Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags (1)

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

I'm also dealing with your issue #3. Currently am not using ANY products on my face at all. Smiley Sad This too shall pass (but the sooner the better)!

BAD EYELINER! especially winged eyeliner when it's just a line and not filled in or anything.

I personally love hollow eyeliner!  My hooded eyes won't allow me to do it easily, but I find it quite beautiful. 

A single swipe of eyeliner can be quite beautiful as well.  

There are many ways to apply eyeliner besides the thick filled in wing.

If we're talking about a failed attempt at eyeliner, try to be patient with people whilst they acquire their makeup skillsSmiley Happy. We all start somewhere and, depending on your eye shape, it's not always easy to see that your eyeliner doesn't touch your lashline until your eyes are more closed.  

My current #1 peeve:  ME. I cannot believe I have spent the last two or who knows years using these primers with silicones and causing my breakouts.  Here I thought I had adult acne and it couldn't be helped.  

Peeve #2.  Primers that have 'cones in them.  For fun, I went through the entire makeup section in a bigger Target and checked ingredients on every one they had there.  Every primer had this evil ingredient.   Some had no ingredients on the bottle, and I didn't even try.  

I plan to buy the Becca, but I'd like other options. On the other hand, my face is clearing up finally and no more breakouts seem to be appearing.  Who knows how far back I set myself in my life long quest for absolute clearness on my face.  Is it too much to ask?

I'm like you! Every once in a while I'll use a silicone primer just to be reminded that it clogs my pores and somehow makes my makeup slip off faster. I like the Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer a lot. I buy the big tube during the sale and it'll last me the year (or close to it).

Prompted by organizing deluxe samples this rainy afternoon, I'm peeved when no instructions or a clear name to indicate product use are present. I've been looking directions up online for twenty minutes!

I know how you feel, I have tons of foil samples and I think I don't use them cause they don't always have directions on them. 

Like everyone else I'm sure, I really resent sites that don't offer free ship on a minimum purchase.. or just plain old free shipping (yes, this is a very first world peeve). 

Anthropologie is currently having a 20% off of sale items promo. I picked out a reasonably priced dress, but ended up spending approx the full price when faced with their $8.95 shipping fee. I typically resist following through with orders that include shipping, but then impulse control.

Can anyone tell me why a website like Anthropologie's doesn't offer free shipping when their brand is so popular and their merchandise is (relatively) expensive? 

Me, too! I wanted to get one of the festival blankets from Bath & Body Works. My store didn't have it. Online you could either use a code to get the blanket for $20 with a $30 purchase OR get 20% off your total purchase + free shipping over $50 (I think). So there was no way I could get the blanket for a decent price (regular price was $49.95, which, nope) and not have to pay for shipping. So forget it, I can buy a soft blanket at Kohl's Smiley Wink

I wore wayyyyy more makeup last year (foundation, concealer, brows, the whole shebang) but when you wear a dark lip (NYX soft matte lip cream in copenhagen) guys just HAVE to comment it looks scary, or asks me why I wear so much makeup -_-

On the other hand, I got tons of complements and definitely am less self conscious about wearing darker colors.

Ha, some guys still think we only wear makeup to please them, huh? I haven't attempted super dark lipstick yet, but I'm currently obsessed with dark nails!

when you head out wearing flip flops in a rush and only realize later that your feet are grossly dry and your dark nail polish is noticeably chipped everywhere

Me all the time! I'm not allowed to wear open toed shoes at my work so my feet get ignored for the most part. But when I go out outside of that I suffer for ignoring them haha

I'm considering going to the mall this weekend, to go to Sephora.  The thing is, I HATE the Sephora here.  The SiJCP is great, but the one in the mall has overbearing SAs who won't leave you alone.  I get that they're trained to do that, but I really just want to shop in peace.  The people at SiJCP are much more laid back, and yet helpful when you need them.  Unfortunately, that store doesn't have what I'm looking for.

Put on your headphones.  Heck, just really listen to music and shop. ;')

I've been breaking out like crazy so I tried using spot fix and I'm afraid I overdid it Smiley Sad It wasn't as noticeable mid-week but my skin is so angry that I dried it out so much and it's super itchy >.< I hate how it's so hard to find a middle ground with skin care (and so easy to go over the line!)

I hate this, too.  I always try to find my 'sweet spot'  with Retin-A and all is great and then wham! one day I get raw or too dry.   I gave up.

Try Marula oil. 

My Beauty dot com order shows out for delivery, but not to the correct city. I rechecked my actual order and I did enter my information correctly.

Edit, I did receive my package via Laser Ship which I never heard of.

When you came across an ad on Kij for someone selling her samples and stating its "worth over $140". Not is not. If you want to sell them, sure but don't put a value on it since you likely got it for free as samples are usually 'not for sale'. 

That's pretty scummy, IMO. If you get samples for free, you can maybe sell them for the cost of shipping plus an extra dollar or two. Honestly, I find sample packets really annoying so just want someone to take them off my hands- no payment required!

11,007 Replies