Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

Hey now @ElleElleG it's a look! @Tamara76 I bet you'd look lovely in all-glitter. 

😂😂😂 you two! @Tamara76 @RGbrown

That mess went everywhere! Thank goodness I always do my eyeshadow before my face 😡😡 Annnnnnnd the location where I dipped my brush created a huge hole.... I've had this palette for ~6 years and was no where near pan now there is a gaping hole. If I remember I'll add a photo later. 

@ElleElleG

I'm with @Tamara76 on this one. I don't see the problem? Glitter on your face AND the counter means two things got sparkly with only one outlay of energy. Sounds like a win-win to me 😜

@ElleElleG Clearly you are putting more effort into that relationship. It might be time or the talk.

darkiceis wrote:

@ElleElleG Clearly you are putting more effort into that relationship. It might be time or the talk.

@darkiceis you're right!   I've given myself until the end of the year to use up what I like, depot anything worth hanging on to, and chucking whatever is left. YDK just might get left behind before then! 

RE: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

Everyone has their own favorite I get that but I cannot deal with Ulta anymore. The customer service sucks it's not just a one time thing either it happens each time I go there. Last time I went with my mom and sister as they were shopping I was talking to an employee asking her about a full coverage foundation for oily skin I also told her that I couldn't afford anything too expensive at the time and she only showed me two foundations that were $40 I repeated a couple more times that I couldn't afford that and she literally said nothing. Thanks to my mom I found a great foundation by Clinique.

Re: RE: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

Aw that really sucks. It's all about management and what they decide is acceptable behavior unfortunately. I actually feel this way about a lot a makeup stores 😞

I'm really annoyed that Estee Lauder has hiked up Double...

I'm really annoyed that Estee Lauder has hiked up Double Wear's price $4 in the last year. The last time I bought it was April of this year for 39.50, and this was after they already hiked the price up by 1.50 😠. I use it for it's staying power ( I usually sheer out the coverage a bit) since I live in a very hot environment. I'm going to check out the new Bare Minerals long wear foundation, and hope it can be a good replacement. I doubt it though. It's just rubbing me wrong on how they raised the price so much in such a short time. They released a new lighter weight version of double wear this month that I was interested in at first, but their color selection is awful, and it has chemical sunscreen in it, which I am allergic to. When they released this foundation is when the sudden price hike happened. Both are priced $42 now.

Re: I'm really annoyed that Estee Lauder has hiked up Double...

I noticed that today @candyrivera!  They released the new version of the Double Wear recently which is also that price.  A bit frustrating but I'm not too surprised considering comparable foundations are of the same price.

I knew I never should have even opened that sample of Sisley moisturizer. Now I have fallen in love with a $200+ lotion. I just need to keep telling myself #itsnotworthit #itsnotworthit.

Yes!!!!! The samples that end up being absolutely incredi...

Yes!!!!! The samples that end up being absolutely incredible, but ridiculously expensive!!!! I have a lengthy list of products that range from $130 shampoo to $200 moisturizer that I lust after. It's such a struggle when they work so much better than anything else. 😭

I did that with the Omorovicza Thermal Cleanser... my justification is that it's cheaper in the UK. 😄

@heartsmyface  just remember that if you do ever get it, it's cheaper in the UK and even a better deal around the holidays with their holiday sets. You can also get cashback.  Sorry I'm no help 😄

Lol, I've promised myself that if I can get through the ridiculous number of cleansers I already own I can splurge on a luxe one.  Gotta earn that one! @veronika23. Chances are I will give in on the many many options before me before then. 

I did this with Clinique Smart serum.  It's in my loves list though it's above my personal price cap for skincare items. The only way it's getting purchased is if I'm online shopping while tipsy one night.  @snoflakefaerie

Gah I hate when I do this!!  Perhaps they'll release some kind of holiday set that makes a purchase more worth it?

Ha, I'm not even going to let myself go down that road! It would surely be a disaster, but a luxurious disaster.

Yeeesss, I hate that! I typically avoid expensive samples because I'm scared I'll like them too much lol.

I did order the SR UFO oil point perk, and have it sitting in my cabinet...but am still scared to try it because I don't want to have to buy it 🤣

Ha, I have multiple SR samples of various products that I'm avoiding trying because I'm totally afraid I will fall in love with the entire line! I can't afford that!

First, my biggest Pet Peeve is this new site!!!!!  

Yea, I know...broken record.....But, it is the TRUTH!!!!  Coming here now is how Helen Keller must have felt in her lifetime.  

Second, Insomnia!!!

I am here now trying to make sense of this new BT!  What else am I supposed to do at 5:23 AM! (yea, I woke up at 11:30 PM)?

Third, I am sleepy & hungry!!!

Can't sleep and I don't 'snack' in the middle of the night. I have  resisted a devilish nibble for 6 hours!  woooo!!!

imsoniac1.jpg    need these.....Now!!!

@wheeeee - I'm sorry, but that Helen Keller reference isn't cool man. I empathize with your frustration about the site (i.e 8 million separate threads on missing samples clogging up the feed), but this is a first world problem. By no means is it like trying to live life in the 19th century blind and deaf with basically zero help for what you are going thru.

12,429 Replies
testing