Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

I always quietly tell people if they have something on their face or in their teeth. I remember once telling a man he still had shaving cream behind his ear. He had been to multiple places before seeing me and couldn’t believe not one person had told him. I don’t understand why people think it’s more polite to let someone go off and continue to embarrass themselves rather than tell them 

@jemly That's why there are some brands of lipstick I don't wear. I blame it on the formula. There was one or two that literally smeared all over my face like a clown. Just find a lipstick with a good formula to stay put and that is transfer proof. And keep your hands off your mouth and face. Haha Proly bc you subconciously know something is where it shouldn't be. I've learned touching my face a lot is a cue to check my lipstick. Once those lipsticks start to wander they become adventurers.

Jemly,I agree w/ you which is why I tell my friends & even Strangers quietly & politely .

@jemly   if you’re feeling antsy about wearing reds yet you really want to, try a lipstick top coat to make any lipstick transfer proof.  

E61C7A16-2CD4-4B21-AEC8-69C2BF782D6E.jpeg

@jemly   I want to believe it’s because no one’s actually paying much attention to our faces and they’re too self absorbed in their own thoughts but yeah, that bothers me as well.  There’s no one who wouldn’t appreciate being informed of a makeup malfunction.  it’s not polite to say nothing when it’s an easy quick fix.  

@jemly I would want someone to let me know if that happened to me. That would be very surprising. Maybe a long lasting lippie would get you back wearing lipsticks again? If you miss it I say keep wearing them 💞💄

@jemly  I agree. I don’t wear red lipstick for that reason unless I’m with my husband who will tell me. Why don’t women support women more?? 

@ather I think real friends (and strangers too, kindly done!) should always do this! That and lots of other potentially embarrassing stuff that could happen ! 😳🤣

This is the same when I have "a bat in the cave"...I always tell people secretly they have something in their nose!! It's just not right keeping such a secret

Sneezing right after applying mascara 😣 especially with allergy season around the corner

@arlenekim I suffer from year-long allergies and HATE when this happens. When I feel a sneeze coming on while my lashes are still wet, I always slip my fingers under the lashes so the mascara gets on my fingers and not my face- works like a charm!

@arlenekimthis!!! Ughh! Allergy season really does a number on any makeup I wear on my eyes. 😔 I look forward to the weather warming up, but not for the allergies that come with it.

EASY. This has happened to me a few times now due to my adhd and just moving too fast lol. 

I have dry skin but I sweat easily due to hormones. So I have to use hydrating primer and matte foundation or the other way around. The days I move to fast and use a matte primer and a matte foundation I go outside and realize I look and feel like a crusty ghost. Skin dry face dry everything just DRY lol

“…a crusty ghost…”

Great way to put it.  😊

When you’re feeling super cute while out  and take a photo only to notice finishing powder has fused itself into your collar AGAIN.  Not a makeup wipe to be found either. 

2C40A5F6-FAA0-4212-BE45-31BAB0E712D9.jpeg

So is my life. 

@heartsmyface All. The. Time.

Baby wipes are great in a pinch though! I always have a pack in my car for all kinds of messes and spills.

@heartsmyface beeeeen there! or my latest fail - does makeup, realizes my outfit included a turtleneck because its painfully cold 😩 the makeup was too good, so i did opt to be cold LOL

@cianni  Oh my gosh I learned a trick to put turtlenecks on and not get makeup on it during the dressing process! Put a tea towel around the neck area so you have a protective layer.  Not much to do about the friction throughout the day  against anything brought down the neck though🙃

I wouldn't have noticed in your picture but I know it happens to me all winter, too. I'm looking forward to warm weather again. @heartsmyface 

@curlychiquita  Yeah the bundling things against the face really ruins the look of everything - the makeup and the winter gear.  

The number of times I've held off on white jackets... @heartsmyface You are not alone!

12,456 Replies
testing