Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

Water (aloe juice) + sugar (sugar maple extract) +  no preservative (none listed in ingredients) = mold

Honestly, I'd report to the FDA so they can track it for a potential recall.

@Samtian Holy crap! I just put this on my face last night (deluxe sample like you) and after it was on, I went to read the reviews. So many people had this happen to their sample! Mine looked fine but I was still fairly terrified with it on my face, but I took a chance and just left it on. 

I guess mine was ok because I hadn't used it yet. But a ton of reviews are just like your experience. They used it once or twice, went back a week or two later and found fuzzy green mold. Blech! So sorry this happened to you. I'm chucking mine in the bin. 

@Samtian Gahh! That's disgusting! My deluxe sample didn't have any mold so I bought the full size... :S

@prti maybe if you keep it in the fridge?

Continuation of previous rant.....Nine days after placing my Black Friday order I receive an email from the company that my order is STILL processing and "the team is working around the clock to ensure your order gets to you as soon as possible."  

What have you been doing this entire time?!  This order was placed within a couple hours of the sale going live, W-intheactual-H.  First and last time I order from ABH directly. This is insane.

sorry to hear that 😞 i read that some orders were delayed due to missing stock (eg: Caramel, which "sold out" within 20 min)... but there's no official notice of that so so who knows. What I read is that those orders will ship after the restock (around 12/10? I didn't follow social media on the restock). I know this doesn't help the delay frustration, but hopefully it means your order won't be cancelled (if that's a concern)! @ElleElleG

If so this just confirms that ABH was unprepared for a sale of this magnitude.  They should've evaluated their inventory, been realistic about what they could produce, and then determined the type of sale(s) they would offer.  When I placed my order I was only able to purchase items that were still listed as "in stock" so there's no reason why I, or anyone else who placed an order before they started pre-orders should be waiting THIS long without some concrete explanation about what is happening.  

Thank you, @whitepolkydots for the info.

Le sigh. I love ABH but this is SERIOUSLY turning me off from the brand.

Oh goodness! I was so close to ordering from ABH and I live in Canada and was told fellow Canadians paid duties which sucks. Sounds like the ABH site isn't the greatest at all. Sorry they're being like turtles with your order!! =( I hope they send your goodies out soon!!!!

Thanks @jesscheems.  You definitely dodged a huge pain in the butt by not ordering.  I've had to stop myself from looking at their social media because there are countless posts of other customers who've experienced similar frustrations from past orders.  

And the fact it took them THIS long to say anything -__-

Thinking you applied a promo code to an order when it turns out you didn't:( 

Oh no that sucks! Can you call customer service and ask them to add the promo still?

I am so peeved about the cover fx drops I purchased last year. Right when cover fx came out with the custom cover shades, I jumped and bought one in the shade g60. I used it barely 5x, and I went back to use it again today only to realize why I had stopped reaching for it in the first place... The product just sits on the sides, it doesn't even dispense properly - it literally is a waste of $$ because the product sits on the cap area and on to the dispenser. I don't know how to explain it properly :|..

Probably the worst purchase of 2015 was this. I wish I never bought it.

I was interested in these drops too. It's a great idea. I know other companies have similar products, I'm just picky lol. But after reading reviews, people had similar complaints as you and said the product would "dry up"

That's too bad that the packaging sucks so bad on it!!!

@kromance,@pixiedust2@Asche,

I wish that I had heard this before I ordered bag #2. This is bad news. 😞

@tsavorite I ordered that bag too, it's on the way. While I'm not sure, I'm hoping those drops are more liquidy and easier to get out. The problem with the foundation drops is the Pigment is very concentrated, which adds to it drying out quickly. The Enhancer Drops have different ingredients so here's hoping it is easier to work with. 

@pixiedust2,

Thank you for your reply!  I thought that you all had been commenting about the Enhancer Drops, not the Foundation Drops.  I hope the Enhancer Drops will be easier to work with, too.  It's good to know that info about the Foundation Drops!

@tsavorite I steer away from cover fx drops of any kind now because of the experience with the custom cover foundation drops. The worst for real. Let us know how the enhancer drops are - hopefully they are better than the foundation drops!

Same here. The packaging is so terrible that I gave up even trying. It would spill everywhere in the beginning. Then just like you said, it dried up and sticks to the sides of the bottle. In an attempt to try and rescue it, I squeezed some of my SPF into the bottle to try and thin it out and rescue it. It's what I was using to mix it with anyway. It helped but it's still a pain to try and use it. 

A tube that I can shake and/or squeeze would be a much better solution. Also I'm so clumsy I'm always terrified of dropping that glass bottle. I won't ever purchase these again. 

@pixiedust2 @Asche

Amen sister! The packaging is TERRIBLE. Every time i see the bottle now on my counter i get so annoyed. I tried to squeeze the drops into my spf too and all i got were bubbles lol. Whatt the! It really is just a mess. I wish i could take it back to sephora for a in-store credit or something or just have it in me to chuck it in the trash. ... Horrible. Money down the drain thats for sure. 

@kromance I understand completely. I jumped on the Cover FX drops bandwagon pretty quickly (seemed like the perfect was to fix foundations that are either too dark or too sheer). The colour I got was a perfect match...but the packaging is so awful. They also completely change the product I mix them with (I think they claim not to, but that isn't my experience). Foundations that once looked incredible made my skin look dry and powdery, and the little hairs on my face were suddenly very noticeable whenever I used the FX drops. I only used them for a few days before chucking the bottle in the drawer. Occasionally I give them another shot, but I instantly regret it. I wish I'd never bought them. 

12,421 Replies
testing