Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

@blueviolet21 I've never been matched by someone else. I think the silver lining in being as pale as I am is that I don't have to guess too hard which shade to get. I just try the lightest color and if it's too dark I move on lol.

#palegirlproblems

LOL That's actually me too @suzyo! I was just regretting... not doing that lol! I tried to grab the lightest shade and this guy talked me into letting him "match" me as if he and I both didn't know I would be the lightest color or nothing lol. Then a week later I fell for it again. This counter lady said, "oh, you have a tan, you can pull this off," and somehow I believed her. (I do not have a tan-- or at least, not a particularly significant one.) Sigh. I suppose my pet peeve should be myself then.

Oh no @blueviolet21 I would say high pressure sales people would be the peeve here 😉

Mine would be Sephora discontinuing the palest shades of...

Mine would be Sephora discontinuing the palest shades of foundations and concealers. I just found out they're not going to carry rms uncoverup in 000 anymore. most foundations are too dark for me and then you find one that works and its discontinued. grateful i can buy this elsewhere. but why truncate another brands shade range?

RE: Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

Or they say "partnerships", like we all know that means sponsors.

RE: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

Oh another peeve: how so many PR or guru people refer to a new product as "I'M SHOOK!!!" No, you're not. It's just another highlighter or contour shade or eyeshadow palette. Save shook for when you win the Powerball, I won't begrudge you for that! Is shook the new fleek? I can't wait for it to be over.

Re: RE: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

I'll sit here with you. That phrase is like nails on a chalkboard for me. 

this...Girl-hair-problems-comics

When your Play! box has been sitting at the post office down the street from your house since MONDAY and it traveled to another city 20 miles away instead of coming to your house so now you won't be receiving it til NEXT Monday *pulls hair*

Screen Shot 2017-09-21 at 6.15.20 PM.png

when workers at any store ignore you... plain & simple ig...

when workers at any store ignore you... plain & simple ignore.. or they follow u around like common criminal. customer service.. anyone heard of it??

For anyone getting the Huda Beauty desert dusk palette, the shade cosmo really is a loose glitter,my parcel came early this morning ad I was holding it up side down to look at it while still in bed and managed to decorate myself and my bed with most of cosmo.I did manage to put a good bit back in the pan but such a mess first thing in the morning.

When you walk into a makeup store and the sales associate...

When you walk into a makeup store and the sales associate follows you THE ENTIRE time pointing out what you're looking at by telling you what it is and how wonderful it is....I mean, "thank you, I didn't know I was holding an eyeliner/cushion foundation/blush/mascara.............OMG.I.HAD.NOOOO.IDEA what any of these are and what they do!! How silly of me! Silly American!!" This happened to me at every single makeup store in Seoul last weekend. 😝😝😝 Needless to say, I did not buy a single thing that shopping trip 🤷🙅🤦

Re: When you walk into a makeup store and the sales associate...

It's actually a part of shopping culture there to be assisted throughout your shopping experience.  It's their job to be with you throughout your shop and to educate you on every thing you show interest in.  They don't mean it to be annoying.  You are meant to be the single most important person to them when you enter their shop.  @angelKiss24

@heartsmyface, yes...my friends told me about this and I...

@heartsmyface, yes...my friends told me about this and I thought I was prepared for it............butttttttt I really wasn't!! lol. I wasn't prepared for that level of attentiveness at all and was weirded out by the whole thing, so much so that I started to feel scared to pick up an item because I knew the poor girl was going to start a whole speech about it! And honestly, I didn't want to hear what the company wanted her to tell me...I wanted time to form my own opinion on the product and I couldn't do that with her trying to tell me how great it is because of this or that. I know I'll have to get used to it sooner or later...or give up on makeup shopping here..........which we all know will not happen 🙃😊😄

Eyeliner gooping in the inner corner of your eyes

Eyeliner gooping in the inner corner of your eyes

RE: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

My beauty pet peeve is bad eyebrows. They can make or break your whole look so apply with precision

Re: RE: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The thing with this statement is that people have different tastes and ideas as to what would constitute as 'bad' eyebrows.  There's no perfect eyebrow nor is there only one way to do them.  

I also feel it's not fair to be judgemental of people's makeup skills.  Makeup is a learned skill and we all need to start somewhere.  If that means having less than perfect eyebrows while you're figuring it out then so be it.    @young519

Sometimes I wish that Sephora didn't have its stores organized by brand.  If I'm looking for a new product (say, a concealer or a particular shade of lipstick), it'd be far easier if I could go to one corner of the store and try a whole assortment of concealers or lipsticks, rather than walk around to all the different brand displays.  I presume they pulled this business model from department stores, which are organized by brand since there are brand reps working the counter, but I don't see any reason why Sephora needs to do it this way.

RE: Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

I totally agree with you!! What a great concept!

They'll sometimes have displays sorted by product but it's rare to find this in any store. @IciclePop

12,421 Replies
testing