Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

@heartsmyface, ack about the bag being left out in the rain. ️ I try to be home based on the ETA for delivery, but I’ve missed it a few times recently. Once, it was concealed well and they sent a photo of where they placed it. 👍🏼 The other times they also sent a pic, to show that it was sitting right out front on the planter or ledge, visible to all who might walk or drive by. 🤨 I made it home not too long after, thankfully. 

In the early days of the program, I would receive the items from either one of the stores in the city or one in a neighboring city and would take roughly 15-30 minutes to arrive once the order was processed and ready for pickup. For the last 7-8 months now (maybe longer), however, they are fulfilled from the same store that is a lot further away, even if a store in the city has all the items in stock and it now takes 45-90 minutes to arrive once the order is picked up. Not bad still for the service, but I now plan or try to plan accordingly.

I’ve assumed this new MO is because the store where my orders have been fulfilled have more resources available to look for and pull the products and because the driver doesn’t have to worry about having to find (and pay out-of-pocket) for parking to pick up the products - with the exception of two stores in the city, street parking is a challenge and the closest parking garages are expensive.

I have had the same experience @heartsmyface. I noticed if I placed another order for the item unfulfilled, I did receive it from a different location.

The toothpaste lipstick and matching nose drip lines.
I guess I’m allergic to menthol, nasally that is. Inevitability if I fail to brush my teeth before my serum, I always have an extra large lipstick line that’s just pale skin! I think it has something to do with laser hair removal. Likewise if I don’t brush my teeth before any skincare my nose will run and ruin my makeup first shot out of my bathroom. No fail!

@ScottyL  
 I get a nose drip with some powders and I have to keep q-tips on hand especially for precision drip control. I give each nostril a quick swab after powdering and it seems to help a lot.  I thought it was me inhaling makeup and my body trying to expel the powder.  It’s nasty business but no way am I letting powder ruin my makeup😜.  I carry a few swabs ona baggy just in case during the day- especially during spring with hay fever season in full throttle. 

Cute

Prolly not getting the right shade of concealer when it’s expensive 

@Candylala88  That’s the worst.  My fix for that is altering the shades.  For me I have to nearly always alter shades with either a white, a pink or a yellow pigment to get them perfect.  
if you swatch a shade on your face and it’s too orange, adding pink can neutralize the orange,

if it’s too pink adding a little yellow can help.  
if its too dark adding a little white is helpful. 

Something that really annoys me is when you accidentally smudge your makeup before adding setting spray or someone scares you and your mascara/ lipgloss is smudged.

@DogLover1011  Ha there’s always an ‘itch’ and I tend to scratch my makeup off near my nose.  Beauty blenders are great for bouncing over smudged base makeup.  
I find a dry bullet brush is good for removing mascara.  I wait for it to dry a minute and then use a twisting movement over the smudge with the top of the bullet brush.  The bristles are stiff enough to flake the mascara right off;). Then use your beauty blender to bounce over the area and redistribute your base colour where the smudge was. 🙂 

Hi love the pic of the dog 

Something I find incredibly annoying is when people on social media promote brands that are not good for some skin types and then they don’t say what type of skin and the age range. Listen, I love these brands, don’t take this as a hate reply, but 10-year-olds do not need to be using retinol creams and drunk elephant. Drunk Elephant T.L.C. Framboos™ Glycolic Resurfacing Night Serum Caudalie Resveratrol Lift Retinol Alternative Firming Cashmere Moisturizer 1.6 oz / 50 ml #Retinol Serums

@22elliesephora2  Yeah it’s not ideal.  I think a lot of people just don’t know and are learning by trial and error and are sharing their journey with online followers.   That’s how I personally learned anyway.  I don’t think it comes from a malicious place.  
A similar thing was happening when I first got into makeup except the trending makeup was one particular shade of MAC foundation that everyone wanted regardless of their actual skin tone cause a popular YouTuber wore it.  I could not for the life of me figure out why I looked so dirty wearing it.  

retinol is a little more dangerous in that absorbing too much it affect bone development.  I do hope the word spreads that it’s not for kids and that it is literally to speed turnover to replicate what kids have naturally. 

When a product is reformulated but they keep the reviews for the old formula.

@makeitup305  Oh that’s a good one!  They should reset the reviews for reformulations.  I’ll have to watch out for that and read only current reviews. 

@heartsmyface It's hard to know if a product is just being repackaged or reformulated. It should be mandatory to start from scratch if the formula has been significantly altered. I've seen products where the reviews go from 5 to 1 and everyone just rants about the formula change and how much it sucks lol

Yess! I’m my goodness! That is so annoying! I want to see the honest new reviews, not the previous ones

I can’t standddddd when ppl use the lipgloss wand on top of lipstick, and then don’t clean off the smeared product on the wand before dipping it back into the tube. Then the gloss ends up getting all murky and gross!!! Sorry i just can’t take that lol 

“I could never wear as much makeup as you do” the only thing I’m wearing that you aren’t is foundation

When people judge you for wearing makeup.. even though they’re wearing mascara and gloss.

@Reyl3 A bit hypocritical though I’m sure they’re truly being judgemental and self righteous about HOW to wear makeup.  It’s a form of self expression.  <that is all the response that’s needed.  

I came here today to vent and ask for help! This is my second bottle of this primer I have tried open without success. The first time, I thought the product was defective. Now I am wondering if it is a user error? Has anyone experienced this with the Dior lash primer? I don't think it is a twist top. When i pull off the lid, the brush doesn't come along with it 🤔

20240331_100744.jpg

10 Replies
testing