Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

Sorry I misread ur question I thought u meant what grinds our gears in a positive manner. My peeves would half to do when foundations dry out as well as how top of the line haircare that's to moisturize great actually dries your ends Iike straw. Or having reactions like break outs not knowing if its skincare or the make up.

I stopped all my skincare besides a hydrating serum due to a rash/dermatitis/idk what  on the corner of my mouth. Since it's finally almost healed, I'm trying to reincorporate some of my skincare and my skin is not having it. So far I've only tried the Biossance Mini Squalane + Vitamin C Rose Firming Oil 0.5 oz / 15 mL in the mornings and a hydrating serum at night, but I've still got a few breakouts, which I haven't had in ages. Any recommendations with reincorporating products? My skin doesn't like chemical exfoliants very much so that's what I would add last, but I would like to reintroduce retinol besides the Vit C at some point. Right now I'm using gentle toners/face mists, hydrating serums (Biossance Squalane + Hyaluronic Acid Copper Peptide Rapid Plumping Serum 1.69 oz / 50 mL  among others since I never really stopped it) and moisturizer at night. Then, alternating days with Vitamin C and hydrating serums then SPF in the mornings. I've been using a benzoyl peroxide spot treatment as needed on my breakouts. 

Thoughts or recommendations?

Do you find the benzoyl peroxide works good? I been thinking on going that route as I get cystic acne and chin breakouts. I find salicylic acid just to drying.  

@jozeyah it's been helping out to calm down the spots popping up. I don't have a lot of issues with acne normally and haven't had to use benzoyl peroxide in years. So far, it's not too drying. My skin doesn't like salicylic acid or most acids in general. For cystic acne, maybe try Differin or Tretinoin. It might be more helpful but I'm no expert. You can pick up differin at most pharmacies and supermarkets. You can start 1x week and build up from there.

Id say right now hair scrubs is what im into wanna get into pre oil hair wash bt i love christoph Robin. Since they been sold out i decided to try the Sephora brand scalp scrub and am impressed. As long as i have good conditioning it works lively and i dont half to wash my hair near as much.

Glad that you found a cheaper alternative @jozeyah

After seeing an influencer post about the soft bonnet hair dryer attachment for hand blow dryer hair dryer cap, I decided to buy it. I have had for about a month and tried it today for the first time. I only used the medium heat setting and I feel like I may have burnt my scalp. I even tried the lowest heat setting but I may have sensitize my scalp.

0F6AEA28-6FD2-465E-960B-8DA1D7D3590D.png

Thank you so much for the warning! @Loretta55  I'm sorry you had to go thru scalp issues because of this. It is not fun 😞 

Thank you very much @Buootiful. I will have my hair stylist look at my scalp prior to my roots touch up. Hopefully she will not notice anything.

UPDATE, unfortunately I have a scab on my scalp from where my blow dryer burnt my scalp. I need to use Acquaphor on the scab to help with healing.

@Loretta55 - I've been reading the trials and tribulations of the hair bonnet saga.  I am so sorry it lead to scalp damage! 😪  I hope your scalp heals quickly. 🤞  Best wishes!  (((HUG)))

Thank you very much @Titian06. At least I was able to get a root touch up today. I badly needed a haircut also because my hair grows so fast.

I am aging myself on this one but the hair bonnet is going back to what my mom and grandma used when I was little BBD (before Blow Dryers)  they did have hot spots ant it took longer to dry your hair not to mention the rollers…to me this is a giant step backwards… 

I remember sleeping with rollers in my hair at night @Baronsmom4 @while in junior high school. I was hoping to possibly watch TV while my hair was drying. 

Ooof @Loretta55 , rough experience and thanks for the warning.  I have gone back to bonnet dryers and it's a struggle.  I've got a Conair one (yes that one), but it's not strong enough, so I'm considering something else.  I've had the hardtop ones, but I hate those because they are so clunky and you have to posture it against something.

Anyone, glad to see your scalp is on the mend.   I've shied away from the attachments because I thought the opposite would happen (doesn't get hot enough), so eeeep.   If I try out a new dryer and it isn't detrimental, I'll let you know.

Thank you very much @danielledanielle. Hopefully a company can figure out some better technologies because in theory it is a great idea.

Oh, no! ☹️ Thank you for warning us, @Loretta55!

It was scary when it was happening @curlychiquita.

Ouch!! @Loretta55  How is your scalp doing today.  I have not heard about things product.  It reminds me of the old bonnet hair dryers my mom used on me .  It could get pretty hot inside that cap!! Do you think it’s worth the money and effort and what happened in your poor scalp??

My scalp is much better today @Cissy63 . I remember the old style bonnet. I had the same crazy thought but at least it was only $8.00 so I didn’t waste too much money. I would advise anyone interested in this product to just stay far away from it.

@Loretta55  I am glad your scalp is doing better 😀.  

1 Reply
testing