Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags (1)

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

Like everyone else I'm sure, I really resent sites that don't offer free ship on a minimum purchase.. or just plain old free shipping (yes, this is a very first world peeve). 

Anthropologie is currently having a 20% off of sale items promo. I picked out a reasonably priced dress, but ended up spending approx the full price when faced with their $8.95 shipping fee. I typically resist following through with orders that include shipping, but then impulse control.

Can anyone tell me why a website like Anthropologie's doesn't offer free shipping when their brand is so popular and their merchandise is (relatively) expensive? 

Me, too! I wanted to get one of the festival blankets from Bath & Body Works. My store didn't have it. Online you could either use a code to get the blanket for $20 with a $30 purchase OR get 20% off your total purchase + free shipping over $50 (I think). So there was no way I could get the blanket for a decent price (regular price was $49.95, which, nope) and not have to pay for shipping. So forget it, I can buy a soft blanket at Kohl's Smiley Wink

I wore wayyyyy more makeup last year (foundation, concealer, brows, the whole shebang) but when you wear a dark lip (NYX soft matte lip cream in copenhagen) guys just HAVE to comment it looks scary, or asks me why I wear so much makeup -_-

On the other hand, I got tons of complements and definitely am less self conscious about wearing darker colors.

Ha, some guys still think we only wear makeup to please them, huh? I haven't attempted super dark lipstick yet, but I'm currently obsessed with dark nails!

when you head out wearing flip flops in a rush and only realize later that your feet are grossly dry and your dark nail polish is noticeably chipped everywhere

Me all the time! I'm not allowed to wear open toed shoes at my work so my feet get ignored for the most part. But when I go out outside of that I suffer for ignoring them haha

I'm considering going to the mall this weekend, to go to Sephora.  The thing is, I HATE the Sephora here.  The SiJCP is great, but the one in the mall has overbearing SAs who won't leave you alone.  I get that they're trained to do that, but I really just want to shop in peace.  The people at SiJCP are much more laid back, and yet helpful when you need them.  Unfortunately, that store doesn't have what I'm looking for.

Put on your headphones.  Heck, just really listen to music and shop. ;')

I've been breaking out like crazy so I tried using spot fix and I'm afraid I overdid it Smiley Sad It wasn't as noticeable mid-week but my skin is so angry that I dried it out so much and it's super itchy >.< I hate how it's so hard to find a middle ground with skin care (and so easy to go over the line!)

I hate this, too.  I always try to find my 'sweet spot'  with Retin-A and all is great and then wham! one day I get raw or too dry.   I gave up.

Try Marula oil. 

My Beauty dot com order shows out for delivery, but not to the correct city. I rechecked my actual order and I did enter my information correctly.

Edit, I did receive my package via Laser Ship which I never heard of.

When you came across an ad on Kij for someone selling her samples and stating its "worth over $140". Not is not. If you want to sell them, sure but don't put a value on it since you likely got it for free as samples are usually 'not for sale'. 

That's pretty scummy, IMO. If you get samples for free, you can maybe sell them for the cost of shipping plus an extra dollar or two. Honestly, I find sample packets really annoying so just want someone to take them off my hands- no payment required!

Here we go again...

Well that explains those short bursts of spamming we got late last night/early this morning...

Spoiler
Spam

This is beyond ridiculous at this point.  I know the mods have had to receive some type of notification(s) of reported posts & the volume of reported posts & mod tags should've indicated there was a serious problem.

I apologize if I'm extra crabby.  While it was my choice to try and help out this is the 5th day of large bursts of spamming on the boards, most of which have hit late night early morning.  To wake up after    < 3 hrs of sleep  & see that it's still going full force is extremely frustrating.

bump

Bump!

Image result for magic meme

i'm trying to think of an easy way to ignore this spam. like maybe, post in all the threads that I regularly read so I can find them via the My Activity on my profile page, or temporarily subscribe to them maybe so that I would get an email about a new post in them

That doesn't give me a good way to see new threads, but maybe if someone felt the need to post a new thread at a time like this -- which seems to happen around holiday weekends -- she could alert people to find the thread via her own profile page by posting about it in one of the threads that stays near the top, such as Random Thoughts...

I am too tired to help keep the real threads at the top but I really appreciate all the hard work being put in by all of you and I hope the new forum has a way to keep this from happening

oh wait I just had a good idea...find the main threads during these cluttered times by clicking on someone like veronika23's profile page Smiley Happy

apologies for the wall of text

I usually write a bunch of stuff that I know for absolute certain would never make it past the censorship list of words on beauty talk, when I come across a spammer in my internet travels. It would look like this:

Dear spammer-BLEEP

You are a BLEEP BLEEP BLEEP and should go BLEEP BLEEP BLEEP BLEEP but seeing as you're a BLEEP BLEEP BLEEP who BLEEPS with BLEEP and BLEEP you can BLEEP BLEEP the BLEEP off now.

BLEEP YOU,

Me.

11,315 Replies