Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags (1)

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

My pet peeve: at Sephora or Ulta when they hand me a shopping basket,  please don't hand that to me because I will fill that thing up!!!

Oh BT... why oh why do you hate hearts so much... I'll go into a thread to read and heart posts and when I come back to that same thread later to read the new comments the hearts I've previously given aren't there anymore... Anyone else notice this?

I hate it when you buy a lipstick and you can't see anything to indicate the shade on the tube,

Those days when, no matter what you do, your winger eyeliner just will not cooperate. I had to re-do it about 5 times this morning. -___-

Not accurate shipping details. Sephora shipping is so crazy right now.

1. I had a box that was supposed to be delivered yesterday no show up so I checked. It went out of salt lake to Kentucky to Jax to being out for delivery back to salt lake originating. I called waited 15 min to talk to someone (they must be really having trouble) to be told disregard that's not right. Obviously. I did get it today.

2. My rouge only Sephora play mysteriously shows up today. I say mysteriously because it has not shipped yet according to my account and customer service said i was not going to get it until late next week. I actually lol when I opened it. 

Nice surprise but come on I know they have to scan the boxes I have planned trips around my deliveries like everyone else. 

Spoiler

Having to color match seasonally, le sigh. 

When a great gift idea hits you waaayyyy after the fact. I kept passing on the Naked Smokey palette when it'd go on sale for $27 because it didn't appeal to me that much since I had a lot of the colors, but now I just realized it would have been a perfect gift to pick up for one of my friends. Hope it goes on sale again. Even on sale it's a bit beyond our friend group's polite gift giving range, so I can't really justify getting it full priced as a gift, but now I sure am tempted.

Crappy nail polish. Ugh! I ordered a few Formula X nail polishes during the massive restock and I was particularly excited about the Incandescent one. I just tried it today and holy moly it's terrible. It was just a thin, watery, streaky mess. One of the worst polishes I've ever tried. Moral of the story: do not buy Formula X Incandescent.

Also, do not buy the CVS beauty 360 non-acetone nail polish remover pads. These are the worst nail polish remover pads I've ever used.  

Smiley Sad

ETA: Oh, and Marc Jacobs Blanche sucks too. FIVE coats and it's still streaky. Ugh!

I just made an Ulta purchase and noticed AFTER I placed my order that I missed the platinum mark by a few cents...oh boy! Guess I will be making another order soon just to justify requalifying for platinum again haha Smiley Wink

Screen Shot 2017-06-04 at 11.29.29 AM.png

Falling just a couple dollars short of free shipping/GWP/etc and the company you're buying from not having anything bellow $10 you can throw on to make the minimum. It's either miss the promo/free shipping by $2 or commit to spending $15 more on something you didn't really want to avoid $6 shipping or to get a deluxe sample.

When you place an order with Sephora on the 18th and it still hasn't been shipped on the 28th... I called the Rouge line and cancelled the order today.

Between this order and the continuing website issues, I'm going to be consciously trying to avoid purchasing stuff from Sephora for a while.  

Hm.. I usually don't have problems with products being damaged during shipping (~10% chance?) but a palette from Sephora arrived shattered today. 😭 Why UPS, why?

When you report inappropriate content to moderators and nothing's been done Smiley Sad  @KatieBT 

Spoiler

As a vegetarian; nothing annoys me more than a brand claiming they're "cruelty free" when they sell real mink lashes. Even if I still ate meat, this would upset me knowing it's false advertising and torturous. Even if a company claims they collect fallen hair, the amount of hair they collect is not natural. Nor is it to be believed it just "fell". The most important thing when purchasing is to do your research. 

This is a silly pet peeve but I'm kind of annoyed at myself that I didn't take advantage of Ebates's birthday week, especially with Ulta and Macy's. There's things in both stores that I know I'm going to buy at some point that I could've really saved up on. I had a ton of multipliers for Ulta too. I shouldn't be mad that I saved money but somehow I'm annoyed that I did, probably because I know I'm gonna spend it eventually and won't get such a great deal.

When lipstick comes off the corners of my mouth- so annoying!!!!

when products you really want to order during the sale, are only available on the website after the sale.. smh

everybody knows that when you contour or highlight your cheek bones i go to school and i see so many girls with too much makeup and it gets on my nerves IMG_20170405_084856.jpg

More Ulta pet peeves. 

I did a return and the SA created a NEW rewards acct under my phone number. So now of course my points are all messed up and in two places. 

Extremely rude. How can you create an acct for me without my consent? 

So... I might be breaking up with Ulta. 

I called this morning to find out if there was any ETA regarding the UD Basquiat Vault. The first rep that I spoke to had no idea what I was talking about so when that conversation ended, I called back.  The second rep told me that the stock hadn't come in yet and he wasn't sure if it would but when/if it does, it will go on the website.

Then at lunch I see that trendmood has posted that the Vault is available... for people who managed to put it in their favorites before it disappeared from the website hours before the scheduled launch.  Then there were some elated comments from people who could access it and confusion from those (like me) who couldn't see it even with the link.

So I called customer service again.  "Oh that's just a rumor, nothing is available, we don't know when it'll be available, it's a website glitch that we've alerted our tech people to. yadda yadda yadda" "Um," I say, "it's not a rumor, people have posted pictures of their order confirmations."  "No, it's absolutely a rumor but some of our stores have this [online only] item." Riiiiiiiight.

Then on the train home, I see this Ulta Beauty post on TwitterScreen Shot 2017-05-02 at 7.39.59 PM.png

Confuse me?  I thought there was still a delay. I thought that the stories of vaults purchased earlier were "rumors".

So, because I'm a hunter and obsessive, I call again.  And the Ulta rep tells me that it hasn't launched, they don't know when it will launch and no one has actually purchased the vault, maybe they are just seeing it in their carts from the [nonexistent] time when they were able to put it there.  "Nope," I say "your twitter just completely contradicts what you just said."  And as I went back to twitter so that I could tell her which tweet I was referring to:

Screen Shot 2017-05-02 at 7.37.31 PM.png

"oh" says the rep, "let me check with someone, I only know what I was told..."  Then she comes back to confirm that yes, there was a launch of 50ish vaults and they are all gone and none of the higherups at Ulta thought to tell the CS reps so that they wouldn't be giving false information all day. 

Argh!

TL;DR WTF Ulta, that Basquiat Vault Launch was horrendous.

Thanks for letting me rant

Somewhat beauty related because it involves Sephora but I HATE not being able to write reviews because the site is still messed up! I want to write my heart out and praise all the items I have recently purchased that are awesome and would highly recommend but am not able to on any device or browser that I use Smiley Sad

10,871 Replies