Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

RE: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

When you go to a Sephora JCP and they literally don't carry your color of Sephora Collection foundation! I mean I get that they have limited selection but it seems they should at least have all of the shades of their own foundation!!

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

Fishy things are a pet peeve...

Does anyone remember Wander Beauty's most recent help name our shades threads? There were two. In the first thread, they asked us to come up with travel-inspired names for a lipstick duo (red & plum) that was supposed to drop this fall. In the second thread, we narrowed down and named shades (including a brand new metallic) for a set that was supposed to be released this past summer.

A while ago I noticed that the summer set thread was gone (deleted or lost in the migration, but who really knows?) and now the other one is, too. It just seems kind of fishy for these threads to disappear when this brand has been extremely engaging in the past. 😞

I hope that the threads were just lost and not deliberately deleted.

Now, why am I even bringing this up? For all we know, they could have just scrapped those product plans. Well, I was browsing the Sephora website and came across this set:

wander1.PNGwander2.PNG

https://www.sephora.com/product/read-my-lips-P424305

Wow, that looks a lot like what was talked about in that second thread. Hmm, that looks like the same metallic shade, too. I even remember that "Hot Gossip," and "Sunset" were some of the names suggested...

If Wander did use a BT/BIC member's names, I really hope whoever made the suggestions received proper credit or, at the very least, a thank you. Otherwise, I'd be pretty disgusted with this brand. 

Also, apologies if this isn't the right thread to post this. I would have posted in the random thoughts one, but that thread doesn't show up on the main page. 

ETA: Found a cached snapshot of the first thread. The thread name was "If You Love Lipstick As Much As We Do...Help us Name These Shades."

Spoiler
wanderdeletedlipduothread1.PNGwanderdeletedlipduothread2.PNG 

Update! We finally have a thank you from Wander. Now, let's hope Wander personally thanked the people who had their name suggestions used. Not everyone who participated is still active on BIC. Still, I guess this is better than nothing.   

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Makeup-Is-Life/Thank-you/m-p/3497321#M17143

@sabrinas @angel7594 @Tamara76 @Samtian @alexasteph

Apologies in advance for the tags. I figured that since you all originally commented about this, you'd be interested in the update. 🙂

@lmi82 Thanks for the tag!

Thanks for the tag, @lmi82!!!💗💗💗

Wow..... I totally remember those threads - I am pretty sure I submitted suggestions in these last two rounds, but can't remember offhand what I suggestions!  I certainly hope they give credit where it is due! 

I remember the first time they asked for product suggestions they sent all the participants an eyeshadow, which was awesome ( I still have mine), but not totally necessary as long as they credit the person who came up with the name...

@lmi82

Hm... Remember when they did this a couple of summers ago? With the eye shadows? They did send us thank yous for participating, and did eventually use the shade that "won," I can tell you this for a fact because it was my suggestion and I received an additional prize and also now own the shade I named, and have seen it all over on retail sites. So I wonder why they would run it so well the first time then totally botch it the second? Definitely annoying though, especially for those who participated the second go around. I rarely use the products they sent me and am not overly impressed with the shade I named, as excited as I was to have named it. Frankly, it's not a product line I tend to reach for. 

Yeah, I remember that. They were absolutely great the first time around. I wonder what happened. 😞

This is very strange indeed @lmi82! I wondered why they never got back to us, and I couldn’t find the threads again either. 🤔 I saw one of the names in the image above, “Riviera” and that was similar to one of my submissions, which was “Riviera Rose.” I also recognized the “Hot Gossip” name someone else suggested.

OMG! You just made me notice something, @angel7594. That Riviera lipstick in the set looks a lot like the red shade from the first thread (see the spoiler box in my main post). That is also where you made your "Riviera Rose" suggestion. I have the screenshot to prove it. 

angelwandernamesuggestions.PNG

If you follow the link below (after replacing each "dot" with periods), you'll be able to see where I screenshotted your post.

http://webcache DOT googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:l4u1n07COyYJ:community DOT sephora DOT com/t5/Ask-The-Experts/If-You-Love-Lipstick-As-Much-As-We-Do-Help-us-Name-These-Shades/m-p/2614919+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

Gah! I just really wish I could find a cached snapshot of that other thread. 

Thanks for finding this @lmi82! ❤️ I feel disappointed because it certainly appears they took inspiration from our name suggestions, and did not come back to share that with us here.

No problem, @angel7594. I'm disappointed, too. I just hope that we'll be able to receive some sort of explanation. 

@lmi82 Omg! Thats so frustrating, I also recognize the names!!! I saw Hot Gossip and right away I was like yep, yes, I remember. This is making me annoyed too now seeing it.

@MeganBT @KatieBT do either of you have any info about this? 

I'm glad that I'm not the only one who's annoyed, @sabrinas. Hopefully, the mods will chime in about this. 

@lmi82 I also asked Wander on their instagram page. They have a post with this exact set so I decided to comment on it asking about everything.... curious if they will respond, ignore, or delete the comment hmm. Ill keep you updated!

@sabrinas Did they reply?

@Samtian Nope :(.  My post is still there so they didnt delete it at least. I know they saw it too because they arent a busy/active account so its not like theres tons of people posting

That's a great idea! I can't wait to see what they do with your instagram comment.

When you can't figure out why you can't heart a post in the haul thread, but you really want to because this chick buys all the stuff you love ... and then you realize that it's your post and you've hearted your way four pages into the thread without realizing that you landed on your last post. (No wonder you liked all the stuff in the picture!!!!) 😉

That is hilarious, @Tamara76. You do post the most amazin...

That is hilarious, @Tamara76. You do post the most amazing hauls. XD I have done that before too.

Re: That is hilarious, @Tamara76. You do post the most amazin...

Awww thanks and lol!   @Lazybeautybeast ❤️

12,459 Replies
testing