Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

Is anyone else still not receiving notifications when people tag them? I thought it was fixed, but I just realized I am still only receiving them intermittently.

@PrettyPaint

Yeah, notifications have been down for several hours again today. It makes it so hard to keep up with what's going on! 👎

Thanks @RGbrown. Yeah, I didn’t get a notification that you replied, so they are definitely still down. It does make it really tough to keep up.

@PrettyPaint

They seem to back (for now), or at least they were for a bit...I got notification of your reply. So yay...I guess...though I'm sure they'll go out again. What a mess this place is 😕

RE: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

When you're trying to watch a beauty gru and its all just crazy drama

Current peeve: When you cut off a product you thought was breaking you out but you still keep breaking out but you already got rid of said product so now you have to repurchase. I'M SORRY Sunday Riley Good Genes! I was a fool! Now I have to wait for the sale to justify buying another bottle 😞

OMG I've done that so many times!!

OMG I've done that so many times!!

That is the worst!

That is the worst!

RE: Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

That's so upsetting! I have a make up bag that I always put stuff I'm considering getting rid of in and give it a few months to make sure I really don't want it lol

Re: RE: Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

I do the SAME THING. Every few months I have to go back through my "get rid of or keep" stash because it starts to get crazy. 

LE items that are up on Sephora US and not Sephora Canada.I am going crazy stalking Natasha Denona and Guerlain.

Is anyone else peeved by the sudden influx of brand posts by the brands themselves?  They aren't offering any information, just touting their product.

@prettyinpa  I am super peeved!  I really liked having brands in BT when they were HELPFUL!  (yes that needed an all caps, bold and underline lol). I tagged a brand yesterday because I was legit interested in buying their product and wanted to know more... never got a reply. All it is now is spam city. I've deleted my comment because their post is gone so what's the point. Why spam the threads? Brands have a real opportunity to reach out to consumers and help them. If the consumer is happy with the product that could result in more sales through word of mouth. Personally I don't listen to gurus or advertising. I know what I like and prefer to form my own opinions. If anyone will push me to buy something it's someone I know and trust. Their experience with a product/brand could sway me to purchasing it. I also sometimes look how brands act. Just from the Surratt chat I was sooo impressed by Troy that I have a few items I am definitely going to purchase real soon. He was awesome to chat with and very engaging. It really felt like he cared about what people posted and that really impressed me... now we won't talk about the worst chat ever where barely any questions were answered lol.  All that to say that the continuous spamming of BIC is turning me off. I DO NOT want to buy from those brands. So if those brands see this message please stop spamming the boards and actually help people with genuine questions.

@prettyinpa Mark those posts as spam and they go away immediately. I just did it in the favorites thread.😀

Agree. It’s especially annoying that some brand have been resurrecting years old posts. 

Why do I feel like this is going to turn into YouTube where the only thing people do is push their codes, etc?? 

I'm less inclined to purchase from brands who do that. I want my "community" friends to test things out and I want to hear their HONEST critique. 

Most definitely peeved, @prettyinpa. I don't like spam, even if it comes from the brands themselves. 😞

Yup. But it just reinforces, to me at least, how Sephora views the Community...it's just another marketing tool to boost sales 😐

@RGbrown oh of course!!  I haven't been very vocal about it because I've tried to hang on to my optimism during the transition but the whole "community" aspect is laughable. 

It’s definitely money driven...

BBBD415D-F314-4679-B5F4-8156995CD0BF.jpeg

@prettyinpa Yes! It’s very annoying, and I imagine it’s going to get worse since the holidays are coming. 

12,350 Replies
testing