Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags (1)

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The spirit of Christmas lives on.. 

I was eating brunch with the hubby and my phone bzzzzzzz

letting me know Alchemist was now in stock!

I got it, and my 3 samples.. AND my deluxe.. AND AND my ebates!!

Yay Universe!

when you really need to order shampoo, but all the sephora promo codes are terrrribbble.

I think Ulta is doing some promos on jumbo shampoo and conditioners, plus point multipliers. And a gwp bag for purchases over $60.

When you don't have money for two of the things you have been wanting and waiting for. I wasn't prepared! I thought they would come at the end of the year :'( Lucky Bag and Lush BOGO I'll get you next year!

aw i've been in this position before Smiley Sad there is always next year! always something else to want in the mean time 

Macy's cancelled my order for my Mac 'All I Want' lipstick. My friend on the other hand got a shipping notice. She ordered 2 hours after me😭

Oh no! Hate when that happens. Hope you will find a replacement!

Having a great eye look that disappears (due to oily lids) after using products that always work...and then it didn't disappear evenly. The right eye wasn't that noticeable, but that left eye made me question my capabilities. 

Hmm maybe just a little more product was on the right eye than the left? I'm sure you were just having an off day Smiley Happy 

Mystery Bags. Finally got my Ulta mystery bag the other day and it reminded me how much I hate them. I always get the duds. Evey. Single. Time. It gets pretty infuriating after a while, especially after seeing pictures of what other people received. I should just stop getting those types of promos. Smiley Sad

@lmi82 Oh no, I'm sorry you got a bad bag:/

Mine is when people have all this high end makeup and 1) they're using old and crusty  brushes that have never been washed and/or 2) they just throw everything in a dirty makeup bag (including unprotected brushes) to just rattle around o_O

That sounds more like a human pet peeve instead of a beauty pet peeve 😉

When a seller claims their product is authentic but it is definitely not! Hello, pencil is spelled wrong on the actual product itself...when it is a lip pencil Smiley Sad

Also people stealing photos of your items to use as stock photos for their probably counterfeit items...

@flyte I had someone steal my photo on eBay for a listing one time and that bit.... person had guts to accuse me that I had stolen her photos. I had to respond to the ridiculous message with evidences that the photos were in fact mine, that she had stolen them and that I would be more than happy to report her on eBay. She ended up revising her listing, but man... things that people can do so shamelessly! tsk tsk. 

Hope you didn't buy the counterfeit pencil. Just out of curiosity, how was it spelled??

Ultimate pet peeve... using a makeup remover and then going about the rest of my evening until I catch my reflection in the mirror and see my skin all dry and flaking off... why makeup remover why....

Time to use a different makeup remover...Smiley Tongue

Thinking you applied a promo code to an order when it turns out you didn'tSmiley Sad 

Oh no that sucks! Can you call customer service and ask them to add the promo still?

Not a new peeve around here, but..

"Hi, I'm completely and utterly new to the BT community but I want someone to give me their promo code and then I'll never contribute here again"

*sigh*

Tho, to be fair.. i much rather see those people get codes than they go unused at all..

(I am not calling anyone out - just a common thing that happens around these type of event)

I always all warm and fuzzy inside when BTers generously volunteer to give away their coupon codes rather than see people come out of the woodwork asking to be given codes even though they will probably not contribute to the boards until another code deal comes along. 

But, as you said, better to have codes actually be used than have that money stay in the corporate coffers Smiley Wink

11,007 Replies