Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

I totaly did that last week to my sublime palette too

I totaly did that last week to my sublime palette too

Re: RE: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

I did this the first time I used my Pat McGrath palette.

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

I hate when I received used items, especially if said item is limited stock and can't be replaced. It hasn't happened to me for a while for beauty products, but this morning, I got a pair of Loeffler Randall sock boots from Shopbop that have been clearly worn--dirty, indented soles with scuffed suede throughout. I just got off CS chat and Shopbop can't replace the boots since that was the last pair and offered 15% off should I decide to keep it. The worst part is I'm considering the offer even though I personally don't feel 15% off justifies the extent of wear on the shoe; I can't find the shoes anywhere else in my size, though. I know, first world problems. 

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2017-11-03 at 4.53.57 AM.pngIMG_0292.jpgIMG_0294.jpg 

Wow, that person must have walked on hot coals when they wore those shoes AND they had the nerve to return them like that! It's crazy to see things like this happen and I'm very sorry this ruined your excitement for your shoes 😞 

RE: Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

I can't believe they sent you these shoes!!!!! Just wow. Nobody could seriously argue that these were new and the wear was just from trying them on in store. They should give you at least 50% off!

Re: RE: Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

@britvk, you must be great at foreseeing things--after emailing CS pictures, I just got an offer for exactly 50% off retail price should I decide to keep it.  I think I should just keep it? It'd cost me ~$250 after the discount which I guess is not too bad? 

When Benefit recalls Gimme Brow, but refuses to refund you for the product you purchased from their website.....

The CS rep at their 800# told me that the only way to get a refund is to return the product to a Benefit store... but there are no Benefit stores in my city.    Sooooo shady!

So I reached out on their social media and emailed them to find resolution -no email response or fb response, but their response on Insta was to call the 800# or email...

Nice...

In other news, a huge shoutout to Sephora, especially @JaneanBT for making the recall process for the Gimme Brow in my September Play Box very simple and easy!😘😘😘

Heading to Ulta tonight to return my last 2 products - their cs said I just need to bring the products and receipts into a store  - hope it goes smoothly...

UPDATE:   Return to Ulta went very smoothly and someone from Benefit called me to say they will process my refund - Not holding my breath until I see it, but there is something to be said for small victories. 🙂

That's horrible and shameful on Benefit's behalf! Glad you were able to get things sorted out though.

That's annoying. Tsk tsk Benefit, for subpar customer service. As a comparison, Sephora really does excel when trying to fix order mishaps. Good luck with Ulta, @Tamara76.

That is very annoying of benefit! and Yes kudos to sephora for making it so simple - I just sent a polite email to sephora and they took care of it!

Spam fest on top of 800 posts about "omg why doesn't the code work yet????" (Ummmm, hint...Sephora runs on Pacific time...it ain't midnight in CA yet)

Oy. 🙄

But is the code one time use only? And why isn't it working on ColourPop? And what if I want a sample bag too- can't I use both promo codes? ......... I've determined that no one reads the official threads that actually answer 99% of the questions asked. 

Now I am anxiously awaiting the influx of posts that will inevitably appear the day after the sale ends saying, "There was a sale? How do I still get my discount then?"

The "sold out" complaint drives me nuts because I remember stock fluctuating in and out during the sales every year. There were definitely a few items that were "sold out" on the first day, back in stock the second day, etc. Patience everyone!

Oh god, the posts along the lines of "this is an outrage! I'm never shopping at Sephora again!" Okay, I'll believe it when I see it 🙂

I was afraid one of the items I ordered would be OOS when I placed my order after 7 a.m. this morning. Surprisingly it wasn't. I wouldn't have thrown a fit it it was since it's a fairly popular item right now.

@MissPuff @Lazybeautybeast agree with you guys  🙂 lol

@MissPuff I got excited for a second because I thought the NARS Powermatte 100 pt reward was back in stock when I placed my order but it was gone at checkout. Oh well! Things come and go, not really something worth getting outraged over. 

@alexasteph EVERYTHING is worth getting outraged about here! Haha 😉

Now everyone is complaining that items are sold out. 😑 I...

Now everyone is complaining that items are sold out. 😑 It happens people.

Re: Now everyone is complaining that items are sold out. 😑 I...

Yeah, I placed my order just ~5 hours after the code went live, and the LE holiday UD lipstick I wanted was sold out...no biggie, I'll keep checking if it comes back during the sale and if not, I'll just order it when it does come back in stock whenever that may be!

Re: Now everyone is complaining that items are sold out. 😑 I...

@k617 I think last year they honored discounts for items that didn't come back in stock until after the sale was over. That could have been because Rouge wasn't able to shop the second weekend and items were in fact back, but since we have that second weekend they may not be as generous this year. Still something to check on and contact CS about if it comes back though! Never hurts. 

OMG yes, it's so annoying when people don't read!! Especially for this sale, when it's the same stupid code for everyone. The exclusions are also clearly listed. Though the mods should probably pin the FAQ thread at the top so it's easier to find the info.

I also thought they got rid of the Customer Support posts on the main thread?? I haven't been logging in as often so I probably missed something.

12,433 Replies
testing