Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

Yea, I know what you mean....I wish all scents came in a rollerball size...I'd rather spend 25-35 instead of 100 anytime lol. Especially those Aqua di Parma....those are expensive!

I almost only buy rollerballs or travel sprays, for that reason. A few years ago, I wore no fragrance then started getting in to them but quickly realized it's an expensive product to collect. One thing that I know bugs a lot of people but is helpful for the fragrance collector like myself are the sample vials. If I use one of those up, I know it's something worth buying, or I'll just try to get my hands on more vials.

It's weird, but I feel like a lot of perfumes smell/fade differently when they are dabbed or rolled on versus sprayed on, so I end up spending the extra to get the size above roller ball that actually sprays. I'm probably crazy for thinking that, but this way I have at least limited myself to having less than 5 perfumes at any one time because I don't want to invest that much $ at a given time.

ew1.jpg

Mold 😞 I got the deluxe sample of the Herbivore Moon Fruit back with the skingoals promo. I really didn't like the product anyways. I used it for a while, its sat in my cupboard for a week or two since I used it last. Opened it up today to use it...and saw this. Gross. Ew. 

That stinks.  I had noticed a lot of reviews on sephora saying their sample from the skingoals promo had mold so I've been checking mine regularly and no mold yet so I guess I got lucky.  That being said, I did like the product so I ordered the full size from the herbivore website on cyber monday.  I got the new blood orange/lavender scent which I think is quite a bit better smelling than the original ylang ylang.  I'll just have to remember to keep an eye on it.

Omg!  😷  That's quite horrifying!  

probiotics for your face? 😅  Too soon? 

When I saw the thumbnail to this, i was wondering what it was!! That is so gross 😧 they should do something

Yikes! I got this as well and was liking it, but accidentally left it open overnight. Guess it's a good thing I didn't get too attached!

Eeeeew this is gross! I know the product is made with natural ingredients and all...but they really need to revisit the formulation to make it shelf stable!

Oh no! I ordered this during the sale and haven't used it yet. I'm going to check this when I get home. Thanks for posting this.

This is terrible! Definitely contact Herbivore. Even if they can't really do anything specific for you, they should know their products are defective. 

That's just awful 😞

Ew. If a deluxe sample developed mold so quickly, I'm afraid of what a full size would look like. Considering how much it is, this is unacceptable. Hope they take all these customer reports seriously and revisit their formula. 

Yuck 😞

Sorry you had this happen. Thanks for posting though. Don't think I'll want to try this product now!

Water (aloe juice) + sugar (sugar maple extract) +  no preservative (none listed in ingredients) = mold

Honestly, I'd report to the FDA so they can track it for a potential recall.

@Samtian Holy crap! I just put this on my face last night (deluxe sample like you) and after it was on, I went to read the reviews. So many people had this happen to their sample! Mine looked fine but I was still fairly terrified with it on my face, but I took a chance and just left it on. 

I guess mine was ok because I hadn't used it yet. But a ton of reviews are just like your experience. They used it once or twice, went back a week or two later and found fuzzy green mold. Blech! So sorry this happened to you. I'm chucking mine in the bin. 

@Samtian Gahh! That's disgusting! My deluxe sample didn't have any mold so I bought the full size... :S

@prti maybe if you keep it in the fridge?

Continuation of previous rant.....Nine days after placing my Black Friday order I receive an email from the company that my order is STILL processing and "the team is working around the clock to ensure your order gets to you as soon as possible."  

What have you been doing this entire time?!  This order was placed within a couple hours of the sale going live, W-intheactual-H.  First and last time I order from ABH directly. This is insane.

sorry to hear that 😞 i read that some orders were delayed due to missing stock (eg: Caramel, which "sold out" within 20 min)... but there's no official notice of that so so who knows. What I read is that those orders will ship after the restock (around 12/10? I didn't follow social media on the restock). I know this doesn't help the delay frustration, but hopefully it means your order won't be cancelled (if that's a concern)! @ElleElleG

If so this just confirms that ABH was unprepared for a sale of this magnitude.  They should've evaluated their inventory, been realistic about what they could produce, and then determined the type of sale(s) they would offer.  When I placed my order I was only able to purchase items that were still listed as "in stock" so there's no reason why I, or anyone else who placed an order before they started pre-orders should be waiting THIS long without some concrete explanation about what is happening.  

Thank you, @whitepolkydots for the info.

Le sigh. I love ABH but this is SERIOUSLY turning me off from the brand.

12,456 Replies
testing