Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags (1)

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

True. Ugh good luck with the call!

What is the deal with that company?!

How disappointing. Smiley Sad

Oh @angel7594  if I only knew... I only shop there because of the 20$ off 100$ coupons. Smiley Very Happy

Newly discovered pet peeve from reading this thread: the lifespan of sample mascaras, even when unopened

They're free with everything! What a waste

IMG_1239.JPG 

I immediately checked my stash of mascara samples too after seeing your post! Luckily, I only have one expired (I soooo wanted to try it but I guess I'm lucky it's just one dead)

The thing is, there are certain brands that I want to try and can't give them all to friends! Oh well, I should probably open 2-3 mascaras at a time and start using them more lol. 

Whaaaat... what is the lifespan of unopened sample mascara?

I avoid sample mascaras like the plague because i KNOW this is going to happen to me. mascara is one thing I do not like to play around with/change up. If I get a sample mascara or a mascara that I don't normally use, it's never being used so it's gonna go to waste Smiley Sad

I want to try all the makeup in the world so I'm all over free gifts and perks >_<

I haven't hit this problem, but am expecting to, due to my massive collection. I store them in a large cosmetic bag, but need to find a better way to rotate them. I haven't looked for dates on the tubes; I wonder if we're being sent older mascaras in the promos?

Thats probably the case. It is also vey likely the mascara kit someone had a problem with earlier was composed of older, leftover product. Thats how many kits which seem like a great deal are put together 

What about using Visine to wake them up?

I don't want to risk an eye infection or something by using old product. Also, that would alter the formula. With mascaras, once they're dry, they're done. 😞  

Omg that's tragic Smiley Sad Now I wonder if all of mine are dead too...

Better check soon Smiley Sad

I did take an unopened Dior Show deluxe sample out of my pile to a wedding this summer and when I went to use it it WAS all dryed up. I thought it was just a fluke. Oh boy I'm scared to look now

Thats how I found out about my dried up lashstash set..I was in a rush to a wedding and threw one of the mascaras in my clutch to apply on my way at some point only to find out it was dried up. Thankfully I had another deluxe sample from a clinique gwp that I was able to use. 

I could actually cry 😭

I am so sorry to see this mascara grave yard 😢..I know how you feel. I guess the lesson is to open as soon as you get them to see if they are ok. 

Open even if you don't need them yet... 😔

Seems like thats the only way to know if they are dried up from the get go.. so if you used points or promo code then you can let cs know atleast. 

Oh man that sucks!! It's sad throwing out unused make up that's no longer useable!

11,315 Replies