Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: I highly recommend a video doorbell (I have the SkyBell H...

@MizRee Package Pirates! That's an excellent moniker for such a terrible group of people 🙂 

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

Mini rant coming...THIS!!! Stolen packages induce blinding rage in me, it's my ultimate WTF. One does not ACCIDENTALLY steal packages, it's one of those truly deplorable misdeeds done by absolutely terrible people, especially during the holidays! Some of those packages contain irreplaceable items, sent with love and care! The postal service in my city does PSA's starting in October to remind everyone to ship to secure locations because it's a big problem in our area this time of year. Not much inspires me to physical violence, but intentional package stealing...I would 100 percent chase someone down if I saw it happening...

Someone stole a humidifier from my front porch last year. A HUMIDIFIER. WHY PEOPLE, WHY?!!?

end rant.

That is INSANE that it is to the point that your postal service has to put out PSA's!!  I can't even imagine.  And it's only ever been makeup that they've stolen, so I have to assume it's the type of people who resell on Facebook, because they don't know what's inside, they just see the outside of the box.

I hope you were able to get your humidifier replaced!!  It's so insane the things people will take!!

Ugh, that is so frustrating, @illianamarie! I'm sorry some moron stole your package. 

Thank you!!  I've already filed a claim with UPS, so hopefully it will get resolved soon, fingers crossed!

I didn’t want to dredge up one do the “didn’t get my samples” complaint posts and what I got in my package mostly made me laugh so I think posting it here is better anyway.

So, sure, not getting the samples I requested is a pet peeve. But I have to admit that Sephora pulled a good one on me in my last order when they included the usual men’s cologne samples (yuck, don’t need ‘em or want ‘em) and a SOAP & GLORY cleanser packet. They stopped carrying that brand about two years ago! Sephora, that just ain’t right!

@starsandbucks I also got the soap and glory sample lol - I was so confused because I didn't even know they ever carried the brand i thought it was just a warehouse mix up haha

Omg that’s TOO funny @starsandbucks!

OMG!   LOL!   They probably found it under something in the warehouse and threw it in your box!!!   @starsandbucks

I hate when a company runs out of stock on an item that had a one day sale yesterday and gets stock today but when you go to check out it shows at full price. I did send an email to that company yesterday asking for a rain check but I never heard back.

RE: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

making a dedicated trip to the recycling bin to toss the (flattened out) padding from one sephora order. I ordered 3 Play boxes and thought they sent me the whole store when the package arrived lol

Re: RE: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

My hubs would be very happy! We actually use these sheets of paper as fire starter for our outdoor fireplace... so whenever I get a package these sheets go straight into the shed into the backyard! But yeah if you had to make a special trip just to toss all the sheets that WOULD be annoying! @whitepolkydots

RE: Re: RE: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

This is what we do! They are fantastic as fire starter.

thats how mine came too

thats how mine came too

When I order one mini item lol

Wow!   That is a lot of paper... Must be the missing padding from all the broken Pat McGrath, Natasha Denona and Huda palettes folks have been receiving lately .....  @whitepolkydots   (cute pic, though!!!)

Wow! While I barely get any protective stuff in my packages at all! It's all or nothing with Sephora, huh?

RE: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

It’s so much paper!!

Haha! You should donate it to Amazon. I swear, every time I order from them the inside of the box is a nightmare--no space fillers, no padding, damaged packages, ripped book covers. They need your paper!

@MarciaBrady Oh no! I (surprisingly) don't really order from Amazon, but aren't they experts at shipping? I hear such great things about their shipping times online.. They should partner with Sephora to send us better protected packages at Amazon speed 😄

When you realize that a website (OR a bunch of websites) has a better Cyber Monday deal than their Black Friday one. Oh, and that you already placed an order the day or days before. 😠

As of right now, I have been screwed over by Papyrus and J. Crew Factory. Let's see how many more sites will be added to that list. 

This is why I hate these freaking sales. I can never gauge whether or not I should make an order right away or wait. It seems like whenever I wait, everything I want goes OOS, but when I go ahead and order right away, a better deal will pop up (and of course, the items I want are still in stock). When Cyber-stupid-Monday rolls around my blood just boils when I see that I jumped the gun and missed out on a better deal. I just can't win.

Oh and one more thing: There is a special place in hell for resellers. That is all.

12,471 Replies
testing