Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: RE: Re: RE: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

@andreadaqueen   Lol, summer is my least favorite season following winter.  I enjoy more temperate weather 😄 

Re: RE: Re: RE: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

🙌🏼 yes sis, took the words right out my mouth 🗣

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

These advertisements for lipstick that have the models posing with their mouths open and the lipstick positioned like they are going to eat it.  I'm pretty sure, as hungry as models may get from restricting their calories, they're not going to resort to eating lipstick, and neither am I no matter how pretty the colors are!

RE: Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

This made me laugh so loud, I almost woke my family 😂🤣🤣🤣

Re: RE: Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

@JessLess   LOL!  I just think we don't need to see their teeth; wouldn't a nice, closed lip smile with the lipstick positioned next to the mouth for comparison be a lot classier?

Re: RE: Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

@Ispend2much6 I agree completely!! The way you worded it was just so hilarious, I don’t think I ever really thought about how the advertising looks before, but it’s totally true!!!!! 😂😂😂😂

Anonymous Insider

RE: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

I’m allergic to every eyelash glue. Have been wearing lashes for yeeeeeeaaarsss. Burns my lash line after having my makeup on for longer than 6 hours and I almost always wake up the next day with inflamed red and flaking lash line and it is the death of me . Cause can’t stop won’t stop

RE: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

Have you tried the house of lashes eyelash glue I have been using it for awhile now and so far I haven’t had anything go wrong, all the other brands gave me pink eye and swollen eyes and if you have Tried house of lashes eyelash glue then try magnetic lashes😊

I can't seem to let go of the silliest things, like empty Jo Malone boxes. Oh sure, I tell myself I’ll use them for storage, but in reality I just stack them up in my closet and forget they exist! Then I feel guilty about throwing it all away because they are so pretty and they could be useful, in theory. So, there they sit, unless anybody knows of someone who needs empty boxes 🤣

@LCResz  I have the WORST habit of hoarding all sorts of packaging,... Even the not-so-pretty boxes! Idk, there’s some part of me that’s CONVINCED I’m gonna find a use for them one day! LOL It’s a problem 🤦🏼‍♀️

RE: Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

I use them for a bit off message but they are helpful to use them to store things like buttons, squares of fabric or ribbons off my little ones clothes after they outgrow their favorite outfits to scrapbook with.... it’s amazing the memories a button feel of the fabric can invoke years later on!!♥️😇♥️

@LCResz   Ha, I do the same with laduree boxes and those pretty paper shopping bags you get at cosmetic counters!  Like what am I going to do with these?  😂. But I can’t let them go!

7E98EEED-295F-49AF-B683-FE645FBD921F.jpeg

@heartsmyface  I do that with my laduree box too. Its so cute, and I got a beautiful tiffany blue one that i put my chap sticks in.

@LCResz I was clearing boxes out of my apartment and found a Jo Malone box. It was so pretty and it felt wrong to get rid of it, but it was just taking up space. 

I'm guilty of this too. I had all kinds of Sephora favori...

I'm guilty of this too. I had all kinds of Sephora favorite set boxes at one point. I put them with my gift wrapping stuff because that is where I have learned I will use them. I'm also holding on to a bunch of empty sugarfina containers because I feel like I can find some kind of use for them in my beauty space (brush/sponge holders, display my minis, etc).....but I need a bigger space to actually use them. 🤷

@LCResz  Omg this is me as well!! I cleaned out my closet last weekend and realized that there were a lot of boxes I kept as well for "future use." Shoppers Beauty Boutique orders come in cute blue and white boxes and I've repurposed a few of them, but a lot were empty that I had to get rid of. This post really caught me by surprise haha!

@LCResz these and Chanel boxes. Last month i have to just close my eyes and bring them to recycle bins 😞

@blackkitty2014 I feel like I should be playing breakup music while cleaning my closet, but on the upside I’m finding things I almost repurchased! I need a better inventory system than feelings. 

@LCResz   You are too cute.  I hung onto a Look Fantastic Easter Egg hat box and metal eggs even though my kids are way too old for that stuff.  Sat in a corner of our bedroom for over a year!  The hat box was about 18 inches wide, or more.

I have the same problem @LCResz ! I'm especially bad with little DS tubs and bottles. I keep thinking "oh! this will be perfect to put stuff in for travel!" but do I really need 20? 30? I don't even have that many steps in my skincare routine...

@SurprisedLemur you crack me up! My routine isn’t that complex either 😉

12,471 Replies
testing