Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

When you’re feeling super cute while out  and take a photo only to notice finishing powder has fused itself into your collar AGAIN.  Not a makeup wipe to be found either. 

2C40A5F6-FAA0-4212-BE45-31BAB0E712D9.jpeg

So is my life. 

@heartsmyface All. The. Time.

Baby wipes are great in a pinch though! I always have a pack in my car for all kinds of messes and spills.

@heartsmyface beeeeen there! or my latest fail - does makeup, realizes my outfit included a turtleneck because its painfully cold 😩 the makeup was too good, so i did opt to be cold LOL

@cianni  Oh my gosh I learned a trick to put turtlenecks on and not get makeup on it during the dressing process! Put a tea towel around the neck area so you have a protective layer.  Not much to do about the friction throughout the day  against anything brought down the neck though🙃

I wouldn't have noticed in your picture but I know it happens to me all winter, too. I'm looking forward to warm weather again. @heartsmyface 

@curlychiquita  Yeah the bundling things against the face really ruins the look of everything - the makeup and the winter gear.  

The number of times I've held off on white jackets... @heartsmyface You are not alone!

@missjeanie @Titian06  yep the only solution is to zip er right up and make the situation worse.  

Oh white is both beautiful and hard to wear.  I look better in cream but it is also an EVERYTHING magnet.  There are rules to wearing creams and whites.  No makeup.  No eating.  No doing things in general.  No leaning on things.  No hugs from anyone under ten… 😆
Huge bottles of industrial peroxide help but it’s a hassle.  

@missjeanie @heartsmyface - I have a cream colored summer jacket that everytime my chin or cheek touches the collar, I'm like, "Aaahhhh!!!  Powder????  Foundation????  No, whew, good!"  🤣

@Titian06  Yeah definitely not wise to bring the makeup down the neck with white but it looks dooo much better… we just can’t win.  Ugh, it’s reassuring this isn’t something I alone stress over. 

You're still super cute, @heartsmyface ! 😘

Totally one of the worst things about coat season @heartsmyface ! 

@heartsmyface This happens to me all of the time...

One of my biggest pet peeves is putting mascara on my bottom lashes and it starts to smudge!! 

@sarasafi5571   I have been having success using caliray Mini Come Hell or High Water Volumizing & Lengthening Tubing Mascara 0.18 oz/ 5.5 mL  on my lower lashes.  No smudge. 

Huge pet peeve,  ugh smudges of mascara 😭😭😭 I agree @sarasafi5571 

BBW having a virtual line for rewards members to purchase 3-wick candles on sale.

ETA: and I learned the hard way that they only hold your spot for 10 min.

ETA: and, no BOPIS available!

My pet peeve is when your concealer is supposed to be full coverage but instead just makes tiny tiny little dots on your pores and does not look blended and does not cover up your undereye.

@natjoyhutch Maybe the formula. I had to swith the style of foundation I used partly because of this problem. There were days I had to remove everything and start over. Sometimes not using primer or a different moisturizer helped but switching formulas on the foundation itself worked. 

@natjoyhutch ahh i feel this one! if blend out a concealer and i can still see my dark circles....whyyyyy

Ok so I absolutely love to wear black liner on my waterline for like parties or just going out but my biggest pet peeve is it all wipes off my waterline and goes into the corner of my eye and looks messed up no matter if it’s normal or waterproof!

12,421 Replies
testing