Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

Update: It wasn't my perfume!

So I have a terrible sense of smell. So when I was getting a strong whiff of vinegar that I hadn't smelled earlier, I could only assume it was me. And if it was me, it must have been the new perfume. However, my coworker today said he'd been smelling vinegar all week coming from one of the trash cans in the conference room. So it was actually that. <.<

@Kay522 This is hilarious and hopefully a huge relief! I hope it hasn't tainted you for that perfume! 

Another post brought this to mind. High end companies using trash packaging, especially when it's a digression from previous offerings. Convincing the public that your dollar tree looking eyeshadow compact is worth $80...... obviously it's merely a personal preference but I like it when the container holding my blush or what have you is a work of art itself. Yes, it's more cost prohibitive to manufacture them that way, but isn't that kind of the point when it comes to luxury cosmetics? I prefer the item to look fun as well as be fun. Innovative, heavily weighted, sparkly, idk....soooomething. 

I have two pet peeves. When someone doesn't wash their makeup brushes and uses it on another person. One of my friends was doing my makeup for fun and she hasn't washed her brushes in a while. I happen to bring my recently washed brushes so that was a fix. Another pet peeve is why is chapstick so easy to lose. I feel like I'm buying a new one every month because I lose the other. Then when I get home I find the other one. 

RE: Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

Extending on to this one- when someone comes to your house and is given permission to use your makeup brushes and they put the dirty ones back with the clean ones. Noooooooo! You're my friend and I let you use my brushes but that's because I can WASH them. And you wouldn't put your dirty dishes back in the cupboards with your clean dishes would you?

Re: RE: Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

@mrsbaine I think I may need to establish that rule for that very reason.  I don't think it's a lack of respect on their part- Just ignorance. 

Re: RE: Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

I have a no touch policy in my makeup room because people don't understand makeup, or brushes, or anything in there. Treat it like a museum: look, but don't touch. 

@memaloney44 I've seen some absolutely disgusting makeup brushes and I just don't understand. I was watching a YT video & the person pumped foundation on the back of her hand, applied it to her face with a brush, licked her hand, and pumped out more foundation to continue doing her makeup. I put nothing past anybody. 

@heartsmyface My guess is that she was trying to clean/re-moisten the spot on her hand where the first pump of foundation was. She licked it, quickly rubbed it with a tissue, and pumped out more foundation. And I really like this person! But it was gross to me 🤢

@JayJayyy Ummmm...I need context.  Why would someone be licking their hand? 

Non beauty related, but this is my peeve. I can't find wh...

Non beauty related, but this is my peeve. I can't find what I'm looking for in the feed anymore because everyone has to post their own thread about "OMG Colourpop is coming to Sephora!" Yes I get you're excited, but get onto the original post by Katie and talk there. All these threads that talk about the same thing over and over again like missing samples is driving me insane!!!!

Re: Non beauty related, but this is my peeve. I can't find wh...

There are a lot of appropriate "please stop" gifs. I am going with Jim in this moment because he represents how over it all I am.

Image result for please stop gif

Spoiler
Also including Lady Gaga because she is represent my need to tell people to cut it out.
Image result for please stop gif

Just came to vent.

ARRGHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ok, I'm done.

Joining in too!

NeverEnding story.... ahaha ahaha ahahaNeverEnding story.... ahaha ahaha ahaha

I shall join you in the venting. LOL

giphy (1).gif

I can't even find the threads that were popular/most active from before the switch that I participated in the most. I usually have to search for the title to find them! They're always buried within the million "WHATS THE BEST FOUNDATION FOR OILY SKIN" threads. Like everyone else has mentioned. I'm losing my mind lol

Yeah... the new format isn't fun to sift through. 

@mella900 WHATS THE BEST PALLET FOR ME IM 13?! 🤣🙄

@niki172 

Image result for simon cowell gif

Me the last few weeks because I can't find anything either...

Spoiler
848735.gif1492677538-gordon-ramsay.gifgordon.giflCf4lPa.gifsimoncowell2.gifsimoncowell1.gif
https://media.tenor.com/images/e63e149d5f04549a95c713cb9c9d7883/tenor.gif

Completely agree! I have pretty much disappeared since the new upgrade. School has taken up a lot of my time, but I'm extremely frustrated with the new format. I can't find the old and fun threads I enjoy, and the endless amount of spam is hard to navigate through.

Can anyone provide tips on subscribing to threads so I won't lose them? I get the weekly digest, but I want to be notified whenever there's a new reply to the thread like old times. Unless that's not possible??

12,350 Replies
testing