Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

RE: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

I hate when the community part of the website (at least the main part) lets me log in from my desktop pc, but if I try to actually go to the page for conversations it kicks me off over and over. Letting me see the ‘home’ page, or shop on the store part of the site *only*...IS NOT quite cutting it, dear Goddess of Sephora, ruler of the online makeup stuff. 😂 Why have a social component at all if nobody in the IT/user experience department can manage to have it work for everyone?? Also, the window that pops up and asks if you want to sign up with beauty insider, get a free gift for your birthday and reward points on purchases? Yeah, that comes up but then freezes when you think you must need to sign up again for some reason and try to enter your info. Pop up windows that freeze and clicking the x won’t close the thing - but ALWAYS comes up every time you go to any Sephora website/community page? Not so great.

I do it all through the app and it can be frustrating on here as well. Sometimes the page reloads and sends me all the way to the top of the thread when I’m just trying to scroll and after I post any response it sends me to the top again or to a random part of the chat. It makes it not very user friendly! It’s teaching me patience though!

Excess packaging!! I understand for many individuals that a beautiful display of packaging is actually something they look forward to, but when it’s a repeat buy I could care less that it’s in a box, inside another box, not to mention wrapped up inside plastic and so on 🤦🏼‍♀️ I know I’m being dramatic but honestly I would like to hold on to my original packaging and just refill.

Re: RE: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

I completely agree with you in this pet peeve, @AnnieBunnyBun!  Refills would be so great - I’m glad a lot of hand soap companies are doing or starting to do this, but there is so much room for improvement.  

You’re not being dramatic. You’re responsible and cost efficiency minded!. I wish there were more options for refills too. Less wasteful

my biggest pet peeve with beauty has to be when my eyebrows won’t match no matter what I do!! 😂 I could spend 2 hours on them some days and they still won’t match up!! haha who relates?

🤚🏽🤚🏽. A Sephora associate noted that the muscle in my...

🤚🏽🤚🏽. A Sephora associate noted that the muscle in my right brow is stronger, so when I do that one first, I have trouble with the left.

I relate!  And I want mine to match. @MadisonKovach 

@MadisonKovach, my eyes actually aren't the same shape, s...

@MadisonKovach, my eyes actually aren't the same shape, so my eyebrows never match. It's not obvious in person but it is in pictures.

@MadisonKovach  Michelle Phan (an OG beauty YouTuber) used to say that our eyebrows are sisters, not twins. Words to live by 😉

@MadisonKovach , I've given up matching years ago! 😂 Match and be late for work, or close enough and have time for coffee 🤷‍♀️

@MadisonKovach I can totally relate! No matter what my left eyebrow will not behave😂

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

When you wait for a palette to go on sale, then it just disappears.  Or, when you drag your feet on getting a LE, then it's gone.

@greeneyedgirl107 

Oh no! Which one?! 

@GG84 I dragged my feet on the NARS Skin Deep eye palette, and now Ulta doesn't have it anymore, nor does Nordstrom.  Bloomingdale's has it, but I never got around to seriously swatching it. 

And I think I lost my chance on the Laura Mercier Eye Artist palette.  I tried it on in-store and was underwhelmed, so I didn't purchase it.  Still, I thought I could get one look out of it so I've been waiting for it to go on sale.  Now, it's disappeared.  A very thoughtful BICer offered to send it to me ages ago, but I couldn't ask her to do that.  Very generous!  🙂  From what I read on BIC, the palette wasn't well-received.  Still, I dislike it when I miss out on something.

@greeneyedgirl107  I got an email today and looks like the LM palette would be on Weekly Wow tomorrow. 

Edit: I just went to my email to take a screenshot of that but now my email doesn’t have the weekly wow content in there 🤨😡

But some IG accounts still have the details.

@naturalooks15 It's a different LM palette that's for the Weekly Wow, but thanks for being on the lookout for me!  🙂  I was pleasantly surprised to see the LANCôME - L'Absolu Lacquer

at half off, so I splurged and got 4.  If I can make it to the mall, I might have to check out another couple of colors.  I guess it helps take the sting out a little from the palettes.

Image result for hearts gif

@greeneyedgirl107  Awesome !! Are these the same ones @RGbrown  's posts convinced us all to try?? If yes, I should probably make a trip to the mall as well 🙂 😄

@RGbrown  @greeneyedgirl107  @tastelikewater  Any color online (still in stock) that would be good neutral mauve or any other color, not necessarily neutral, will be flattering for dark lips? 

@naturalooks15 I blind bought them, so unfortunately I don't have any input.  The Fuschia and the Rose Talisman look promising (and pretty!) for dark lips.

I love mauves, so I bought Infra Rose, Shine Manifesto and Let Me Shine (all listed online as mauve shades).  I also picked up Nuit and Jour (but looking at it a second time I'm thinking it'll be too light, and I wonder if I should've picked up Pour Tojours instead).

I have been trying to find some pictures of those exact 3 shades @greeneyedgirl107 ! Infra Rose, Shine Manifesto and Let Me Shine. If you have a spare minute would you mind posting a swatch? Do you feel like they perform the same? One of them seems to have some glitter in it?

12,436 Replies
testing