Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

my pet peeve is that foundations and concealers are very...

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

When you can't say it with words, say it with memes.

13de1c18ec65d92df505639b82fcd5fa.jpgpicardfacepalm-sigh-its-like-talking-to-a-wall.jpg

Well, these memes sum up my day most perfectly:) @veronika23

@heartsmyface  yup they sum up my last few days perfectly 😂😂😂

Yikes @ that thread. 

@veronika23

Totally agreed. 🤐

Anonymous Insider

RE: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

When products are CRAZY over priced, I like high end products but sometimes companies price them really high like ridiculously high, when a mascara says waterproof and it just sticks to your face when it gets wet and is so hard to get off, when people mention something in blended or something you messed up on and then your embarrassed, when people shave their eyebrows off or fill them in like a crazy person and think they actually look good like you do you boo but I just don't like it, when you get something and the product sucks, when the packaging or product breaks, and stuff like that...

Sooooo funny, I know/knew a chick that shaved her brows then drew them back on but no where near her real ones. She constantly looks surprised/clowns and she would just draw a line!!!! Not even an attempt at hair like strokes, just a line 😂 I told her they were crazy and got her to grow them out. 2 weeks in she shaved 'em right off! I just 🤣

You are too funny! Love it
Anonymous Insider

😋

When a company suddenly decides to discontinue my favorite product (MAC, I'm looking at you). 😡

Re: RE: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

@bobalu What's your favorite product? 

Re: RE: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

Viva La Glam VI Lip Glass. And now they're getting rid of my backup, the Long Wear Lip whatever 

I can't remember if this was mentioned before, but seriously beauty world, make your swatches true to life rather than tweaked to death so they'll look "perfect" online but then seriously disappoint IRL. I'm vexed at ColourPop as of late, since their definition of red is more my definition of PINK. Get it together retailers, all these returns can't be good for your bottom line! Just call a color what it is and take a picture that doesn't get filtered to death, and I'll be a happy camper. 😖

when i try to do my eyeliner but doesnt turn out good and...

when i try to do my eyeliner but doesnt turn out good and i end up looking like a raccoon

My beauty pet peeve is how girls try to tell other girls they are not doing something correctly or they aren't doing something the way that they would like it. There is no correct way to do your makeup, everyone is free to express themselves however they'd like. You can't tell a girl she is not using a bright enough lipstick, or her blush looks too pink, or her highlighter is too blinding. Yes, you can give feedback to girls who don't have much experience like "Hey your foundation isn't blended all the way on your left cheek." but do not bring someone down because they like brighter or darker shades than you, have a different taste in makeup, or like their looks more dramatic or subtle than you like yours. Don't put someone down for being different than you.

RE: Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

Haha, overcorrect one eye . . . fix the other . . . in perpetuity. (Same thing with shadow—trying to fix something small and eventually one side gets chunky or muddy and it all has to come off.) 😂

Yes @Emyleebeauty! There are no rules!!

Anonymous Insider

My beauty pet peeves are when you can't get your eyeliner even and when you try a darker lipstick color and end up looking like a clown or Maranda sings or something 

veronika23 wrote:

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

veronika23 wrote:

veronika23 wrote:

Pet peeves

I hate how every instragram contest wants you to tag two or three friends. -__- I'd love to enter all the beauty giveaways, but none of my friends are into makeup and I'm not about to spam them with things they have no interest in. I don't understand why tagging everyone and their dog always needs to be a requirement. 

You can totally tag my puppies if needed to win a beauty give-away! 😉 Gainey_hounddogs

12,471 Replies
testing