Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags (1)

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

@AscheOMG!  "Oh, I already have that one" is my go-to line, too!  Smiley Happy

Lol, I use this line too.  A lot of the time it's actually trueSmiley Happy 

I would contact the store manager and maybe even district manager. I would ask if there was a Dior rep there on the day you were there and if so, state that they need to be upfront about it and your story. Sorry, but you asked for help for a colormatch and he didn't do it. If that isn't a Dior rep then is that who they want representing them? Also tell them that they took the tester and applied it straight to your face and didn't sanitize it. That is a big no no. Sorry, but this was a horrible brand rep or SA and it needs to be known. Next time you feel like you need to buy something just tell them no or take it and then give it to the person at the register and say you need to think about it and don't buy it. I know it is easier said than done for some but these people don't pay your bills so they can buzz right off if they are pushy.

I wish Sephora had a system for knowing who wants assistance and who wants left on their own, you know? Because for every 100 people that walk in, 50 are going to want questions answered... and 50 are going to be like "just let me swatch in peace, please (I'm in the latter group...)." Like in restaurants where you flip the sign when you want the waitstaff to come to your table, lol. "Hey, I'm ready for help!" "Noooope, still just browsing." Pushy salespeople almost always have me ready to leave... and, yeah, I'll just buy whatever to get them to leave me alone so I can go. Smiley Sad

I've had similar things happen to me before with sales people. Don't beat yourself up about it; just return the Dior concealer and move on. He likely caught you off guard as we don't expect to have to defend how we look or what we're interested in when we're shopping.

I'd ignore what he said about your nose too. This is all relative to me to some degree; I mean, it's normal to me to have some color variation on people's faces--if they don't, then they are either covered with makeup or are uncommonly blessed. It's tacky of him to have used such a rude comment in a clumsy attempt to convince you to buy his product.

He should also have openly identified himself as being a Dior rep. I agree with you that these reps should be easily identifiable by both brand and individual's name.

Ok so I wanna know if other people are having this problem.

I'll be on a thread, I'll heart and comment on some posts, leave and come back much later to see the new comments and the previously hearted comments are no longer hearted.  WTH? This has been happening more and more. I know I hearted those comments... why does it magically remove itself? Very frustrating. I want the old heart system back!

687474703a2f2f696d67312e77696b69612e6e6f636f6f6b69652e6e65742f5f5f636232303132303130353130313233382f7265636573732f696d616765732f302f30352f544a5f4465747765696c65725f57686f6d70732e676966.gif

recess!!!!

Where'd the wolf go @veronika23?? Smiley Wink

@gonerogue  he decided to go back to the wild Smiley Very Happy Smiley Wink

@veronika23 Your wolf and my cat avatar ran far away together. Smiley Very Happy

@angel7594hahahahaha Smiley Very Happy

33580432.jpg

@veronika23 Awww, so they are not bff's?? Smiley Very Happy

9d55e6dcb1361742dab9b0139259bcb6.jpg

@angel7594awwww ok BFF Smiley Very Happy

V is keeping us on our toes & has introduced us to Rebel Ariel 00.JPG

Thinking of changing mine to a Disney character too! Smiley Happy

I too, dislike the hearting system. Smiley Sad The old one with the check mark made things so much easier. I don't get why they changed it. BT has not been user friendly at all with the glitches. Grrrr,  lol!

I am sure this has been discussed but I have missed it but how do you heart now? I cannot figure it out. Thanks.

@lysbainch  when you hover close to the the heart by the name of the person a red box should appear like the one below. You just click on it. Sometimes it takes a few seconds and you should see the heart count go up. (like the 2nd pic below)

Screen Shot 2017-03-04 at 7.41.09 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-03-04 at 7.43.38 PM.png

Okay so it didn't change. On my ipad the little red box does not pop up anymore since the site updated. I just noticed it pops up just fine on my phone.  Thanks @veronika23

@lysbainch  well it hasn't changed for me but I'm on a desktop. Maybe someone with an ipad has seen this problem?

Yes! Yes! Yes!  I want the old way of hearting back, too... 😥

11,007 Replies