Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

@heartsmyface Aww thank you! Yeah I wasn’t too thrilled about having it mentioned at all! It was only slightly better than the time I was in high school and out to dinner with my family and dad insisted I had “something on my face” only to figure out it was a pimple but he was too dense to realize it. There was a lot of, “Ugh, Dad! Stop it, okay!?” that day. (Except that it’s funny looking back on that now.)

@starsandbucks so sorry to hear about your stress. I hope it gets better soon. 

Ugh so sorry @starsandbucks😔 I totally understand how you feel.

I hope it gets better soon for you @starsandbucks ❤️

@starsandbucks, I still get cystic acne in my 40s 😞  I hope yours goes away soon!

Thank you @curlychiquita ! I’m 44 and very annoyed by my unwanted visitor. Thankfully it’s gone down a lot but still hanging around. Someone did ask me if I was in college today though, so I guess my pimple makes me look younger. LOL 

Oh no! It's crazy how much havoc stress wreaks on the body! I hope things get better soon.

Beauty pet peeve of the day: Bad Face Day

It all started with my usual purple shampoo and conditioner wash this morning. Shampoo and conditioner went on great as always BUT I wasn’t careful about cleansing my face AFTER I washed my hair and I got out of the shower with a purple face... literally. I had streaks of purple dye on my face that wouldn’t even budge with a makeup remover. After literally rubbing my poor face vigorously  with a makeup wipe to attempt to get the purple off, I irritated the skin on my cheeks and caused a red, pretty painful flare up (which I never get). Moved onto skincare and then foundation only to find out that the primer I used well with the foundation I used so I ended up with splotchy foundation patches all over my face. There was no way to salvage it so I had to take another wipe and start all over and this further irritated my face flare up 😩

Thankfully one of my HG foundations came through and saved the day and the bad face day moment was finally done and over with.

Lessons learned for today: wash face after purple shampoo/conditioner always, OLEHENRIKSEN Banana Bright Face Primer 1 oz/ 30 mLdoesn’t mix with Hourglass Vanish™ Seamless Finish Foundation Stick 5 Shell

and use a cotton pad and micellar water next time to wipe off makeup to avoid skin irritation 🙄

Nooooo!   Coconut oil is good at removing pesky color deposits on your skin( if you don’t react terribly to coconut oil that is). 

Omg, this sounds like one of those scenarios that would make me give up and potentially cry.  Thank goodness for high coverage foundation! @gonerogue 

@gonerogue that sounds awful. I hope your face is doing better. 

That does sound like a bad day @gonerogue☹️ I hope your face feels better today!

Oh no, @gonerogue 😮 I hope your face feels better today!

@gonerogue, wow. I hope the rest of this week goes better...

@gonerogue, wow. I hope the rest of this week goes better. Too bad it wasn't a day sitting around with Winston, he wouldn't have minded mom having a purple face 🙂

Re: @gonerogue, wow. I hope the rest of this week goes better...

@Luvstravel  lol my baby spends all day Monday with just his mom and he loves it. He’s secretly a momma’s boy. Only ever really sleeps with me and he never misbehaves around me either 😉 I forgot to mention the part where I sneezed with a brow brush in my hand and got brow pomade on my face after having just fixed the foundation 🙄 I got brow pomade on my jeans too and even after I washed them today, the brow stain is still there 😣

Re: @gonerogue, wow. I hope the rest of this week goes better...

@gonerogue , wow, that was an all around BAD beauty day! 

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

Did anyone else not receive notifications for the VIB sale? I was pretty busy but, since I was waiting for the sale, I checked my emails and app notifications. I didn't see anything except for notices about what's new. My gut told me to Google search "Sephora VIB sale". That's when I saw the sale was ongoing and almost over. did this happen to anyone else?

Weird. I've received tons of notifications. Daily emails,...

Weird. I've received tons of notifications. Daily emails, several different notices on the app, and at least 1 or 2 push notifications from the app too.

I didn't get any of that. I moved, recently, but made sur...

I didn't get any of that. I moved, recently, but made sure my address was updated as soon as I had one and it would have been plenty of time to get snail mail. I didn't get the usual card, emails, anything.

RE: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

When you want the glossy eyeshadow look or glitter and within an hour it’s already moved into your crease 😔

Re: RE: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

@Lindsey17  according to Mario, that’s the sultry ‘lived in look’ It’s basically inevitable so it’s best to keep a mini beauty blender on hand to do regular touch ups if that’s the aesthetic you’re going for.  😉 

Re: RE: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

@Lindsey17 it's pretty unavoidable sadly when it comes to gloss. The best way to reduce it to use the tiniest amount on a bare lid (not even concealer). For glitter, a glitter glue is a must! You can also fake a "glossy" eye effect is using a fine shimmer/glitter shade all over the lid, like the Hourglass Scattered Light Glitter Eye Shadow Reflect

12,471 Replies
testing