Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

@YoiFran@prti You might be able to use a tiny bit as a brow/flyaway tamer.

Not really a beauty pet peeve, but more that feeling of dread when you know your mom is about to be mad at you for something.

upload_2497528986454373753.png

"Don't kill me?" 😛

Had just one to post, but now I have two. <.<

Finally figured out what I wanted to get with my $25 off $50 reward after getting to a store to swatch. Finally found a bronzer that would actually work for me. It is sold out online and in all my local stores.

This one goes out to Ulta. All the news I'd heard for them getting Nars was the limited release in November, and the rest coming in 2017. So when the 20% off came up and I had $125 worth of points ready, I decided I wasn't going to wait until next year for Nars stuff, and the three items in their November limited release I either had or didn't want. So I ordered last week. Just found out today they dropped more Nars products out of the blue, including some I was looking forward to. It's like they did it on purpose.

It doesn't help with the points, but NARS was excluded from the 20% coupon, if that makes you feel any better.

Does make me feel a little better, haha. Though since I was using points I probably would have been okay with not having the 20% off on a couple NARS products.

An update on my Bath & Unwind order. They asked me how I want to proceed as the second item was OOS from my order. I told them to cancel entire order and refund me. They didn't reply for two days and then sent me an email informing that entire order is shipped through a trackable shipment. 

I am good with that because I actually want those products but isn't it a silly thing they did. I could have asked them why they ship the order when I told them to cancel it. I think they need to get a bit organized. Anyways I am happy they ship my order finally. Now fingers crossed how long the priority mail will take to arrive here.

@fatimamummywow!  Glad you'll get them but seriously!  I am super pissed with them... I got my 2nd order and had to pay an extra 50$... The person who filled out the customs form jacked up the value of what was inside... They have the worst CS EVER!

Oh if they put the actual prices instead of what I paid, I'll be charged duties as well. Let's see. @k617 Is there an option to refuse the package and pick it later after sorting out duties and all ?

@fatimamummy if you refuse a package it will be returned to the sender. If a broker was involved you will probably still be responsible for brokerage fees! Might want to double check with the courier. 

You might be be able to contact the courier and submit the invoice for your purchase for them to use to clear the package (stating you were made aware that an incorrect value was used for other shipments coming from this retailer) but I'm not sure that would work or if it's too late already. 

@veronica23 if you submit your invoice to the CBSA which states the price you paid you should be able to get a refund/partial refund of the duties you paid!

@k617. Thanks. Good to know! If they had put the normal amount I probably wouldn't have paid anything... It's duties+taxes+broker fees+other fees. It's f-ing ridiculous! They might give me back like a few dollars because they'll say the other fees aren't refundable.. blah blah blah. Not sure I want to go through the trouble just for a few $$$

You're right V, brokerage fees are non refundable 😞 I thought this was just a canadapost shipment.

Wow how annoying! good you're going to get your goodies now but what an annoying company to deal with!

I am so confused haha Did they purposely do the exact opposite? or did your item happen to get back in stock at that time. Who knows!. Your experience isnt that far off from horror stories I've seen on IG about people being scammed by companies ie never receiving items, or receiving them weeks and weeks later.  I'm glad you are getting your items shipped!

I woke up late this morning so I tried to do my morning routine quickly. I have those moisturizers in a jar with pump (pic here: 

Spoiler
p232910-av-02-Lhero.jpg

I pushed down the pump too hard and the cream in the jar went flying everywhere 😄 I ended up scooping my moisturizer from the walls and table to use as a hand & foot cream. I felt bad for wasting my moisturizer though 😞

lol that happened to me as well when i first bought it, but honestly i do love the pump because it dispense just the right amount of product to cover my whole face and neck

I've scrapped my fair share of that moisturizer off the floor and rubbed it on my elbows.  That stuff is expensive!

That design just looks like trouble!

@prti:  Funny you mentioned this!  The Kate Somerville Goat Milk moisturizer is one of my recent favorite finds after using a deluxe sample of it in a squeeze tube.  After seeing what the full-sized packaging looked like, I went back and redeemed for more DS -- that jar with a pump looks too troublesome, and quite a few reviews on the product page also complain about the poor packaging as well.   

@MlleCC KS Goat Milk moisturizer is one of my recent favorites too! It's the first cream moisturizer that I like (I have only been using gel or oil-free moisturizer before picking up this one). I was actually excited to use a jar with a pump because of hygienic reasons but now that I wasted some of my moisturizer, a regular jar would not deter me from purchasing a product.

Ultimate pet peeve... using a makeup remover and then going about the rest of my evening until I catch my reflection in the mirror and see my skin all dry and flaking off... why makeup remover why....

12,350 Replies
testing