Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

Here's what I got from Neostrata regarding their Brightening Eye Cream vitamin C concentration:

We are very sorry, but our company policy prohibits disclosing this type of information. Most of our research, marketing, and sales information is proprietary, as is information regarding our ingredient percentages and formulations of individual products.

Ridiculous, @greeneyedgirl107 ! 😠

@Titian06 I also contacted Exuviance about one of their products, and expect to hear the same as it seems to be related to Neostrata somehow.  I'm curious if anyone has ever had any success in learning an ingredient concentration that wasn't featured on a brand site.  There's such fuss over "clean" products, but here we are left in the dark about concentrations.

Good question, @greeneyedgirl107 !  When I've read Q&A's on product pages, people are getting the same answers as you.

Personally, I don't bother contacting the company, I just look elsewhere.

@Titian06 agreed!  I have no use for companies that aren't forthright.

And here's another I got from Strivectin regarding their StriVectin Super-C Dark Circle Brightening Eye Serum 0.5 oz / 15 mL :

Thank you for contacting StriVectin! My name is Katrina. The Super-C Dark Circle Brightening Eye Serum is my favorite eye serum! While we certainly use an efficacious amount of Vitamin C, what is most important is the combination of Vitamin C plus our patented NIA-114 technology! This ingredient combo helps to maintain the overall health of the skin barrier.

In other words, these two powerhouse ingredients help separate us from other products who just want to tout a percentage. Unfortunately, we do not give out the percentages of our formulas as it is proprietary information. We build our formulas to be comprehensive and to leverage as many ingredients as we can to address a particular concern. Please let us know if you have any additional questions!

I absolutely agree, @greeneyedgirl107 !  I understand "proprietary"; it's to keep the competition from duplicating your product (lower price or not).  However, we the consumer have health issues, interest in knowing what we're using, spending our money wisely, etc.  It makes me wonder when a company only publishes information they are legally required to do ("actives"), but don't voluntarily provide additional vital information.

@Titian06 thanks for the support!!!

I get frustrated when I attempt to use a pressed powder product and I am unable to pick up anything on my brush or powder puff because there is moisture on the powder. 

when you use to much of a product when you first get it and now it’s almost out cause you didn’t save it😐

Yes!!!

Discontinued items and brands pulled from Sephora/Ulta. It has now expanded to affecting my HG perfume, my HG nighttime toner and a setting powder I've been meaning to try. GlamGlow is the maker of my HG toner and their entire brand is gone from Sephora 😫 I hate having to go online to try and purchase my HG's from third parties since I don't fully trust them being legit.

A moment of silence for my discontinued favs 💔

@gonerogue   I love this idea. I'm still mourning the loss of my HG shampoo from shu uemura. And there are other products I loved that quietly disappeared as well, like the Fresh rose gel moisturizer.

We need a thread dedicated to products and brands getting discontinued so we can stock up before our HGs are gone for good!! It’s seriously depressing how many of my HGs are no longer sold at Sephora, Ulta, Nordies, etc. The past two years took away more products from my beauty routine than in the previous 10 years before! 😭 

I feel that @gonerogue A warning would be nice and give you a chance to stock up before its harder to get.

Losing your HG is soo rough 😭

@CynthieLu  I can see why Sephora wouldn’t want to do that BUT if they have our best interests at heart, they should see why this is common courtesy for their shoppers. Or maybe not full advertise on the main site but definitely allow the brands to make a farewell post on BIC so at least the beauty enthusiasts are aware of the changes.

Sephora, you taking notes? 😜

@gonerogue I agree with all you've said!!!  

Food for thought: just like how we can get notifications when items come back in stock, we need notifications about items/brands being pulled or discontinued.  Even if Sephora/Ulta doesn't want to do it, the brand could.

@greeneyedgirl107  100%! The brand should be allowed to make that announcement. Hope someone at HQ stumbles on this post and pitches the suggestion to the higher powers 😂

@gonerogue I often wonder if our chatter here gets any notice. 

@gonerogue Oh man I'm sorry. I hate when that happens...which is far too often. 

@Samtian  Feeling like this is happening more and more. I go in to restock on a HG product and BAM it’s gone 🙄 time to find new favs 😓

When I try a new primer that looks great and pills when I finish my makeup and I have to start over 😡😩

12,424 Replies
testing