Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

I'm irrationally annoyed (or maybe it's rational) with the threads that asks for the "best" anything! I want to yell "THERE IS NO BEST ANYTHING!!! IT ALL DEPENDS ON WHAT WORKS FOR YOU!! WE ALL HAVE DIFFERNET SKIN, DIFFERENT HAIR, DIFFERENT EYES, DIFFERENT LIPS, AND ITS ALL PERSONAL!! SO, FOR THE LOVE OF LIPSTICK, STOP ASKING!!!!

Agreed.  The best palette is the one you make yourself using colors that flatter your own skin tone and style and that takes some experience to put together.   @sister13 

Yes!! And can't helpfully recommend anything with NO information from the poster!!  Grrrrr! @heartsmyface

What drives me crazy is all the repeat one-off posts on BIC. Perhaps we need an informative illustration:1504646267917.jpeg

The "question thread because not all questions need their own thread" thread needs to be stickied or something lol

This is the best thing I have seen posted all day, and I could not agree more! 😄

Don't you just love it when you smile and see your lip product is also coloring your teeth?! 😄

The worst is when you're out with friends and realize your makeup is nowhere it should be and no one has bothered to tell you.  @MsLata

when your makeup looks about as flawless as it's gonna get, and then you spray your setting spray and your mascara and eyeliner gets everywhere

I really, really miss the old BT; not the interface, but the overall vibe. The insessant complaining about samples and silly titles is such a buzz kill on a community that, for the most part was positive. I hope one day we can return to that. 

the thread about being a rookie was a cringe fest....

Same. I feel like all that has to be done is move the CS threads off the main page, everything else will slowly go back to normal.

I feel like a lot of posts that I would consider "customer service" (like missing samples and shipping complaints) are showing up in the other groups though. I really think they need more moderation and maybe a guidelines/FAQ post to make things a little more organized and feeling more like a community again.

RE: Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

Silly titles? Sure. Complaints? Usually legit.

@mrsbaine  The community feel is no longer here. It's understanding that there will be growing pains but it seems like it is going to take an indefinite amount of time to get some feeling of how the previous vibe was.

Now there are numerous "one and done" threads being posted. It's more of, i'd dislike to say it, a hassle to find "main" threads. As much as I see regulars helping out as many newcomers as possible it's not enough. 😞  

It's super tough right now @darkiceis. I just want to talk about Tom Ford and Pat mcGrath and natural skincare and whatever is coming out. It's tough to sift through all this bell aching and posturing. 

RE: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

When you have the perfect eyeshadow look and then your mascara decides to ruin it 🙄

Re: RE: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

@MsLata That Mascara girl is such a troublemaker.  She just can't stay put sometimes and has to spread the love.

YUP, that or my eyeliner...

It's usually the eyeliner for me. Seriously irritates me.

hahaha yes!!! @MsLata  That's a good one!

12,471 Replies
testing