Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

@Titian06  Yeah definitely not wise to bring the makeup down the neck with white but it looks dooo much better… we just can’t win.  Ugh, it’s reassuring this isn’t something I alone stress over. 

You're still super cute, @heartsmyface ! 😘

Totally one of the worst things about coat season @heartsmyface ! 

@heartsmyface This happens to me all of the time...

One of my biggest pet peeves is putting mascara on my bottom lashes and it starts to smudge!! 

@sarasafi5571   I have been having success using caliray Mini Come Hell or High Water Volumizing & Lengthening Tubing Mascara 0.18 oz/ 5.5 mL  on my lower lashes.  No smudge. 

Huge pet peeve,  ugh smudges of mascara 😭😭😭 I agree @sarasafi5571 

BBW having a virtual line for rewards members to purchase 3-wick candles on sale.

ETA: and I learned the hard way that they only hold your spot for 10 min.

ETA: and, no BOPIS available!

My pet peeve is when your concealer is supposed to be full coverage but instead just makes tiny tiny little dots on your pores and does not look blended and does not cover up your undereye.

@natjoyhutch Maybe the formula. I had to swith the style of foundation I used partly because of this problem. There were days I had to remove everything and start over. Sometimes not using primer or a different moisturizer helped but switching formulas on the foundation itself worked. 

@natjoyhutch ahh i feel this one! if blend out a concealer and i can still see my dark circles....whyyyyy

Ok so I absolutely love to wear black liner on my waterline for like parties or just going out but my biggest pet peeve is it all wipes off my waterline and goes into the corner of my eye and looks messed up no matter if it’s normal or waterproof!

Sorry I misread ur question I thought u meant what grinds our gears in a positive manner. My peeves would half to do when foundations dry out as well as how top of the line haircare that's to moisturize great actually dries your ends Iike straw. Or having reactions like break outs not knowing if its skincare or the make up.

I stopped all my skincare besides a hydrating serum due to a rash/dermatitis/idk what  on the corner of my mouth. Since it's finally almost healed, I'm trying to reincorporate some of my skincare and my skin is not having it. So far I've only tried the Biossance Mini Squalane + Vitamin C Rose Firming Oil 0.5 oz / 15 mL in the mornings and a hydrating serum at night, but I've still got a few breakouts, which I haven't had in ages. Any recommendations with reincorporating products? My skin doesn't like chemical exfoliants very much so that's what I would add last, but I would like to reintroduce retinol besides the Vit C at some point. Right now I'm using gentle toners/face mists, hydrating serums (Biossance Squalane + Hyaluronic Acid Copper Peptide Rapid Plumping Serum 1.69 oz / 50 mL  among others since I never really stopped it) and moisturizer at night. Then, alternating days with Vitamin C and hydrating serums then SPF in the mornings. I've been using a benzoyl peroxide spot treatment as needed on my breakouts. 

Thoughts or recommendations?

Do you find the benzoyl peroxide works good? I been thinking on going that route as I get cystic acne and chin breakouts. I find salicylic acid just to drying.  

@jozeyah it's been helping out to calm down the spots popping up. I don't have a lot of issues with acne normally and haven't had to use benzoyl peroxide in years. So far, it's not too drying. My skin doesn't like salicylic acid or most acids in general. For cystic acne, maybe try Differin or Tretinoin. It might be more helpful but I'm no expert. You can pick up differin at most pharmacies and supermarkets. You can start 1x week and build up from there.

Id say right now hair scrubs is what im into wanna get into pre oil hair wash bt i love christoph Robin. Since they been sold out i decided to try the Sephora brand scalp scrub and am impressed. As long as i have good conditioning it works lively and i dont half to wash my hair near as much.

Glad that you found a cheaper alternative @jozeyah

After seeing an influencer post about the soft bonnet hair dryer attachment for hand blow dryer hair dryer cap, I decided to buy it. I have had for about a month and tried it today for the first time. I only used the medium heat setting and I feel like I may have burnt my scalp. I even tried the lowest heat setting but I may have sensitize my scalp.

0F6AEA28-6FD2-465E-960B-8DA1D7D3590D.png

Thank you so much for the warning! @Loretta55  I'm sorry you had to go thru scalp issues because of this. It is not fun 😞 

Thank you very much @Buootiful. I will have my hair stylist look at my scalp prior to my roots touch up. Hopefully she will not notice anything.

testing