Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

Dropping off a pretty long thought about delivery companies...

> Some Ex-USPS workers have revealed that they were ordered by superiors at the end of their shift to mark undelivered packages as delivered. This is done to not jeopardize large contracts.

> NPS has a great podcast from THREE years ago detailing the tracking technology that was already available on UPS trucks. "1 minute per driver per day adds up to $14.5million a year". The drivers' every movement is tracked (opening a door, buckling their seatbelt, putting the key in the engine). Hundreds of PHDs spend years trying to reduce seconds off drivers' routes. So in areas with a shortage in drivers, yes, walking to every front door is, from what I can gather, job-threatening.

At the end of the day, of course customers can/should complain about certain issues. I understand the sadness/frustration that can surround a package you were SO excited to receive. What I don't understand are the "absolutely LIVID" customers, complaining about (what I consider) small issues.

tl;dr: Just wish some people would take a step back and think about the humans (and families) behind package deliveries, the corporation pressures they face, and how that can/should shape the types of complaints they make.. especially this time of year.

This post is so timely @whitepolkydots....we were at the mall last night picking up a purchase.  It was close to 845 p.m. and their poor UPS guy had just arrived.  I heard him over-talking to the store attendant as he was unloading their deliveries.  The attendant asked him what time his shift started and he responded "oh, the usual -  6am".  She asked if he was almost done and he said he still had 8 more stores to visit.  Then he'd drive back to work, complete some paperwork and was anticipating getting home around 10pm.  Catch some zzz's then get ready for another 6am shift start the next day .  Despite all this, he was pleasant and not grumpy or moody at all.  I was impressed but I felt so bad for him Smiley Sad   

During the holidays, we give our mailman, UPS guy & Fed Ex man a Christmas card thanking them for their service with a gift card to Starbucks (you know, for the caffeine boost) because, man, that job is so brutal this time of year. 

Me too @ZombieMetroAnt! I gifted our mailman a Tim Horton's card and last year I even got a thank you card in the mail shortly after!

He's always smiley, apologetic for "bothering" me when he rings the door bell (when we answer, anyway) and seem to genuinely love his job even though he now works Sundays as well for parcel deliveries.

@whitepolkydots Very well said! I complain about UPS’s lack of concern when it comes to most of my deliveries and I never really consider empathizing with their struggle to meet a certain quota. I’m going to think twice before I start bad mouthing them. Although the main problem I have with UPS nowadays is that the drivers figured out a shortcut to delivering my packages (I live on the 3rd floor of a building) and that shortcut is to TOSS all of my packages from the 1st floor to the 3rd to get it close to my door. I find my packages in the hallway, on the stairs and sometimes by the neighbors door because they figured they don’t have to walk the extra steps to get it close to my door so they just toss them up instead. I have only had very few things arrive broken since I have lived in my building and none have been recent so I can’t say the tossing has affected the products inside the box but still... come on! Anyway, I’m going to think twice before I complain and think of all the extra work they do during the holidays to deliver gifts and I am grateful for that so again, thank you for helping me see UPS drivers in a new light! ❤️❤️❤️

@gonerogue oh that's terrible!! Hopefully they loosen up after the holidays ... but it sounds like your UPS man doesn't like stairs in general 😞 I definitely don't think tossing packages and risking damage is okay! It sounds like the odds have been in your favor, but every oopsies turns into a headache. I wonder if UPS's monitoring system takes into account addresses with multiple floors.. probably not.. 😞 So sorry to hear that ❤️ 

I work for a company that focuses a lot on driving safety. We work with a lot of field operators so we've been encourage to always end our conversations with "drive safe".

The fact that these delivery employees are tracked at every movement concerns me. I can only imagine the unsafe driving that goes on so that they make their next delivery... it all boils down to corporate policies and I hope HQ does something to change that to ease up the pressure on employees.

i'm guilty of complaining about a delivery driver from time to time but I of course also understand they have a job to do. As long as they're not throwing my TV over a fence, or holding my package hostage after marking it as "delivered" for days, I'm usually pretty understanding 🙂 I also love my Canada Post mail man, he's awesome and I make sure he knows that!

