Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

Oh no! What a mess! 😡

Good thing you found something to tidy it up with @sister13.

I remember you mentioning that before, @sister13 .  I'm sorry it happened again!  Send your pic to Dior.

@sister13 Oh I'd be so mad. 

@sister13 ugh, that sucks! I've been looking at this concealer, glad to know about this issue!

Just when I posted The Beauty Victory Thread (a positive counterpart to the Beauty Pet Peeves thread) , I have a pet peeve.  My workplace just re-instituted surgical masks.  Meanwhile, I just bought a bunch of new-to-me lippies, and am unable to try them out at work.  I find that work is a great place to try out products.  I apply in my car natural light, get to test it out at different mirrors in different lighting.  Can get different opinions, and really see how long the color lasts.  I have crummy light at home, when I leave work it's dark, and don't wear it for very long when I'm testing at home.

I'm sorry to hear this, @greeneyedgirl107 !  I know what you mean.  I bought several new lipsticks; but until I returned to work, I didn't try them.  Wearing lipstick at home seems weird.  I only go in once a week, so it will take a while, but at least I get to wear mine.  I'm sorry you won't be able to wear yours! 😪

@Titian06 good to know others are having similar challenges.   This is another reason I don't like the 30 day return policy. 

@greeneyedgirl107 Ughhh boooo! I remember that feeling when masks were mandatory everywhere (the mandates and lockdowns lasted really long where I am - I believe some places started making the requirement optional in spring 2022), and I missed lipstick so much 😩 the car/work test is a great idea though!!

@cianni thanks for the sympathy!  

Definitely when a product says it is for acne but breaks you out after the first use 

IMG_5719.jpeg

When you drop something and it breaks in a way that makes it unusable. I dropped my cuticle oil and the glass dropper shattered inside. I gave it a shake and could hear the shards rattling around inside. 😩

@JoSometimes That happened to me a month ago with my facial oil! So frustrating. 

@EmmaWilli Noooo… 😭

@JoSometimes Ooof, I hate that. I feel your pain though, I'm so clumsy that honestly any makeup or skincare with glass packaging makes me nervous while I'm using it. 😂

@QueenMarceline I thought the bottle itself would have shattered instead. When I picked it up and the bottle was still whole, I thought I was in the clear! And then I heard the rattling inside…

@JoSometimes So unfortunate 😥

The price increases! I purchased PHLUR Father Figure Eau de Parfum Travel Spray 0.32 oz / 9.5 mL and Evereden Special Delivery – Hydrating Bestsellers Kit in august. At the time, they were $26 and $45 CAD, respectfully. My Phlur unfortunately leaked (I didn’t see the reviews about the faulty packaging), so I figured I’d restock on both during the sale. The phlur is now $40 and the Evereden set it $66! Even with the 20% off they aren’t close to the regular price I paid less than 3 months ago, so I opted to pass on both 😞 

IMG_7118.jpeg

IMG_7117.jpeg

@cianni That's just awful!

@cianni Wow that's actually so weird, the price on my end is reflecting the original $26 (but in USD) while I cannot view the Everdeen on the US version of the Sephora site. 

Screen Shot 2023-11-06 at 9.27.10 PM.png

@QueenMarceline Interesting! Maybe there was initially an error on the Canadian website where the USD price was showing and I managed to snag one at that price 🤔

When you get a product and it’s basically empty!

12,471 Replies
testing