Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

When you have been using a great skincare product for years, the the company change the formula and then discontinue it altogether. I been trying to find something that work for over a year.

That's the worst @The1nOnlyDana what did you love that got discontinued?

Trying to save yourself from a bad hair day with even more hairspray 

.. or using extra strength dry shampoo on fine hair. 😅 sorry i bought that 😞

Buying the wrong shade of makeup during a sale...which you can't do an "even" exchange for. 

Act+Acre 2% Stem Cell H-2 Grow Complex ™ Scalp Serum For Thicker-Looking Hair 2.2 oz / 65 ml says you'll see baby hairs in 5-6 weeks.   But Sephora's return policy is 30 days.

When you buy new cle de peau concealers from Nordstrom but they give you ones that expire next month and in March of next year 😞

Oh no! The one that expires next month is worth calling to try to force a return or refund, @SportyGirly125.

@curlychiquita @I returned it in store for a refund and placed a new order hoping it won’t expire so quickly. If it does then I will just return it and buy it in store. 

When you try a really popular product but it doesn’t live up to the hype 😒

@JuliaHint so true

when I am putting on my mascara and I sneeze and there is mascara all over my eyelids.  It is time to start all over again.

@CorgiMommy I have been there before and that is not fun. I heard of a little hack (if the mascara didnt transfer too much). You can try letting it dry and use a eyelash spoolie or a q-tip in a twirling motion to remove the mascara. I have tried it before and it worked for me 😊

@Mellmars1185 I agree about letting it dry first.  I like to wear so much mascara that I often get it on my crease.  I actually dread when I wear eye shadow because I know I'll have to be less reckless when applying my mascara. 

when you find a product that works perfectly for you and you love it, then the brand discontinues / reformulates it

@meg949  That part!!! 

@meg949 That happened to me. There was a foundation shade that worked well for me and it is no longer carried. I can definitely relate!

@meg949 I hear ya!  Any specific product you're thinking of?

Mine is when you find a product and it’s so good then you go to literally every store and they don’t sell it

@harpertooke I'm curious what product you have in mind.

@greeneyedgirl107  the drunk elephant bronzing drops 

12,421 Replies
testing