@k617 Aww I imagine that's nice to hear, especially for someone who might be feeling stressed or is just having a plain ol rough day 🙂 I bet delivery companies promise those statistics won't be used against drivers, but you know..  

also, I'm totally guilty of complaining from time to time!! Especially when I work from home to wait for a package and it never shows up. I just don't like the complainers who are out for blood hahaha. I think I might not have made that distinction clear because I already have someone sarcastically PM'ing me that her package is missing asking me what she should do haaa.

We are ALL guilty of complaining from time to time. Could you imagine if we bottled up every little thing?!

I think your post was very clear that you were asking people to consider that these delivery personnel are humans with jobs, and that in the end if you don't receive a package it's not the end of the world. But if they lose their jobs, it is much more serious! So just try to be understanding this holiday season. 🙂

"Time to Restock" emails.

The worst offender is NYX. I ordered a few of their Liquid Suedes a few months ago, and I've received THREE "time to restock?" emails from them. Even if I used a single lipstick every day, there's no way I'd need to replace my liquid lipstick that quickly.

The second worst offender, Sephora. I just got an email asking "Is it time for some new cleanser? We thought so." specifically telling me to restock my YTTP Cleanser purchased in mid October during the FF sale.

1. I actually have NOT touched this cleanser yet.
  2. Even if I had already opened it, I bought this cleanser less than 2 months ago! What makes you think I'll run out?

"Review your purchase" emails are also up there on the list of annoying emails I receive from companies (Sephora, especially).

Another thing that annoys me about Sephora is when the app tells me when I'm close to a Sephora (which is 9 hours a day on weekdays; I work less than 500m away from one) and tries to get me to buy something. And for some reason, it's always a KVD product. KVD is certainly not my most purchased brand, so what gives?!

STOP!

I turned off my Sephora's access to my location because I...

I turned off my Sephora's access to my location because I hated when the app sent me those notifications!

I totally agree @k617. I got a "time to restock" e-mail from Sephora this week, for a moisturizer I'd bought just a couple weeks ago. Do they think I'm bathing in it? I hardly think I need a restock reminder on something I just bought.

When you finish the last of your xmas shopping from Sephora at 3pm and get an email at 5pm about double cash back from Ebates....like wow. Had I just waited two hours, I would have gotten 10% cash back instead of 3%! Now I'm going to sit here and sulk for a bit 😞

@gonerogue Are you sure you didn’t get the higher rate? Over black Friday with Perricone, I went into Ebates at 5% and it went to 10% a couple hours later and I made another purchase, and both came in at 10%, surprisingly. Anyway, fingers crossed, that is annoying if not! 

I feel the same when I order something from elsewhere because Sephora can't give me a restock date/release date.

Last week I asked whether the Stella Peony perfume will be released soon because I had missed the Cyber Monday sneak peak release. The email message I got was "We cannot assist you over email, please call us at 1-800-XXXXXXX so we can assist you" TWO DAYS after I sent the email. Really? You can't find the answer on your end and tell me?

Of course, after I ordered from the Stella website directly, it pops up again on Sephora another two days later. GRR

The please call us email reply bugs the hell out of me. I always respond with “how about you call the person you want me to call, get the answer and then email it to me!” 

@k617 Oh, man. Sorry about that! I wish they were more helpful when it comes to restock questions.

Sulking is totally justified here @gonerogue ! It is so annoying when stuff like that happens 

Biggest pet peeve is when I see young people covering up their face with heavy duty foundation and concealer instead of investing in skincare (mainly oil cleansers to remove the heavy foundation) and sunscreen to prevent blemishes in the first place!!

RE: Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

I think everyone needs to learn that lesson on their own though - even as adults so much of make up and skin care is trial and error and as long as they are having fun and practicing that’s what’s important. Better to look a bit overdone when you are younger than on a job interview or something haha

When you see something cool looking on the sephora websit...

When you see something cool looking on the sephora website and click on it and it comes up as we no longer carry that product. This happened on the Just Arrived page too, where things are supposed to be new!

I feel your pain. This has happen too many times😞

I feel your pain. This has happen too many times😞
12,433 Replies
testing