Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

Ok, I rarely vent here, but just that one last inbox notification...I cannot wear a lipstick shade named "deceased".  The name grosses me out, and I almost never use that word (as well).  I get all of the cute, dark analogies though I outgrew them at 16.  But at a certain point things aren't cute any more.  They're just in bad taste (looking at you JS).

Lipstick is pretty; it isn't supposed to make you feel like a corpse.  Ick.

Haha I'm the opposite. I'd prefer creepy dark names than sexual names...*Nars*

I dunno, I take it as a play on the phrase, "I die," uttered by so many fashion mavens when they encounter something amazing. JS is quite cheeky and caters to those who are on the fringe or at least pretend to be when they go out clubbing 🙂

Honestly, I find a lot of other more mainstream brands using far more questionable naming tactics and yet they get a pass. I'm looking at you Too Faced "Lady Balls" and Kat Von D "Underage Red." Didnt stop me from buying these gorgeous colors, and I admit I get a kick out of telling people the name of my lipstick 😉

So, for what it's worth, as long as you don't wear the sticker with the product's name on your person, no one will know, so buy what you think looks pretty on you; a rose by any other name and all that 😄

i feel like he tries way too hard to be "edgy." he reminds me of myself when i was an angsty teenager, and his videos make me crazy because he sounds super trashy and uses excessive profanity for no real reason. and the name definitely grosses me out! the only time i'd want to wear a lipstick named deceased is on halloween.

I guess I missed this one- which brand has a lipstick named "deceased?"

In case anyone else was curious, I looked it up. Too edgy for me!

IMG_6645.JPG

@txcatx Thanks for posting the photo!

So disappointed.  I thought deceased would be more greige.

@heartsmyface I agree!  But I still wouldn't buy it.  Makes my skin crawl.  But the shade does look awfully rosy for the name.

The lipsticks have some serious longevity but I don't like how dry they are so its a non issue for me.

i'm still not over Abused, which I bought cause it was blue back when my hair was powder blue.  I just peeled the sticker off and live in denial. @Meganlisa

@JayAitchGee - Why, Jeffree Star, of course... 😉 

Ah, thank you! I am pretty unfamiliar with the Jeffree Star brand, so that one was completely under my radar. 

My package has been in pre-shipment for 13 days!! That's ridiculous!!

When it takes a long time to ship I get antsy.  

So they forgot my Derek Lamb Rouge gift with purchase that I applied to my Pat McGrath order. You know the one that sells for $30?? And they're offering me 200 points even though they have the gift in stock WTF?????? I'm so super pissed right now. They say they can't ship it out to me because I'd have to make a purchase - I DID!!!!!

That's frustrating. Maybe a mod can help? Calling the rouge line seems to be pretty spotty lately in regards to customer service and getting consistent information across the reps.

I'm on hold waiting to talk to a supervisior - don't know what all that will do. I was told it was OOS and then the next sentence CS said was to place another order and try to get it. It's a one time use code people!!! I'm just so over it - when Ulta messes up I'm given a gift card. I have a massive amount of points and I think 200 points for something that sells on the website for $30 is a slap in the face.

Edit - now they're saying that they are going to ship me out another one and I should hear something by Sunday. I straight up asked CS as well when she said to place another order would she if she were in my place spend more money with the company if she were in my shoes and she said "no absolutely not." What a mess.

@niki172 - I am so sorry that happened to you!  I had that exact same thing happen last year - I received the skin inc serum samples, and they had completely leaked out and soaked the box - completely useless.  The people on the phone couldn't ship them out without a purchase, but, of course, it was a one time use code, so I was just "out of luck."  So frustrating!  I hope everything works out for you.  🙂

@Milou07 - thank you. I'm not holding my breath, but this isn't the first time it has happened. If I wasn't looking so forward to it I would have just taken the points (also if they had been more sympathetic). I remember that Skin Inc promo - I'm sorry that happened to you. It's just been a crazy hectic last couple of days. When you get your hopes up for a promo it sucks when they leave it out/lost in packing etc.

Glad to hear it sounds like someone was able to (hopefully) resolve this for you.  Sometimes it takes few tries to get someone who actually understands the problem and can help.

Woooooosaaaaa!

I was loading my cart w ABH shadows and then at 11:59pm my internet goes down! Omg I was a mad woman for 36 minutes. It finally came back up and the one main shadow I wanted, Henna, is oos.  At least it's just the one.

Makeup can really make someone go a little cray cray!  😄 😄 😄 

12,421 Replies
testing