Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

Isn’t it odd @CynthieLu ?! And in certain light. I find the Merit to dry down very well and it’s not really wet to begin with. Looks so natural. The WA is obv more dry but it’s very smooth and easy to blend. A little goes a long way but the little spoolie at the end corrects anything quickly. I’m always brow challenged and not the best at doing mine so these proved well as brows for dummies like me. Lol. 

@Sunnysmom  So you use the WA to fill in gaps, not to shade the white hairs?

@Sunnysmom  No, but I'm about to- thanks!!

When you are done taking pictures of your makeup and you really like how they turned out but notice a brush hair or something on your face that you didn’t brush away. 

Yeees those stray hairs 😅 can really muck up a nice pic

I feel this @SportyGirly125 

When you’re using a magnet to move singles and the magnet picks up the eyeshadow!!!! WTH! It’s happened to me several times and it kills me every time. 

When you’re so excited to try your new expensive foundation you pack it for a trip and for the first time ever, a foundation opens up and spills all over. Sadly I lost half of my Hourglass Ambient Soft Glow Foundation and it’s become one of my favorites so it’s running out faster than usual. I’m so sad 😞

I'm so sorry this happened, @makeitup305 ! 😖  Very disappointing I'm sure!

It's so disappointing when items spill when you travel, @makeitup305. 🙁

I have a beauty pet peeve 😅 but it's completely aimed at myself.

I hate when I'm doing my mascara and accidentally poke myself in the eye. Uuuugh by now you'd think I'd never miss 😭

Just the worst right? You finish your make up and then the teary eye threatens to ruin that hard work 🤣 but I can only blame me lol

I felt the pain reading this. I hate when it happens 😭

Hate that @CynthieLu , all the time too!! 😩

@Sunnysmom it's no fun when it happens 😓 I'm just surprised when it does. I figure I'd be an expert by now and never miss lol

Same @CynthieLu , it’s like so shocking when it happens! 😭 Ouch and also the mess! Grr. 

I can relate!!
I wear contacts and I’ll get black spots on my lenses and have to remove them, clean them and put them back it. The contacts do protect from the mascara poking the eye a little bit but then you have to clean them 😂 

Oooh with contacts @louwolff  oh no! what a pain that must be!

@CynthieLu my eyelids are getting pretty hooded and I have such short and sparse lashes that I'm always poking myself. 🙄 I've almost given up on mascara, but I'm going to pick up the Dior Diorshow Mascara Set to see if wearing a primer helps.

@curlychiquita   I've been using the waterproof Dior without a primer for several weeks.  I'm pretty happy with it; even though it's waterproof I don't lose any lashes when I take it off.

Over the weekend though, the formula seems like it thickened up a bit.  What I ended up with was thicker, more noticeable lashes, so I guess I can't complain!

This morning I managed to spritz some perfume in to my eye. It’s Yves Saint Laurent Libre Eau De Parfum . Beautiful fragrance. I do not recommend it for the eye. 

Ooooh that would hurt @alexasteph I'm so sorry for your eyes!

@alexasteph - I'm so sorry!  That must have been unpleasant! 😝

12,421 Replies
testing