Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

OR when people post negative reviews due to an item being out of stock or slow shipping. In no way do either of those things effect the item’s performance.

@Danzie89@lmi82~Oh my, yes, IKR?! It's ridiculous and those things don't even pertain to the actual product itself 😄

Yes! All of those drive me nuts, too. Also, don't forget about the reviews where people just say they're excited about the product, but don't even own it! 

Yes! That too! I can appreciate both positive and negative honest product reviews, but those drive me nuts!

@k617@lmi82@Kim888~ I can't agree with this enough! Especially when it hurts the honest, helpful reviews. And that earring story is so funny but so true, see it all the time. When something I order arrives and is "not as expected" I quickly look that nonsense up on what I purchased, usually to find that I missed or misread something, ha ha. Personally, when I post reviews I try to be as detailed as possible with the criteria and how things worked for my type of skin/hair/etc. The only time I dock stars if for actual failure of things like product dispensing, packaging, ease of use, and (my fave category) whether the item in question lived up to the company's specific boasts and claims.

Agree - it's not helpful at all in knowing whether the product is actually good. 

That's a pet peeve of mine, too! The worst part is that they drown out all of the good/helpful reviews.

I am terrible at visualizing sizes, so I also draw out the item measurements and sometimes hold them up to myself, too. I've had friends and family members laugh at me about this method, but at least I know what I'm getting! 😄 

Out of nowehere my eyelashes and/or eyelash curler have gone rogue. 

Whenever I curl my eyelashes, it results in making a couple of my eyelash hairs pointing directly down! And no matter what I do I cannot curl them as it seems like my eyelash curler cannot catch them. It's the strangest thing and it's driving me WILD! 

Try gently heating your curler with your blow dryer! It's the only way my stick straight lashes will hold. Shu Uemura also has that S shaped curler that allows you to target your curl more precisely but I've personally never tried it so can't speak to its efficacy.

@m26430 I have one eyelash on my left eye that is now stick straight and pointing down. The rest of my lashes are all curly and slightly upturned. It’s quite dramatic when I curl that side to make it go up with the rest of my lashes. Then when I wash my mascara off, back down it goes! I might just pull it out! It may be time to change the pads in your eyelash curler @m26430

I rely heavily on my mascara and the heat from my fingers to do the curling.  I just hold my lashes in the curled position with my fingers until my mascara has dried.  It works better than any curler in my opinion.   @m26430

RE: Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

I used to have this exact problem. I switched to the eyelash curler by Sephora Collection x Utowa and now I never have that problem. Only suffered for 15 years, but who’s counting... lol 🙂

Did someone call my name?  Just teasing! 😉

Have you tried using a different eyelash curler or getting closer to the eyelashes to make sure you catch the small lashes?

Could it be the cushion on your curler? @m26430 That is so unusual!

Thanks for the suggestion! That's what I thought too so I replaced the cushion with a new one. Same issue 😞  For reference, I use the Shiseido curler and it's always worked so well. IDK what is going on as of late. 

That is odd indeed @m26430! I wonder if you have a few lashes that are getitng twisted a bit in the curler, so that when you're done curling, they're actually pointing downwards....

I use the same curler, mine's lasted me 5+ years!

@m26430 The Shu Eumura eyelash curler is amazing if you think you’re up for a switch. 

When someone’s only posts ever on the board are spamming with a YouTube channel! 😡😡😡

Is it bad that I always mark them as spam? Because to me, that is spam. If I wanted to look up a review on a certain product, I would just go to youtube and do it that way. I can't say I like coming on here and seeing everyone spamming their channels/ig's to get followers.

There are many things I find inappropriate here in BIC that I mark as spam...so I don't think that's bad or unreasonable @gonerogue. Mostly I mark "surveys" for a class if they're posted in every single group so the entire first page is flooded. 

Sigh. 

Nope, not bad at all!  I could see that as I was marking some as spam, someone else must have been doing the same because they were disappearing.  Good! @gonerogue

12,471 Replies
testing