Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

Yeah they're all definitely great shadows. I wish I carted the shadows prior to the sale and I wish my internet didn't crash halfway into me carting my items. I girl can only wish aha. So I'm going to go ahead and agree with you.. double grrr 

Was it even in stock to begin with? I was looking at Pink Champagne earlier today and it was already sold out. Sorry the one you really wanted was out. 

Pink Champagne has been oos for a few days now.  Henna was definitely in stock.

I wish ABH had better shipping to Canada and that there were no duties involved!!! Grrrrrrr

I'm curious if you don't mind telling, how much are the duties and shipping?

Oh man, I haven't ordered from ABH in a while. The last time I did was back in 2014 and I don't remember being charged for duties. I've been hesitant to purchase from ABH and off any US site the past few years because of the exchange rate (CAD to USD). Just couldn't resist the 60% off shadows. Whelp, better mentally and financially get ready to get hit by these duties. 

Our exchange sucks. I want a couple glow kits and some eyeshadows and so hollywood =/ I don't know what to do lol 

Totally in the same boat as you 😞 It's such a good deal but shipping plus duties are holding me back

When you stay up to place a Black Friday order, feel really good about saving money, then see the product on another site two minutes later that offered a better deal... 

Ugh.  That's always my fear.  Often you gotta be fast to get a deal but then there is always the risk you'll find it elsewhere for cheaper.  Any way you can return the first one?

I could return the first one, but it's a hassle. Plus, now I've waited too long and the site that had the better discount has the product oos. I just have to live with the regret, unfortunately 😞

I was holding off purchasing the Nars Sarah Moon set containing the Audacious lipsticks in Cody and Eva until Black Friday so I could receive the Nars dot com discount only to see that Sarah Moon products are excluded from any discounting.

@Loretta55 Yes, this was so disappointing! I've been waiting for this sale to pick up the last few items in the collection that I had my eye on. 😕 I went ahead and got them though, feeling pretty excited about it!

@vegchililover78 I am also going to purchase them but it was disappointing that I would not be able to purchase them at 20% off. My wallet is not happy with me today.

@Loretta55 I was disappointed as well 😞 I did however get the discount to work on the sarah moon matte lipstick, which is interesting...

Looks like Sephora.ca finally got around to charging $2 for the gift satchel, just in time for the holidays. I'm annoyed, but I guess I should be happy that the free satchel lasted as long as it did.

I noticed that too! I was late in realizing that the gift bag was free at first but still managed to grab a few before they started to charge for it!

My phone broke, so I tried ordering a new one online, only to get flagged as fraudulent transaction and I can fix it by--calling! Agghhh!

They won't flag my online makeup and skincare purchases (multiple orders in one day) and sometimes, that one day of shopping is even more expensive than the phone I'm getting. 😕

Holiday themed peeve - you invite your in law's over for Thanksgiving and they say no to you over 2 weeks ago. Fast forward to just 5 minutes ago when my MIL asks if she can NOW come over. I'm not going to the store and we've already made plans including me sleeping in. I should say that past tense shouldn't I since I'm sure my husband's going to come in here and shame me into letting her come over. But I am NOT going to the store this late. It's cold, rainy, and crazy people are out right now.

Tell her that you have started celebrating the Canadian Thanksgiving instead, and 'oops' she missed it 😛

Oh dear...that is just a terrible situation to be in. 😞

where your needs/wants are pretty much steam rolled over

12,350 Replies
testing