Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

@Loretta55 @Oh no!!! So many things look good in theory and then in real life it’s meh. I remember seeing someone try that out too. I hope your scalp feels better ! It’s such a hard area to treat! 

My scalp doesn’t hurt as much today @Kim888. At least I am not out too much money.

A few of the worst:

Getting totally crumbled powder products delivered

Sneezing right after I put on a coat of mascara and getting it all over my eyelids

Not being able to see how much is left in a skincare product

Samples that are so tiny it's impossible to actually see if they are good

Colors showing up completely different online vs in person

These are all so accurate and annoying (or worse) when they happen @Finendandelion sneezing and make up application does not mix

@CynthieLu Seriously! It takes so long to fix it when that happens!

@Finendandelion  I so agree with you.  I have had one too many powder products, mostly eyeshadow palettes arriving crumbled.  I agree with @Loretta55 .  These need to help packed better.

@Cissy63So true!!😫

@Finendandelion Oh the sneezing mascara marks are awful!!! Especially if you are someone who applies foundation first 🙄 I feel your pain.

@eshoeOh so true- applying foundation first makes it sooo much worse! And always seems to happen on days I am feeling good about my makeup and putting on the finishing touches lol

I think a few of the pet peeves are so humbling, aren’t they, @Finendandelion 😂

@eshoeYes they really are! lol 🙂

I am going to discuss each pet peeve @Finendandelion.

I wish that companies would pack products better so we will not find crumbled products.

Sneezing and getting mascara all over my eyelids has not happened to me but I can understand your frustration.

I discussed about not seeing how much product is left in a container. In my case my ONE/SIZE by Patrick Starrr Secure the Blur Makeup Magnet Primer 1.18 oz/ 35 mL ran out the day after the rouge sale. I got stuck paying full price for a restock. Try opening your moisturizer because I did that with my Murad container and found that I still had at least a month’s worth of product even though the pump wasn’t working.

I agree about the samples. I have a lot of thick wavy hair so I need a minimum of a deluxe sized product to be able to tell if it will work for me. For my skin I need at least a weeks supply to see if my skin tolerates it.

Always see if someone on BIC has posted a swatch of a product that you are interested in seeing. Another website to check out is Temptalia. Christine does an awesome job of posting realistic swatches.

@Loretta55- so true about packing! That's so annoying about the ONE/SIZE by Patrick Starrr Secure the Blur Makeup Magnet Primer 1.18 oz/ 35 mL 

running out right after the Rouge sale- hate it when that happens! I try to cut or open as many products as I can so as not to waste but some *coughInkyListcough* products are hard to do that without a small hacksaw sometime🤣 Great tips about checking out accurate swatches!! Thanks so much! 🙂

When I try to get more moisturize out of my Skinfix Triple Lipid-peptide cream, open it, then find it out it's empty BUT I literally bought it 2 weeks ago 🥹😭

I always get the 1.7 Oz but sure feels like I finish it so quickly comparing to any other cream/ moisturizer 

@ZaraConnor they're selling a kit with a refill if that's helpful ? Skinfix Your Barrier Protectors Kit 

Thank you very much for sharing this! I sure needed this @makeitup305 

@ZaraConnor you're welcome! If you hold off a bit, Skinfix will have a sale on their site for BF.

a.png

I discussed that subject earlier in this thread @ZaraConnor . One day my husband pried open my Murad moisturizer and I was shocked how much was still in there. I had at least another month but I was unable to pump anything else out. Try opening the jar and perhaps you may be able to make it last.

I probably need to switch to Murad then hahaha. I always open the jar as well and it kills me to see how little the inside jar is vs how big it look on the outside.

It's my absolute favorite though. I started using it only at night and use la roche posay during the day

@ZaraConnor the 1.7 oz is supposed to be refillable so you should be able to open it up no problem. The set is a great deal because it comes with a full size and a refill (plus a hand cream) for only $8 more than a full size one. And if you can get a discount....

I have so many beauty pet peeves:

-when some of my makeup disappears

-When my acne shows through my foundation

-when my mascara creases under my eye

-when i forget i have makeup and smudge my eyes 😭

-when i get makeup on my WHITE clothing

-when my siblings use my makeup behind my back

-when the shade I want is out of stock

-when i get eczema rashes & can’t wear makeup

testing