Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags (1)

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

You're not alone! I love when it's clean because I know it's brand new Smiley Very Happy

When you sit at your computer for 10 whole minutes refreshing the Sephora Bazaar thread and the Rewards Boutique, only to realize after all that time that today is Wednesday, not Thursday!

I sat on my computer and refreshed for all of Tuesday and nothing new came up except for that 750 point Sephora bag/t shirt kit.... which sold out in a few minutes.

I really dislike heavily fragranced facial products.  Like cleansers and lotions.  I get it if one of the active ingredients has a scent to it, but with so many sensitive skin issues out there, why add fragrance to those things?  I just don't get it.

One time, when I was having some severe allergy issues and couldn't locate the source right off, I bought a "Sensitive Skin", "Fragrance Free" body wash.  Drugstore brand, I don't even remember which one.  The first time I used it, I had the thought, you know this smells really good for something that doesn't have fragrance.  Checked the ingredients and towards the bottom, fragrance was totally listed.  This stuff actually, literally said "Fragrance Free" on the front in big letters.  It was so disappointing.

Skincare should definitely be fragrance free or a mild scent at the latest. It might not smell good, but the smell isn't going to be helping your skin. The active ingredients will!

I personally don't have issues with items containing fragrance, but my sister does. And when she gets a reaction from it, it's bad. Like boiled lobster red and puffiness Smiley Sad

Thank-you Sephora for sending me an email suggesting 4 different products I may like, 3 of which have been out of stock for weeks/months... "Snap it up before it's gone"

Sephora Email.png

My recommended for me is just products from my Loves List.... 

I delayed placing my order to see what today's rewards were first, and, of course, the item I needed to buy sold out. Thanks, Sephora! Smiley Sad

Why are thecproducts I want never in stock at the same time as the promos/rewards I like are in stock?

Update: so I decided to give Ulta a try for something similar, and when I tried to check out, NONE of the GWPs in my cart were actually available. I feel so bait-and-switched.

Well this is a first for me. Sephora sent me a completely wrong item. Ordered a tatcha set during the sale, only for my order to arrive today with a completely different item! Called customer service, and now they don't have anymore and the set is off the site, so they can't send me one. So refund instead, and I still have to return the wrong item. Kinda miffed as I was really looking forward to that set! But nothing to do about it now.

Ulta just sent me the wrong item and said they can't reship it.  They refunded the points I paid with and didn't mention at all about sending back the wrong item.  

Pet peeve: when there's a "value" set that's worth $21, and priced at $20... like why even bother at that point? 

Or when they claim the value is higher than it really is, like around $30 when the value is really like $20 which is EXACTLY the price it's being sold for 

My peeve is what I overhead at my SiJCP today.  One associate was telling (training?) another that she isn't to give out the Rouge discount or the free tote to anyone unless the customer specifically asks for each one.  I'm not sure if this is a new policy or just one for my store, but it really rubbed me the wrong way since I used to live near 3 Sephora stores, and the associates would always apply the discount or give out the freebies automatically once they scan your Rouge card.  So once I checked out, just like she was told to, she told me my total with no discount until I showed her the email about the sale and the bag.  It just seemed kind of stingy to me since I'm used to a great experience in store.

Well that makes sense now! On Friday when the sale began I took a friend in there with me so she could get 20% off also like it says on the brochure, but when we went to the register the SA didn't give us a bag and I didn't even think to ask her for one...she didn't seem to happy tbh! Well yesterday I went in again for something that was sold out online, and went to checkout and was given a bag without even asking!! So it makes sense why me and a friend weren't automatically given a bag because i didn't ask! Just seems silly considering if nobody asks, they won't give out bags leaving them with a plethora of bags after the sale!! 

Of course ebates goes back down to 4% right before the VIB Rouge sale tomorrow. Of course.

maybe it will magically go back up at midnight I can only hope

There let me re-track this thread Smiley Tongue

I used Born This Way Foundation sample and I love it so much that I really want to buy it but then I get dishearten by my inventory of 5+ brand new high end foundations that I have not yet try.

Damn those samples!!!

I'm having this issue with the Kat Von D Lock it Concealer.  I got a peel-off sample, and it is amazing. 

... but I have three more full sized concealers to get through first.  Ugh!

I placed an order with Glamglow the other day for their sweet Halloween deal based on an ad I received in my inbox. I get a cancellation due to it being out of stock just now. What's above the cancellation email? Another ad for the promotional gift set. Not cool Glamglow. Stop advertising and spamming me with emails for items you do not have.

Booo! This is like an email sephora sent me reminding me I should stock up on my NUDE cleanser....but it was sold out 

11,007 Replies