Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags (1)

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

@veronika23 I figured! tsk tsk tsk. What a joke. I second @TriesToBoClassy's recommendation below-- let the world know. Smiley Wink

@k617  oh yeah... forgot about that. Smiley Sad

@NarNarNars  yeah they don't allow comments on FB... Like you can't post to their wall and their FB team is just as useless.

@veronika23 what?? That's almost laughable.

I actually tried to contact Bay CS about the document holder without samples, too! 

Spoiler
My dilemma was slightly different, as I had first contacted them about the inaccurate advertising for the GWP. I phoned and didn't get anywhere with it. She just told me to send an email. 

So I messaged The Bay on FB, explaining that phoning didn't help and I was told to email. Long story short: I eventually received an email from an actual person who works for The Bay, not just a generic CS email. She said it was a warehouse error. 

Now, I ALSO had an issue where an order arrived without one of the items I had ordered (a $13 eyeshadow). I ended up with a GC for more than that, so I just decided to give up and ignore The Bay online. It's such a mess. 

I just stick to my local store now, since I love my counter SAs there.

@lachaton  it's a real joke. How can a company function like that.  Sorry about the mess you had to deal with. Glad your gc was for more than the missing shadow!

@veronika23 Yep, the missing shadow was supposed to be a gift, but fortunately it all worked out. I just picked it up from MAC instead. 

I had really great CS with Chapters/Indigo and Amazon over the holidays, which really highlighted how much of a mess The Bay is. Just awful. 

@lachaton  Glad it did work out!  I had AMAZING CS with Chapters too!!! I bought stuff right before Christmas that went on sale on boxing day. Had no problems getting a price difference refund. Chapters does have great CS!

Bahahahahahahaha!!!!   They're really outdoing themselves!!!!   Just when you think they can't get any worse.... 😂🙄. At least they're honest.

Omg I don't know whether to laugh or cry at how ridiculous The Bay is.

-___-

I just looked at the spoiler. What a bunch of dum dums! 

@veronika23 im going to take a guess without looking at the spoiler. Could it possibly be 0.05? 

That is crazy!

Please post this on all of their social media platforms 🙄 

What on earth? That is so ridiculous. Smiley Sad @veronika23.

HAHAHA What the HECK? I have no words

Omg WHAT?!?! Wow I have no words for the bay anymore.  I'm sorry V that really womps (recess anyone haha). Ummm that's a new low they hit. I knew they were crazy but sending out .05 has got to be the most ridiculous thing I've heard. I thought the giant boxes for one sample was bad enough!!! They had shown so many nice samples and I had contemplated making a purchase myself at that time and stopped myself since I had spent tons already. In the past they have sent GWP with no problem.  Yesterday on the news I heard they expect lower sales this year. We'll no duh- especially if they aren't going to pay attention to the customers they already have. Talk about failed customer retention! Are you going to call again?

yeah no **** they will loose money... When I call a Bay store it takes forever to reach someone to talk to... Sometimes no one is at the counter and it rings somewhere else and sometimes I get the store manager... what? Twice during the last week of Dec I had to wait over 15 minutes to talk to someone. With Nordstrom I get the operator right away and transferred to the department I want super fast! Even on boxing day!!!!

So yeah with Nordies here and them having the worst cs I have ever seen it's no surprise that they project lower sales. I might call again yes.

When you try on perfumes and you hate the scent but can't seem to wash it off. Yup been happening a lot lately since I'm trying out a bunch of samples Smiley Very Happy

@veronika23 I've read that a little bit of rubbing alcohol will do the trick.

The toothpaste tip is also a good one. I used it a lot to get the formaldehyde smell off me when I took a&p. Helped with rumen fluid smell, too. 

Thanks for the tip @lmi82 Smiley Happy

Yes, this happens to me all the time Cat LOL  Got some great tips listed here, though!

@veronika23

ditto! I've finally been trying some of mine lately too. I tried Versace Eros yesterday (I know it's a mens' scent, but the notes were sooo tempting...mint, citrus and vanilla? Heck yeah!). If it isn't what my grandfather used to wear, it was a darn close dupe...bleh, not what I had hoped for at ALL from that one lol.

10,980 Replies