Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

Thank you, @tastelikewater!! It seems to be on the mend now!!

@haleyvvvv Ugh, I felt this in my soul. Hope your skin quickly rebounds! 

Thank you, @WinglessOne!! It seems to be going okay now!!

I don't like it when I see hair extensions on the back of the head and I am sitting right behind.

Sometimes I don't like it when I see somebody who goes bare, which is fine, but that I think would be so incredibly enhanced by makeup. Women of exceptional beauty who don't need it, and yet it bothers me that are not highlighting and accentuating their beauty with a little mascara, liner, blush, highlighter, some lip color.

I don't like the Tammy Faye Baker look. I don't like cake. I don't like makeup for everyday wear that is more costume.

Don't ever trust Hollywood - I'd say celebrity endorsements are a huge pet peeve. The only Harper's Baazar "this is my night routine" YouTube that I thought was legit was Demi Moore's. Do you think Penelope Cruz really wears Olay? I don't even use that and I'm an ordinary woman. That bothers me, Penelope, sayin' she's usin' Olay. Um, sorry, I'm not that gullible and a pet peeve is being lied to constantly, with erroneous advertising. Every time I see an ad with Cruz saying she uses Olay daily, I have to REALLY relax.

Personally I love it when I see bare faces. Plus women don’t need to wear make up all the time. I go out bear face and I love it and then when I feel like it all enhance my features with highlighter and eyebrows and mascara. I guess it just depends on the day for people

I think this picture says it all and I had a parcel from Hudson's Bay last week with the other meteorites and 2 lipsticks that was the same.The meteorites are surprisingly intact in spite of the huge box and not one scrap of packing material.IMG_3595[1].JPG

😂🤣 @Seymore3 For a moment there, I thought you ordered the pearls from Neiman Marcus 😂🤣😀. I’m happy that your pearls arrive intact 🌹

@Seymore3 😮 Was there no smaller box??/?

I am SO GLAD it came INTACT. Thank you, I needed to laugh badly and as I focused on the picture I howled. I really, really needed to. Bless your heart.

And I understand... you wonder what some folks out there are thinking (or really IF they are thinking, yes yes). Again, happy it's intact and I laughed, the tears are still in my eyes. 😆🙌

@Seymore3   😑😞

I was curious to see reviews on a Tatcha The Dewy serum. Wow, 766 reviews...and color me shocked that not ONE of the reviews was from a verified purchase! I mean, NO ONE who reviewed it actually bought it?? Influenster should be put out of business!

The verified purchase is relatively newish (the past year) and only gets marked if reviewed in about a month after purchase, @Harobedb. So the verified purchase doesn't capture people who bought a while ago and are now reviewing (maybe after using a full size, which could take a while?), or people who bought elsewhere, or people who received a deluxe sample size with purchase, or people who bought a value set and are reviewing each item on their individual item page, etc... The influenster reviews are the "received as a free sample." It would be useful to sort those out. So a lack of verified purchase reviews doesn't mean they're all from influenster.

That particular Tatcha product is new. The oldest of the 766 reviews is 27 days old.

But having said that, you are right about buying elsewhere, getting a sample, etc., then leaving a review. I was looking to buy a serum, and I like some Tatcha products. But that particular serum, multiplied by a few zillion Influenster ads, err, "reviews", just left a bad taste. I wish there was a way to block out the freebie reviews!

@Harobedb @I bought mine from Tatcha direct but haven’t left a review for it yet. 

Lipliner that feathers. 

I hate when people don’t wash there hand before doing there skin care routine!!!

@zeinahk i hear you. I step way from the bathroom while waiting for products to absorb and end up washing my hands multiple times. 

I got the Viseart Petite Pro 5 Soleil, and my order arrived smashed. No problem though, customer service had a new one shipped out within a couple of hours! And the replacement arrived today! And it's smashed even worse than the first one.

Aiee.

I'm sure CS will send out another replacement,* but gosh darn it, I wanted to put the eyeshadow on my face, not my lap!

* Edit: Yes, they did. Hooray good customer service.

Anyone who has a skincare routine but forgets, or neglects, to wear sunglasses, sunscreen, hats, scarves, and who flies airplanes and leaves their window open for everyone inside, SO REALLY STRONG UV rays 35,000x closer to us, those rays burn our skin, slowly.

Not taking preventative measures, the great product recommendations made here, get null and voided. Many (not saying any here, but in my experience) buy up on skincare and don't do any prevention. Both are important and it bothers the heck out of me. Because they don't do the preliminary they're worse off than before.

🤔uh... no ...

🤔I know most here do. If you don't, please, start. Then get your product ON! Cha-ching! To bein' dewy FER LIFE!I know most here do. If you don't, please, start. Then get your product ON! Cha-ching! To bein' dewy FER LIFE!

Sephora decided to send a VIB/Rouge GWP promo code that they send once a quarter (if that, even) this morning rightttttt after I placed an order the night before 🙄 this made me mildly annoyed... what great timing.

I see the one promo of which you potentially speak.....but it isn't working for me @Guessgal 🤷🏼‍♀️🤷🏼‍♀️

12,350 Replies
testing