Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

@blackkitty2014  ugh sorry. 😞 It's always like that isn't it.

First time visiting the Peeves lounge but need to vent, so here it goes...

Saw the ABH reward and googled swatches to see what it looks like &came across this image

0000.JPG

Yes....the color on the right is:

0000.JPG

I can't possibly be the only that finds this incredibly offensive & insensitive.  ARGHHHH!!!  05.JPG

I mean, who's the jerk that thought this would be a cool name over at JS Cos?  Like...seriously!?!?

JS is the worst. Period.

@ZombieMetroAnt

He is the worst. 😞

I completely lost respect for him after the whole KVD drama, but i was never too fond of him to begin with. There is nothing witty or edgy about violence.

@ZombieMetroAnt

A year or more ago I had remarked on this on BT.  It seems "trying too hard" and desperate to be cool and edgy, when you are not.

There was a member here (that worked in a shelter - Xchanel or something) who even wrote to the owner about how unwise this name was.  Especially since women were the customer base,  and so many have had such difficult pasts.

Apparently she got a foul response back.  

This is all so distasteful and obnoxious, I need a shower now.

I was just thinking he tries too hard to be edgy and controversial.  There's a ton of companies out there who value what their consumers have to say that's why I spend my money elsewhere.

@greenchilli

Spoiler
I'm glad it was discussed before! This really pi**ed me off.  It's a serious matter that still plagues our society today.

I felt bad after posting because I thought the subject was perhaps a bit too dark for our awesome board, but conversation is good.  

Thanks for your response!!

Eeew, how sick. You wonder how someone like that can wake up in the AM and face themselves?

@prettyinpa Have you seen all the stuff he has? He has no problem waking up, he doesn't face himself. I don't think he has a soul. 

@Samtian yes! my thoughts exactly. there's no way he has a soul based on the way he treats people. i boycotted his brand and never looked back, but i can't help being disgusted by him anyway.

@Samtian- I don't check out his site or pay any attention to him. If no one pays attention to him, hopefully he will disappear like a vampire in sunlight!

Not an appropriate name for a lipstick in my opinion, who would think this was ok.

I agree @ZombieMetroAnt, that shade name is definitely offensive. 😞

It's awful. Someone also pointed this out several pages back when we were discussing the tackiness and ickiness of JS also naming a color "Deceased." 

Anonymous Insider

Long crazy day at work and come home to find that my package that was "delivered" isn't there.  Yeah FedEx left it "at the front door" as in outside... on the stoop... of a New York city apartment building.

bb5ec133dcee35211175e04bc7b9482340ab292b50503e4309272dd7e65f0c10.jpeg

i've had this happen to me so many times. i've caught UPS dropping of my package at the wrong door. Like HELLO my apt number is on there!!

Don't give up hope! Sometimes my packages say delivered at door, but don't show up until the next day or so. 

Err.....so many perfume/cologne samples

Screen Shot 2016-11-30 at 12.43.05 PM.png

this bugs me so much, especially when 80% of them are mens!

I am using them as air freshener now.

Holy cow, are they trying to tell us something?

12,350 Replies
testing