Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

@fieldsofclover haha, glad someone could benefit from my mess! 🙂 

Ughhh did it go kinda slow motion as well?? I honestly feel like times slows down just a tiny bit as a makeup mishap (dropping a bottle of foundation on the hard ground for instance) occurs as I watch and say  "Nooooooooooo." That may just be me though. Last time I did this was with skincare - retinol all over the floor of my bathroom. 

@niki172 It was one of those things where I KNEW the instant I went to grab it, that the container was upside down and there was just no way to stop it...

Oh I hate that - watching a mess being made with no way to stop it. I'm sorry @MissPuff I hope everything was salvageable.

Metaphor for my entire life right now. 

@Susubee It's a pretty accurate portrayal of my past month as well 🙂 

omg nooooo

*Darth Vader voice*

*Darth Vader voice*

@Kim888 That's the sound I made as I watched them spill out everywhere...nooooooooooooooooooooo

Anonymous Insider

That's the sound I made too when I read your post @MissPuff!  Nooooooooooooo.

So, so sorry.  😞

RE: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

Product reformulation without any indication on the packaging. Bonus points for the new formula being awful when the original was a holy grail.
Anonymous Insider

Re: RE: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

Agree @Gamergirl24.  It completely sucks when that happens!  Arrrggghhh!

I do a ton of online shopping; probably 90% of my shopping is done online, and 90% of those purchases come to me via UPS. I have always loved them; I know my driver and leave him treats from time to time, I always enjoy chatting if I happen to catch him, and if I don't catch him, he knows where to leave my boxes (which is not by the front door!). I know the holidays are here, and as happens every year, in early November they started running later and later. No biggie, I understand that, and I've never cared what time they show up as long as I get my stuff.

But I have never ever seen such a disruption of service during past holidays as I am seeing right now; it has gone to complete and utter he11 the last two weeks. Packages get into the state just fine, but then sit at the main hub for three days before moving again. And then, when they finally make it to my city (just an hour and half away), they go out for delivery 2 or 3 times before they actually make their way to me. I've got 2 packages that have been local since the 7th and were marked "out for delivery" on Friday but never were (ok, it snowed here so I guess I'll give them a pass, but the mail still ran so I'm kinda ambivalent about it...). Monday same deal but add another package, and again today plus another. Supposedly now I'll have 6 boxes tomorrow, but I'm wondering just how badly they back up before finally deciding my neighborhood is worthy of a visit... 

I know it's not my driver's fault; the last time I saw him, he was telling me just how overloaded they've been, and of course I won't be taking it out on him, but I found the local office number and they will be getting a very frustrated call tomorrow. I don't know wth is going on, but when your company can't even perform the one job people pay you to do, something is horribly wrong 😞

I hate that I bought a mini flat iron a couple months ago...

I hate that I bought a mini flat iron a couple months ago and it keeps showing up on my "time to restock" list. Sephora, you gotta tighten up your algorithms, babe! haha

Re: I hate that I bought a mini flat iron a couple months ago...

I dont even go through face cream as fast as they prompt restocking.

What really drives me nuts is when I get the "Time to Restock" email on an item I returned because I didn't like it for one reason or another.

RE: I hate that I bought a mini flat iron a couple months ago...

Yes! Like, I don’t need to restock on the massive bottle of perfume I bought only two weeks ago! Remind me in a year.

Haha that is a definite fail right there @fieldsofclover!

This isn't necessarily a pet peeve, but more of a funny little annoyance. I'm getting kind of sick of the multiple holiday promotional gift guide emails I receive. I just checked my email and it looks like my DOCTOR'S OFFICE even joined in the madness, lol! 

If anyone is curious, here's what the recommend:

For the health and fitness nut…

• Juicer or juice cleanse
It’s not for everyone, but juicing can be a fun way to experiment
with getting different nutrients from fresh fruits and vegetables.

• Bluetooth headphones
If you love somebody, set them free (from cords). Without the
restrictions of headphone wires, this gift might just help them take
their workouts to the next level.

• Athletic socks
We know. Socks? Isn’t that on par with underwear as one of the
worst gifts ever? Actually, no. Working out – especially running –
requires some extra support in the footwear area. A nice pair of
athletic socks can go a long way in someone’s fitness journey!

Gift icon For the person who says "new year, new me"...

• Exercise class passes
Gift them a month’s worth of classes at their favorite yoga studio
or a multi-class subscription so they can try out new classes they
didn’t know they loved!

• Journal
Help them reach their new goals with somewhere nice to track
their progress. Fresh pages for a fresh start!

• Vegetable Spiralizer
If their New Year’s resolutions involve getting healthy and eating
right, a spiralizer could be their new best friend. Zucchini noodles,
anyone?

Gift icon For the person who has everything

• Something customized
This works especially well for travel accessories – like a monogrammed carry-on bag or shaving bag that won’t get easily lost in the shuffle.

• Garden starter kit
By gifting a veggie garden, you’ll be giving them free (healthy)
food for cooking, a new hobby and a sense of pride in growing
their own food.

• Tickets to something
This one’s foolproof because even if they already have everything,
you can be sure they haven’t seen an upcoming show, concert or
movie.

Oh, well. I just thought it was funny in a WTF/head-scratching way. Their marketing team did make a few good suggestions, though! 

ETA: Somehow missed the juice cleanse thing. That totally isn't good. Ugh, they should have just stuck to their regular appointment reminders and left the gift-giving suggestions to retail companies/brands. 

the commercials selling "23 and me" a dna kit for christm...

the commercials selling "23 and me" a dna kit for christmas KILL ME LOL. everytime i see and hear ab it for a gift idea im like ok christmas has FOR REAL become too commercial..."gee thanks mom! now i can find out if my dad is really my dad" like wtf LOLOL

Re: the commercials selling "23 and me" a dna kit for christm...

Lol everyone I see that commercial I’m like I wanna do that - but agree it’s a weird gift! I know it’s not a weird gift but speaking of annoying commercials I can’t stand that merci chocolate one with the thank you song - drives me nuts 

12,471 Replies
testing