Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

RE: Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

Wait is there a non-hand wash option @gonerogue?? Like a washing machine for brushes!?!?!

Re: RE: Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

@Aaliaa LOL I’m sorry! I think I worded that wrong. By hand wash I mean the old fashioned way of running them under water and then scrubbing with soap until all of the makeup was off and then air drying for a few hours. I use the Cinema Secrets Makeup Brush Cleaner 8 oz/ 237 mLaNd it only requires a dip in the liquid and a quick cleanse on a paper towel- no air drying required!

This convo peak my interest too @Aaliaa. Here are two I found from Costco (members only price for Lilumia 2 is $119.99 US)... no idea if they are any good. Does anyone have experience with them? We need to know! 🙏

Capture.PNG

@Lazybeautybeast I’ve seen some YouTuber’s use these and it “ruined” their brushes so I never took a chance on it! Curious if anyone here has it though?

I was curious after you mentioned it ruined brushes so I watched some YouTube review...I think I'm going to pass on something like this. I don't want to risk it.

Thanks for this @Lazybeautybeast! I wish we could place them in sanitizer machines like nail salons have and they just buzz them clean!

yes, I usually hand wash them at the sink @gonerogue. I h...

yes, I usually hand wash them at the sink @gonerogue. I have some of the Cinema Secret cleaner too but I also forget to use it. I should just start doing them more often so there are fewer brushes to cleaner. lol. I'll take any recommendations at this point. Has anyone try those brush cleaner contraptions that spin the brushes in water?

Re: yes, I usually hand wash them at the sink @gonerogue. I h...

@Lazybeautybeast the cinema secrets is so good though! If you have it, I suggest you use that to wash your brushes. Super quick and easy and no drying time is involved!

It’s safe on natural hair brushes @gonerogue? I’ve used some other brush cleaners and didn’t like how my brushes felt afterward. Right now I use the beauty blender solid cleaner and like how it makes my brushes feel, but yeah, the waiting to dry part stinks

I have been doing the same thing lately @Lazybeautybeast! It feels less daunting when I wash my brushes every 2 days than when I wait until the weekend. Plus, I don't have the drying space for all those brushes. 

I have the Lilumia on my Christmas wish list! I hope it lives up to the hype! 

I'm going to add that to my wishlist too @sephoraaddict918! I saw that Costco has it and I would feel comfortable getting one from them because of their return policy. 

RE: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

MOOD. I know I need to wash my brushes, they’re just sitting there staring at me because they KNOW they need to be washed. I just have 0 patience to wash them, but I’ve told myself it has to be done tonight.

Re: RE: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

@IttyxBittyxMe I just turn on an audiobook and sit in a comfy chair. Somehow audiobooks help me get through all the tedious tasks of my life lol 😄

RE: Re: RE: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

My little arms are to short to sit in a chair. 😭 But I popped on some music and watched two episodes of an anime so I’m good now.

Re: RE: Re: RE: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

OMG @IttyxBittyxMe! You poor thing! I've been there before...its the worst!

@IttyxBittyxMe what a collection you have there! Have you considered using Cinema Secrets Makeup Brush Cleaner 8 oz/ 237 mLfor a quick, effortless way of cleaning your brushes? That's what I've been using for a while now and I no longer have to spend half an hour washing my brushes and a whole day drying them!

Well, the size of your brush collection may be part of the reason you dread it, @IttyxBittyxMe😂 I’ve never thought to prop up a fan to speed up the drying...learned something new tonight;)

RE: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

Ever since the anti vaccine post kat von d made there has been a crap storm around her and her products. She has always been my number one brand and her colors usually sparked my interest along with her packaging, its aesthetically pleasing to me. I don’t agree with anti vax but i respect her choice. What i don’t like is even if people respectfully ask her something and what her point of view on something us due to something to do with anti vax she will block you. I read that somewhere from a girl. She removed my favorite artist in her artistry collective team from her personal insta, an artist she loved soo much, i don’t know the full story but she now works for someone else, is that why she did that? I am not sure i like someone who treats you as a sister one second and the minute you disagree you are out of here. I bought her fetish palette, and these feelings i have kind of made me open my eyes a bit, not in a “you are anti vax i wont support” kind of way her palettes kind of feel boring to me. The shade that sparked my interest was the green and the mango shade. I feel i am getting over her makeup line. It feels she only accepts pictures of pale skinned people and if they dont fit her aesthetic then they wont do. Lets not forget her inclusivity of someone not normal to the human physique, like she thinks embracing it makes her this awesome person. I dont know if that bit makes sense. I embrace anyone, i see color diversity and i embrace it, but t feels she does it just to be ‘cool’ and edgy ‘goth’. Sorry guys, i still buy her makeup but these thoughts have been weighing on me. Everyone needs to be a perfect cookie cutter goth to be in her good graces.

@Blackwhiskey I have no idea what’s going on in the background with KVD, apart from what she’s said about her anti-vax stance. 

But I will say that my enthusiasm for her releases has waned significantly. I feel like there have been a lot of colour repeats in the last two years. Also, I don’t care for big, fanciful packaging that isn’t easy to use, or shadow layouts that are headache inducing. Maybe I’m just too boring and uncool for her brand 😉

her packaging looked cool but isnt practical. there's a problem when trying to open the lid if you grab it by the wrong part then you could unglue the top part of the lid. i bought one of her most recent releases which is the bloodmilk eyeshadow which i had been wanting for it to be a single, funny how that appealed to me more than her eye palette. idk. i try not to get too much into people's point of views and just let people do their own but when you start getting blocked for having an actual concern/opinion that's whatn i'm like..really? 

@BlackwhiskeyI didn't know she blocked people when they asked her something... that's not right. How are people supposed to have decent conversation about things. This is the problem today... avoiding conversations on topics people find controversial. This is why both sides of an issue just keep screaming at each other instead of talking it out and trying to see the other's point of view.

What is Kelseyanna??? I've loved her brand for a long time but lately I'm also not feeling it. I'm not sure if it's because that's basically how I feel about makeup in general lately or because of the products she comes out it. And selling a product to get feedback so the product can then be finalized is just weird. No words...

12,433 Replies
testing