Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

@WinglessOne Yes, I've been telling myself to be patient with CS issues.  With so many people acting out these days, I try not to be that person.  But you are totally right about sometimes having to be "like that."

I'm actually dreading an issue with BBW.  I'd love to hear your thoughts, and those of @RGbrown .  So, I bought three candles online a while back.  I will emphasize that it was when their return/exchange policy was basically indefinite.  In September they changed it to 90 days.  I didn't care for one of the candles, and another one I changed my mind on as I think the floral will be too strong.  I'd like to exchange them for a seasonal scent I know I like.  In my mind, BBW should honor the terms in which the products were bought under - which would allow me to return/exchange at any time.  BUT, I'm concerned the SA in-store will tell me that the policy has changed and they're sticking to it.

Do you have any idea in this situation about which is correct?

@greeneyedgirl107 

The new policy states (for refunds):

"WITH ORIGINAL RECEIPT: Ninety days or less from the original purchase date, credit card, debit card and PayPal purchase refunds will be issued based on the original tender; thereafter merchandise credit will be issued."

It's not 90 days, or else nothing. It's 90 days for a refund to your original payment, or a merch credit after that.

For exchanges though, no time limit is explicitly mentioned:

"As an alternative to a refund, customers are welcome to exchange product for a replacement that is of the same type and the same ticket price as the product being returned (for example, exchanging a three-wick candle for a different three-wick candle with the same ticket price)."

Both BBW quotes from here: customercare.bathandbodyworks dot com/hc/en-us/articles/6046192854803

This thread over on reddit even has a picture of the flowchart employees are supposed to use for exchanges:

reddit dot com/r/bathandbodyworks/comments/ypa10f/return_policy_flowchart_see_comments/

However, read through that thread and see various frustrated customers and employees doing things that don't match up, so, bottom line is YMMV. You should absolutely be allowed to exchange your candles for other candles with the same ticket price, but you may get a misinformed or incompetent employee that doesn't know what's going on. If that happens, you should be able to call CS from the store and have them set straight!

@RGbrown Thank you so much for your detailed explanation.  I know it took you time to look into this and type it up.  It's been very helpful to me, and is giving me strength to address the issue.  (And it's also giving me info to back up my claim!)  I apologize for not writing back sooner.  Life has been happening, if you know what I mean.  I wish I could bring you into BBW with me!  I'm usually not this scared about returns.  Again, I appreciate you.  💗

@greeneyedgirl107 

Yikes, I hope life eases up on you soon! 😘 Good luck, and you got this!

@RGbrown thanks, girl!

@greeneyedgirl107  Hmm... do BBW's updated terms and/or returns policy include any kind of effective date for purchases? For instance, Sephora put a "THIS POLICY IS EFFECTIVE FOR ALL PURCHASES MADE ON AND AFTER JULY 1, 2021" effective date in their updated returns policy when they shortened their return window (for full refund to original payment method) from 60 to 30 days. To me, that means if I purchased an item from Sephora on June 30, 2021 and, 55 days later, decided to return it, I should still be able to get a full refund to my original method of payment. 

I'm no attorney, so I'd need to do some digging to find out if a business in the US is in any way obligated to honor their previous terms for products and services purchased under said terms. But I'm guessing the answer is no, unless a signed contract is involved and the contract doesn't state that terms can change at any time. In fact, if the previous version of BBW's return policy terms included a statement about terms being subject to change, that's further reason (for me) to believe their current terms are the ones they'll follow. 

It'd be nice, though, if a BBW employee would let you exchange unused candles, especially if you bought them this year. I can see BBW saying no to exchanges for products bought before 2022, unless their current return policy states an effective "purchases made by" date. 

You could email BBW and ask. Heck, you could create a new Gmail account and pose the question to BBW's CS without using your real name, customer info, or purchase details, just to get clarification on their updated return policy. 🙂 

@WinglessOne This is an excellent information.  Thank you so very much for taking the time to type it all out.  I apologize for being late in my reply.  Rest assured, I read and re-read this and it helped me build my case (or possibly come to terms with things!).  Life has been happening recently, if you know what I mean.  I'm just nervous about the whole thing, which is weird b/c I'm usually not that way about returns.  I'm hoping to have the courage to see what happens next week.  I appreciate your help.  💗

@WinglessOne I think retailers don't understand how thier screw up can affect TRE.  Although I've never had an issue,  I am fearful at times.

As for you having to return the palettes, I think the polite thing would be to let you keep them.  

I'm sorry this happened. 

@WinglessOne @That’s annoying !!! I bet it’s either coded wrong in the system or they mixed up boxes and someone’s not looking. 

hopefully you get the right one this time !!

Fingers crossed 🤞 for you, @WinglessOne ! 🙂

Frivolous "Not Helpful" votes. Why does this get it? There is nothing wrong with their review:

Yes

I bought this on a blind buy, I know it’s crazy cause it’s so expensive . At first I was a little disappointed, not because it didn’t smell good but I think my expectations were too high… then I found the more I wore the fragrance the more I liked it. Now I absolutely love it. My love was shy at first :p. It’s beautiful!
Helpful?(3)|(6)

@Buootiful yes! It's either brand fans or sometimes I think/hope it's people accidently hitting the not helpful button? I know I've done this by accident a couple of times and felt so bad- I wish there was a way to undo it! I usually make sure to give a helpful vote to the same review so hopefully it helps balance it out 🤦

@Buootiful, oh that's just fandoms being super petty.  I usually roll my eyes and move on.

I agree, frivolous un helpfulls are Not. Helpful. @Buootiful 

My eyebrows are not evenly shaded.  Some are black, some are white.  Every product I've tried on them so far leaves me with accidentally ombre brows.  Dark brown on top of black looks black, but on top of white can turn reddish.  Does anyone have any suggestions?  A product that colors the brows the same no matter what?   Thank you!

Kosas brow pop medium brown, air brow brown black! That’s my go-to. 

@Ispend2much6 Ardell sells an eyebrow tinting kit and I’ve heard of people using Just For Men to do their eyebrows. There’s lots of Youtube videos. I think if you have a steady hand (or a good helper) either of those are worth a shot (or at least a patch test). Worse case, makeup will mostly likely cover it until it fades.

Thank you @makeitup305 !  If it works, it certainly would be worth it. 

I get my eyebrows dyed when I get a color touch up @Ispend2much6. Unfortunately it does not last long enough but that gives me the most natural looking effect. Whatever you do don’t tweeze the ugly white hairs. It will just leave a hole.

@Loretta55  Wish I'd ask you this question before two weeks ago...unfortunately I found that out!  Thank you!

Oh no what happened @Ispend2much6?

12,421 Replies
testing