Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

Oh boy, what disappointing packaging. I'm glad you're getting a replacement candle, @WinglessOne!

Thanks @curlychiquita . I really hope it survives the journey to me! 

@WinglessOne .  I didn't think you could smash a candle like that 👀🙄

Well, here's to (intact) replacements 🤞🏼🤞🏼

Also, how is it they still continue to ship things without extra padding?? How does that work cost wise 😑🙄

@danielledanielle  Yeah that’s intense!  It looks as though it must have been tossed across a room in cold temperatures or something.  I’ve broken a candle before and it didn’t break like that!  

@danielledanielle  Right? You'd think the cost of a little bubblewrap or other padding material would be less than that of a replacement candle. Considering how much much empty space was in the shipping box, Sephora's warehouse could've cocooned the Boy Smells box inside a couple layers of that brown paper padding they use to line the bottoms of all their packages. I'm all for reducing shipping waste, but some items need extra padding. 

At least the candle's shattered glass and wax chunks stayed contained inside the Boy Smells box, so the only broken glass loose in the shipping box was from the fragrance sample. That's much better than getting a shipping box full of glass shards—made even more dangerous by a slippery coating of candle wax—from a certain other large beauty retailer. Silver linings. 

This is too bad, @WinglessOne !  At least you received good customer service from Sephora.  I hope you like the candle once you receive the replacement. 

Sorry about your sample fragrance too!

Thanks @Titian06 . I laughed pretty hard when I saw the shattered fragrance vial in the box. Something about seeing the Jo Malone logo in fragments was hilarious in a "haha, your day sucks" kinda way. 🤣 I have a full size bottle of Wood Sage & Sea Salt, so losing the sample wasn't a big letdown except that it got all over the box and left little glass shards in its wake. Eh, at least that box made my building's package room smell nice! 

@WinglessOne oh no! it's always sad when you are looking forward to a candle and it comes smashed!

Thanks @Kim888 and @SportyGirly125 , I was really looking forward to trying that candle to see if it's smoky-scented enough for me. I do have a replacement coming, hopefully in one piece. 🙂 

@WinglessOne Oh no. Hoping customer service gets you a new one soon and it gets packaged better. 

I wanted to get a dry cut but my stylist is off...wanted to do a Target haul but they didn't have most of what I wanted in stock...went to Ulta and their system was down so couldn't make a purchase. 

Damn, tough day... lots of hugs!!! ☺️

Ohh no @greeneyedgirl107 , I'd be so p!ssed, maybe the universe will pay you back next time with a glitch or something.

Awwww, @greeneyedgirl107 !  (((HUG)))  😘

@Titian06 beauty issues get me so upset.   I guess it's because it's such a big hobby for me.

Removing mascara.  Two-three coats takes how many wipes/attempts to remove?!?!

@danielledanielle Oh, I couldn't agree more... and it gets worse when it starts staining/darkening the under-eyes when I can't get all the residue off 😫🤦🏻‍♀️

Boy I agree with you guys @Guessgal @danielledanielle . It prevents me from using some that I truly like too. Grr. 

Ugh, this annoying leaky situation!! Grrrrr. 😡😡😡

B9B1F092-0E09-412B-826E-F4B6FBB66BB8.jpeg

(Let me add that this is otherwise an amazing concealer!)

Ooh sorry 😞 about that concealer leaking @sister13  I never ordered anything from the Dior beauty is this concealer worth the price point? Sorry the unfortunate happened to your purchase did it come like that ..

Yes, I actually would highly recommend this concealer and I’m a little picky! Part of it may be because the shade match for me was so good, but this covers my dark spots and dark circles and really does last all day on me. I find a lot of other concealers are a bit too yellow or don’t last. A bit annoying about the product leaking out a bit at the top, but still would totally purchase this again! @CocoLancome28 

6 Replies
testing