Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Is it just me or does the wheel look like the umbrella co...

@moxiepancakes   😄 😄 😄

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

2 peeves when I popped by Sephora on my way to grab lunch (Canadian here! Happy Thanksgiving to my American friends!):

1) Clueless associates. I saw on an email (probably sent to Canadians only) that select Black Friday deals were in store already. Went to check, did not see FAB cream in the Under $20 deals display at the front, nor was there a spot on FAB display for the 12 oz size cream, only the 6 oz size. Asked associate, she said "I don't think we'll have special sizes for Black Friday. Well we're probably sold out if you didn't see the cream" Ummm no. Why would a Black Friday promo item be sold out before Black Friday? And isn't the Philosophy Purity bottle a special size anyway?!

2) This has been mentioned MANY times here but someone was applying the new Fenty lip paint tester DIRECTLY TO THEIR LIP. I was looking around for the tester and found a girl at the mirror lining her lips with who know what, then later saw her using the tester. Mouth open, everything. Absolutely disgusting. I swatched on my hand and was so grossed out just thinking about all the other people that will use the tester after her. What if she has a cold? Mouth herpes? MONO? My thoughts on the Fenty: the formula doesn't dry down, and KVD Outlaw is a fairly close match that dries down. Colour-wise, two of the NARS power matte match the colour - Starwoman and another red (Don't Stop?) are almost identical.

Oh yuck. I really don’t understand why someone would do this. 

GROSS. There was actually a case for something like this...

GROSS. There was actually a case for something like this in CA (I think). Not sure what actually happened. I'm always hesitatant to try the testers. The SA are always like "we can make you samples" but I'd rather take a random foil then something that could have been contaminated. It is actually kind of disappointing.

Oh man, I really hope the FAB cream will be in store! (And I totally didn't get that email, else I would've checked today. I'm also in Canada.) That's probably the only Black Friday deal I'm picking up. Also considering the Bite Multistick set, but it's very likely that I already own those shades. 

@concreteroads The Bite Multiticks are Papaya and Cashew. If you search for any of the sets' names, you can find the item which are online already but say "Coming Soon"

I'm going to try to order the FAB online first, if the online route fails I'll pop back in the store tomorrow when they open. I see that there's stock for the cream...they better not pull the "maybe we're sold out" again.

I noticed that they said select Black Friday deals were in-store today in their email advertising the online-only deals. 🙂

... Welp. You just pushed me over the ledge into deciding to buy the set-- just looking at the pic, I thought it was Mochi + Almond, which were both promo code perks from last year, and thus both of which I own. But I've been hardcore eyeing both Papaya and Cashew, so now I'm excited! I'm going to try to grab it online as well, for the perks, but I'll probably also call my nearest store tomorrow to hunt these down. 

Omg just no - like why would anyone ever put a tester that hundreds of people may have touched directly on their mouth bleh. 

Thanks for your thoughts in the Lippie though! 

OMG gross!

Rainbowbarf.gif

Right?! @veronika23 I'm ok with people using bullet lipsticks (still gross, but lesss so) as I can sanitize with alcohol or cut off the tip... but... once a liquid lipstick is contaminated there's no helping it 😞

@k617  yeah. I wish they did like MAC. Cut off the wands so they have to ask for help and get a disposable wand... it's beyond disgusting! See this is why it's not a perk to get free makeovers with Rouge. I would NEVER get a makeover at Sephora. YUCK!

@veronika23 They really should do that. Anything with a wand (mascara, gloss, liquid lipstick, eye primers) is at risk!

I don't know why they don't @k617. I bet it's because they want people to just browse and try the products on freely... SMDH

@k617 I'm so glad you mentioned that it doesn't dry down. I thought it would dry down, so maybe now I don't need it after all...

@lachaton to be fair, I only had the swatch on my hand for maybe 5 minutes, but I applied the KVD after the Fenty and it was already dry... so! It *may* dry down throughout the day, but when I touched the swatch with my finger it still transferred quite a bit!

Even so, that would be a looong time for a dry down. I know that the non-dry liquid lipsticks seem to be the new direction we're heading in, and I don't hate it, but I don't particularly need 5 red non-dry down lipsticks 😉 

Red is an especially tough colour, if it doesn't dry down! It just smear and stain. I think I'd rather wear a cream lipstick in that case! @lachaton

You can't use the word f_art on here WTF?? But I've seen people with names that have actual curse words in them

Image result for side eye meme

RE: Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

Yah, user names with racist threats are okay, but don’t dare talk about flatulence lol 🙂

Yeah seriously....

FPowers.jpg

*It originally didn't even let me upload this because it was named after the first 2 words of this meme.... SMDH

HAHAH hilarious!!! F@rt!

12,424 Replies
testing