Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

Do you get a Bad Request error? Because that's what happens to me almost every time I click on a product. It's so incredibly annoying.

JenniferOhJenny wrote:

Do you get a Bad Request error? Because that's what happens to me almost every time I click on a product. It's so incredibly annoying.

Yes!

@Blackwhiskey What browser are you using when you go to the website via desktop?

gonerogue wrote:

@Blackwhiskey What browser are you using when you go to the website via desktop?

Google chrome

@Blackwhiskey That's odd. I find Chrome works best for me in comparison to Safari or the app. Have you tried the "clearing your cookies" trick?

I have the same issue.  I get a Bad Request message but only when I try to click on a product.  I've had to clear my browser's cookies a couple of times now.  And I'm also using Chrome.

Seriously Sephora you need to limit the amount of special LE items that an individual can buy (for example say 2 Natasha Denona Lila palettes instead of 15) this way you will nip resellers on Evilbay in the bud. Ijust went thru this with the Givenchy LE holiday lippie. I'm pretty surethe seller bought all the lippies that she had for sale (15+) off of your site as no department store that I have called (quite a few) receivedthat many in their shipments that they received. I really hope that this peeve is seen, and taken to heart. I bet that there are a LOT of ladies that would love to see this happen as well. It gives so many others the chance to buy the pretty things that they would like to have at MSRP instead of having to go thru a reseller.

RE: Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

Yes! That’s seriously annoying when people buy up all of them just to resell. The rest of us beauty addicts want some too, leave some for us!

@niki172.  They really do need to limit them!  All the Fenty holiday is at 5 instead of the usual 10.  I think 5 is a good number. 3 would be ok too... Just thinking like you buy 1 and 2 for friends or buy 1, a backup and 1 for a friend.  But Givenchy needs to push out more products too! It's always a s*** show with their releases.

Glad to know they're limiting the Fenty line @veronika23! I think 3 is a reasonable number. You are correct about companies putting out so little stock as well though. You have a super pretty case that's all glittery of course we're going to want that - it's our version of cat nip!!

@niki172   hahahahaha our version of cat nip! 😂😂😂😂

I hear ya.. I've run around to so many stores seeking out LE items 😞 It's extra frustrating when the product sells out so quickly that the SAs don't even know what you're talking about.

...but I also have a theory that Sephora and other retailers won't ever make this change because the status quo is advantageous to the business. Resellers --> larger sales, little/no product returns, and oftentimes one shipment (vs handling damaged/lost packages).

I came back to fix my post, but I'll just put it here. Th...

I came back to fix my post, but I'll just put it here. The seller has 21 to sell....

Re: I came back to fix my post, but I'll just put it here. Th...

I'm sorry...21?!?!

Image result for annoyed gif

wow...@niki172  Smiley Indifferent  

Re: I came back to fix my post, but I'll just put it here. Th...

@ZombieMetroAnt IKR?!?!?!. The whole thing is just messed up. I seriously think limits should be put on LE items. Now you walk into a store that's first come first serve (even though I don't think you should clear the rack). I know Sephora can do this. If Colourpop's website has the ability to put a limit on how many number of their LE palettes you can buy so should Sephora on LE items. Especially those that you know are going to be hot ticket items.

RE: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

When you get really excited about the samples that should be coming with your Sephora order, only to open the box and see that they gave you three different items that you have no desire to ever try or buy... Or worse, they just leave out the samples altogether. You’re losing money, Sephora!!! If I try a sample I was excited about, I usually buy it!

RE: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

Rumor is warehouse staff are taking them to sell.

Re: RE: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

@JessLess Same here! I'm the weirdo who wants the perfume samples, yet I never get them. Usually hair or foundation stuff...which I never use.

Currently annoyed by the influx of BIC threads about how...

Currently annoyed by the influx of BIC threads about how much people hate their play box or haven't received it yet. And people threatening to unsubscribe or stop shopping at Sephora completely for one reason or another. Reach out to CS and calm down. You pay $10 a month and they have to cater to a large audience, they can't accommodate your shopping/returns history, allergies, or very specific shade. Cut them some slack. Everybody just love everybody. Rant over.

Re: Currently annoyed by the influx of BIC threads about how...

@Lazybeautybeast I wish I could give this a million likes. I tend to be a problem solver. If there is something I don't like, I get rid of it. I don't tend to complain about the issue until it magically disappears. But to each their own! I think all the negativity going around is just going to discourage newcomers from staying because they will think this is a "Sephora-venting forum".

Re: Currently annoyed by the influx of BIC threads about how...

@gonerogue@Lazybeautybeast   yeah it is super frustrating to see the same thing over and over again... I hate messes and it drives me absolutely nuts to see disorganization... so to see all the repeat threads instead of stuff going into the proper threads just drives me nucking futs. 😄

12,350 Replies
testing