Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

RE: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

I bought the boscia foot peel a while ago and i was looking ip what to do after the time is up.. it isnt up yet. Then i see dont walk around with them on which indid to get from my room to the living room. Then i read the tips and it says to wear socks so it can further penetrate and i want that and now im crawling. Guys. I am crawling.

Re: RE: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

@Blackwhiskey Too real !😂 The last time I used those things and tried to walk I slipped and face planted 😅 The worst part was I ripped the bag too!

Im guilty of doing the same, @Blackwhiskey 😂 I usually tip toe real fast from my bathroom to my bedroom as if that'll make it better haha. Socks do help to stop you from slipping on the floor too 😊

😂😂😂 I use the Boscia peels every few months and comple...

😂😂😂 I use the Boscia peels every few months and completely understand that struggle. I always put thick socks on top of them and I'm super careful walking around but I do walk around to and from the bathroom and such.

You're cracking me up @Blackwhiskey 

Image result for crawling gif

Let me know how they end up working for you!

@Blackwhiskey, 😂😂😂

@Blackwhiskey, 😂😂😂

Bahahaha!!!  too funny @Blackwhiskey !  I walked a bit in mine, but nothing crazy.  I've heard of other who wear them around and walk like nothing is happening though. 

@Blackwhiskey 

I admit, I'm giggling 😛

I think the "don't walk in them" is more of a safety precaution than anything, since they can be slippery. I always slip some socks on over a foot mask, then wear my slippers, and walk around like normal. I think you'll be fine!

I put bread bags -- the empty kind you get in a package of like 40 to 75 (depending on the grocery store) -- near the ziplocs -- over my feet whenever I do any foot treatment. Then in winter I add slipper socks; tonight I just put on my sandals over the bags. It isn't hard to walk around in these, and I like to think the plastic will warm things up and make the treatment penetrate better.

I use them for leftovers too; you can just slip a whole plate in one, as long as it isn't an XL dinner plate. So much easier than cling wrap, no more saran struggles.

@RGbrown 

RE: Re: RE: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

Lmao after crawling for 10 seconds i was like o heck no and i was like what if i actually slither to the room, big mistake, some of the boscia treatment slipped down lolol. After i got my socks i decided to walk. Good thing its just a precaution and not a “it will destroy your feet” type of deal or the treatment haha. I read too much into things!

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

When it's only the first part of May and I was playing around with my shopping cart on Sephora and a little note at the top of the page caught my eye. "Spend only $125 more to retain your Rouge status through 2020" DANG, DANG, DANG. I thought I was doing so much better this year 🙄 The Spring sale did me in. Hopefully I can make it through a few more months before Re Rouge. Not that it matters what month, just a mental challenge 🤑

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

This makes me feel better about re-rouging.  I thought I was being smart amount purchases.  Then along came the spring sale, so....whomp whomp.

@Luvstravel , @niki172 i was not even qualified for VIB before the sale and now i'm $44 away from Re-Rouge.  Hope you feel better about your spending 😉 Hang my head in shame 😉

@blackkitty2014 I had reached VIB status before the sale - I think maybe I'd spent around $450. Mind you almost half of that was gift cards, but I only had a $10 GC during the recent sale so yeah I failed at that one lol!

@blackkitty2014, Doing calculations in my head for that �...

@blackkitty2014, Doing calculations in my head for that 🤔Oh, that was a lot of purchases. 🙄 Ok, I'll say no more but, enjoy your goodies ❤

@Luvstravel I re-Rouge'd today :P. See what happens when Sephora gives us 20% off instead of 15%????

@niki172, I'm glad you are clearing up. I messed up when...

@niki172, I'm glad you are clearing up. I messed up when I first started shopping at Sephora and Ulta and would try any and every sample that came my way. Big no no. It took a good 2-3 months for my face to get back close to normal. So I'm very hesitant trying things now. I pretty much have a great regimen down now.

@niki172 , completely understand. I'm still doing good with Ulta. I've only spent $150 with them this year 🙃 How's your face doing? Did you order any of the First Aid Beauty?

@Luvstravel My eyes and neck have healed up quite nicely from the medication(s) that the Dr prescribed for my eczema. Tomorrow will mark one week so I will try to slowly start using some of my new skincare soon (that's per the Dr as well - no skincare/makeup on affected areas). I did pick up some of the recommended FAB, and I also picked up some of the Skinfix line especially for eczema users as she recommended that line. I'm nervous to put anything near my eyes, but not so much around the area of my neck (I have the FAB repair cream to use there along with the places on my arms). It'll be slow going, but I'm hoping that one of the 3 eye products I bought (2 of them are serum like and one is an actual cream) will at least work especially the FAB during the daytime. Thanks again for everyone's suggestions and also for asking <3.

@Luvstravel I have been bad this year. I re-rouged last month🤦‍♀️

@faeriegirl , I'm definitely doing better than last year, but not as good as I could be doing. 

12,442 Replies
testing