm sick :P.

@niki172, I've had flare up of eczema before and the Firs...

@niki172, I've had flare up of eczema before and the First Aid Beauty products really help get it under control. Even now when I feel the itch coming on I stop using my regular products and start in with the First Aid Beauty for a few weeks. It happens less now that I know which products usually flare it up. I had to stop using Drunk Elephant products, and incorporate some beauty oil into my beauty regimen and stay away from scented products. Hope it clears up fast for you !
12,471 Replies
testing