Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

Oh, my peach wearing undies? Thanks! 🙂

@suzyo This! I'm also hoping the live chat function will take care of some of the noise too. 

llama face.gif

Every aspect of Kuzco's reaction is accurate rn 😂 @veronika23

I scrolled down the main page, clicked page 2 and they were all the same threads as page 1. that's how fast new conversations are being created.

@suzyo  yup. I posted an update in a brand thread went back to the main feed and my thread was now the last one on page 2. INSANE!

RE: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

When companies show swatches of a product on a skin tones no darker than medium. I get that swatches aren't everything and won't necessarily show how a product is going to wear, but it would be nice to see if it'll even show up on my skin. Don't even get me started when it comes to lipstick...

Yeah; we represent many colors! Global brands shouldn't launch a foundation in 12 shades or less (looking at you, Tarte). Go full spectrum at the outset.

Glitter in highlighters.. ABH I'm looking at you lol. 😂

A pet peeve from today: when I wake up and one eye is inexplicably much more hooded than the other one. Does anyone know what causes it? Dehydration, sleeping on one side of the bed, etc.? Really drives me nuts...

I have this same issue actually. I've never asked a doctor or anything but I assume it's my allergies. My eye aren't symmetrical to begin with and when my allergies are more severe it's more obvious. 

Huh interesting! My allergies were totally flaring up today, that would make sense! Thank you! 

This could just be me not getting the current "look" (or having been completely oblivious in the past), but I notice more and more people who look as if they took the eraser end of a no. 2 pencil, dipped it in liquid glitter, stamped it at the inner corner of each eye, and thought . . . perfect. Perfectly defined edges of highlighter. Guess I'm used to it being softer? (And I will always feel some pain watching YouTube personalities layer a full face of opaque concealer on top of a layer of foundation. I think it's less about the look than imagining the skin feel . . . and the fact I am picky about redundancy and I feel rage. Pure rage.)

Re: RE: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

I like glitter and shininess so I can't judge, but the heavy layering of products....that can't feel good or wear well.  I can only hope it's all for the camera and that they wear a more comfortable amount in everyday situations. @kathmb

It's almost that time of the year. The time of the year where I barely get to see the sun and I have to do my makeup using lamps. Besides bad eyeshadow blending jobs and not being able to see the fallout on my cheeks, the biggest mistake I've ever made was using a blue mascara as a last resort because I ran out of my normal black/brown tubes. It looked dark enough to pass as black at home, so I wore it out. In fact, I kept wearing it for a month before a friend of mine pointed out how bright blue my lashes were. It looked fine when I wore blue eyeshadow and it would probably look good if I created a look with the mascara as the focus, but as an everyday mascara, not so much. 

So, I guess my pet peeves are winter and poorly lit rooms. I need my sunlight... or maybe just a better lamp.

Hate when companies are shady about animal cruelty *cough too faced cough* I am strictly cruelty free and it really gets me that brands would do that to living creatures. It's harder to find them at seohora *comma* I use a lot of wet n wild bc I know they are cruelty free

Also, when I want to buy something expensive on Sephora,...

Also, when I want to buy something expensive on Sephora, but there aren't any deluxe​ samples I want to try or they're giving deluxe samples I want to try, but nothing I want to buy. LMAO
Anonymous Insider

RE: Also, when I want to buy something expensive on Sephora,...

Definitely! I usually hold off on my order until there's a good gift with purchase unless it's limited edition and I am concerned it will sell out ASAP.

RE: Also, when I want to buy something expensive on Sephora,...

That happens to me all of the time! Lol

Seeing a picture of your ideal bronzer, lipstick or shado...

Seeing a picture of your ideal bronzer, lipstick or shadow shade on the gallery without a reference to the product used from Sephora. AAAHHHH!!!!! Makes me go through so much trouble to try to find it later!!!

"I got this X wonderful products from influenster".  Okay! Great i'm happy for you ... but wait why are you posting here???? Sigh!!! I'm old and cranky 😉

12,429 Replies
testing