Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

It is super cute. 

@Samtian Several of us received this fragrance as part of a gratis package a few months ago and it seemed to smell quite different on all of us, and changed over time quite a bit. For me, I didn't get as strong a coffee scent, definitely more of a spice, leather, smoke back, at first, that then mellowed into a fairly sweet chocolate note over time. Definitely unique, maybe it will work out!

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Insiders/Omg-%EF%B8%8F-New-releases-from-KVD-Josie-Maran-Atelier-Co...

@MissPuff I hate leather and smoke too lol. Hopefully it will, if not my Mom will probably like it.

@Samtian Awww, okay then, no dice, this most certainly is not the scent for you 🙂 I almost went for this reward too, I thought the name of the fragrance was "Endless Love" and only saw that it was Cafe Tuberosa after a tiny voice in my head went, don't you HAVE a red label Atelier cologne, and I clicked through for the details. Sneaky sephora, sneaky...

Though, I recall that you can actually return rewards, right? Maybe that's the way to go! 

@MissPuff I've seen some people return theirs. I posted in CS threads and the mod who messaged me said no. 😒

@MissPuff I hope so. It's the Endless Love part that got me, I thought it was a new fragrance. 

When your order arrives 2 days early and you're so impressed that it takes you half a day to realize you only got 2 out of 3 samples and 1 out of 2 deluxe samples from a promo code. I've been pretty fortunate with samples in the past but now i see what other BIC members have been complaining about. 

I've got two. When you think you scored something you REALLY wanted after it comes back "in stock" just to have Sephora cancel the order because it was NOT actually in stock. AND because of all that you miss out on the GWP you really wanted. Just happened to me with the monthly VIB/ Rouge GWP and Quench promo. Sigh.

@Lazybeautybeast  Omg I HATE THIS!!! Ive had this happen not once, not twice, but THREE TIMES!!!! The only good thing I have to say is that despite the cancelled orders they DID send me the gift with purchase that I got with them. SO it was like getting them for free! So maybe you should complain to customer service????

I've reached out to them but I haven't heard back yet. In...

I've reached out to them but I haven't heard back yet. In the past they have been great about helping me out. Helpfully they will this time too. Having the products cancelled is still just so sad. I suppose it's all for the best. My collection is out of control anyway.

@Lazybeautybeast

Yes! So many times over! 😞

Not related to beauty products or delivery issues but I just have to say it... the level of cleanliness at the stores has to be addressed! I'm tired of going into stores that have dusty displays and gross baskets/bags.

I've seen so much dust on the displays the Ulta stores I go to. At Sephoras inside a JC Penny's or at standalone stores, each time I reach for a basket to hold my products, they're covered in foundation stains, lipstick smears, and GLITTER omg the glitter. 

I swear I'm not a clean-freak lol but this kind of stuff irks me.

I second this so much 😣

I second this so much 😣

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

When the package that is supposed to be delivered today has been sitting a state away for over 24 hours now. It's 5:00. If it's still in Mass, I'm pretty sure it's not getting to NH tonight as promised. The fact that the shipping/delivery information hasn't been updated actually makes me worry UPS lost it.

About to angrily break up with the skincare brand I'm most heavily invested in, due to ongoing QA issues. Even pre-wrote my Customer Support email so I can review it in the morning and make sure it's more "helpful info" and less "breakup text message". 😒

(None of the problems are Sephora's fault, so I can see this landing on their peeves list too.)

@fieldsofclover Dare I ask who the producer is???

@mermadelove Now that I've returned them, I'll just say it was not one, but two DDG vaults. 💰

@fieldsofclover egads! Glad you got your ducats back!

When you are half done your makeup and you look out the window and realize the snow storm outside's going to make driving too dangerous. 

Plans cancelled with makeup half done, at least I'll be looking half glamorous spending the rest of the night at home!

Aw, I'm sorry you missed your night out, @k617!

It was just a dinner out with my parents and in laws, no biggie! @curlychiquita 🙂

12,459 Replies
testing