Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags (1)

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

So annoying! And don't get me started on the stroller brigades! 

@Insomniacmuffin Excellent! I hate this as well. Like where am I supposed to go?? Sometimes I like to just stop, if there's no one behind me. They usually part like the Red Sea and I go on my merry way Smiley Very Happy Or start sneezing and hacking like crazy. Bet they move then!

School kids always do this! I hate when they block the entire sidewalk! It's awful. Then they give the side-eye if a person doesn't move over for them. As if. lol

That is the worst! @Insomniacmuffin

I work in a huge office building (lt's like 1/4 mile long) that is designed with an atrium running the length of the building, so on upper floors there are narrow walkways overlooking the atrium.  People always walk in clusters of 2-3 taking up the width of the walkway and they are inevitably talking shop and completely oblivious to everyone trying to pass them.  Often a loud, but polite, "excuse me" is completely ignored.  It's so frustrating - especially when I have back to back meetings on opposite sides of the building.   Sigh....

Me too! I'm also a fast walker and sometimes people can be inconsiderate. 

If they're walking towards me, I would just stop walking until they make way for me---NEVER make way for them or keep on walking towards them while pretending to look at my phone or pretending to be in deep thoughts lol. And yes, ELBOWS OUT is a must! Works wonders with people invading my space while waiting in a line as well!

If they're in front of me, walking the same direction I'm going to, I would say excuse me in a loud and hurried voice.

Ditto to this peeve! I am also a relatively fast walker and get very frustrated when stuck behind slower people! 

download.jpg

33137707.jpg

^ that is me. I have to control my breathing so i don't start breathing dragon fire.

Hah oh man, I totally understand.  I'm a fast walker too (can't be 5'10 without resembling an ostrich) so I NEED space to move!

I used to live in London, UK for 2 years and dear lord... Tourists made me want to scream.  Most were in huge groups, SWARMS rather, of about 10 or sometimes more people.  They would get off the subway and literally just stop RIGHT OUTSIDE THE DOOR so people couldn't get off!! You literally would have to push them aside and I have had several times where people swore at me.  It was the same on the streets too, you'd be walking peacefully then BAM they all just stop right in the middle of the sidewalk and make no effort to move.  I am a nice person but if you irritate me then I will let you know.

Dhaaam girl Smiley Wink You're 5'10?! I always knew you were tall (you looked tall in photos) but I thought you were maybe 5'8" or something!

@InsomniacmuffinThis drives me crazy too! We have indoor bridges called +15's in our city that connect certain office buildings together (so you don't need to go outside in the frigid weather) and people are HORRIBLE for taking up the entireeeee walkway. I'm a fast walker, and anything slower than a brisk pace annoys me. I don't mind walking around people (and having them think I'm crazy) but if I can't pass others it drives me nuts.

Yesterday there were two young men (note: my age) walking side by side smack in the middle and there was a huge pile up behind them (including me). After I passed them, I might have called them a profane name under my breath that they might or might not have heard Smiley Very Happy

Call me rude or whatever you want, but at least when I'm forced to walk slow (like when I injured my back and was slow like a turtle) I'll walk off to the side and not block anyone. It's all about common courtesy!

Ughhh @Insomniacmuffin  that drives me absolutely crazy! Especially when I am out walking my dogs and people still do not get out of the way and literally leave us no space at all. One of my dogs is pretty rude though and she will just walk right into them if they don't move 😂🐶

You are awesome. 

The Bay!!! UGH!  I got the document holder and not the samples. I know it happened to someone else here. And  I had ordered 6 items plus the gwp... so out of a total of 7 items, 2 were cancelled so down to 5 and I got 4 different shipments!!! 4 separate shipments for 5 items. Bravo The Bay! B R A V O!

Hahahahahaha, the same thing just happened to me!  I ordered three items and they all arrived separately!  Whyyyyyyy?  The last thing I need is more cardboard to recycle.  

@veronika23 that happened to me too. I called and they couldn't send anymore gifts as they were out of stock but she added 4000 points to my rewards card ($20). It's not much, but at least it's something. 

Good luck with the call. 

OMG WHAT???? UGH!  Thanks so much for the heads up @vhm333! Smiley Happy

Hopefully they can find more in stock somehow. It was such a nice gift with the samples. The description is misleading since it only says the document holder but she agreed that the document holder was not a value of $220 by itself. 

What? I don't remember seeing that about just the document holder.

@veronika23 I'm trying to find it but it doesn't even show up on their site anymore. All the pictures showed the product but then the description said value of up to $220 and the details were only two bullet points:

- document holder

- dimensions of document holder

Still, all the promotional pictures showed the samples so I assumed they didn't list them in case they replace them with other samples if they run out. If I find it again, I'll def screen shot. 

@vhm333  it's alright. Thx! I went looking too and only found the pic and said gwp. Sorry but if you show pictures of samples and the documents holder saying it's a gwp and don't include the samples that's false advertising.

" Advertisements must not contain, or directly or by implication make, inaccurate, deceptive or otherwise misleading claims, statements, illustrations or representations."

Total fail on that ^^ one The Bay!

Yeah exactly! I mentioned that when she read the description but then she conceded that it's strange to include the pictures and the claimed value doesn't add up. Did anyone actually get the document holder with the samples? 

10,986 Replies