Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

@makeitup305 that's very big of you!

Oooh, that irritates me too. Why is it so hard for corporate to honor it? @greeneyedgirl107 

@Buootiful  Right?  They should have paid the $5 and taken the signage down. 

@Buootiful seriously!

@greeneyedgirl107 Sorry to hear about that. I had a similar experience at a restaurant. I had enough points to take my fiance out for dinner. I googled what restaurants accept the points before going out. When i went to pay with my points they would not accept them. It was really disappointing. Like your Dad I will not return to that establishment. The food also went downhill. So dissapointing. I also spent extra on drinks thinking everything would have been covered with my points.

@Mellmars1185 I'm so sorry to hear that!  What a bad end to an evening!  It's like you have to triple check everything these days.

@greeneyedgirl107 , yeah this gets me to.  Like why put it in print and not honor it once, then remove the sign 🤷🏽‍♀️🤷🏽‍♀️🤷🏽‍♀️. If they honored it, you might've felt more inclined to make purchases there in the future, but nooo 😑🙄.  

Props to your Dad for holding onto a grudge staying true on that promise.  I have made a similar promise.

@danielledanielle yes, exactly!

...and here's to people making promises!  😛

If I buy an expensive foundation Im hoping it matches my skin tone and that there is a shade that works for everyone.   

some brands reccomenbed buying multiple shades of their foundation to “find my perfect match”. Why would the consumer want to buy multiple shades? Especially if its expensive- thats not realistic for people. 

So true @sarahfogel , or y'know make enough shades for all, so you don't have to buy two.

@danielledanielle @sarahfogel - I so agree with both of you!  I am pasty white.  Buying multiple shades won't help me if you don't make shades light enough in the first place! 😖  Oh, and don't assume all light skinned individuals have pink undertones...grrrr.

Yes !! Brands can absolutely make enough shades that work for everyone if they want to.

Psyched to post a haul after being in a funk and then....

PXL_20221005_030757453.jpg

This was 1 out of two shattered items, in a box of several.  😑🙄🤦🏽‍♀️

@danielledanielle that's seriously SO disappointing.  Like, you get that anticipation buildup and then *poof*

Mm mhmm @CookieGirl1 .  Also, the blush made a rattling sound when I was taking it out of the box.  I know anyone who has had this happen seeing glitter or pigment is usually a trigger, but sometimes it's ok, you keep your fingers crossed.  , But, HEARING is another thing.  I got real dramatic 😂😭

@danielledanielle I hate hearing that sound.  Like, as soon as I hear it my heart instantly sinks.

@danielledanielle That is very disappointing. Sorry that happened. Im lucky i didnt get any powders in my haul. The delivery person threw the package at my door 🚪😐

@Mellmars1185 - I feel for you!  My delivery people almost always toss the package at my door--very annoying! 😖

Homg, that's terrible @Mellmars1185 .  I get that it's not easy delivering goods, but that's not right

@danielledanielle oh no that’s so disheartening.  

I knoooow.  Good news @heartsmyface & @Mellmars1185 , @Titian06 @curlychiquita @faeriegirl 

Everything has arrived intact.  Someone actually heard me out on extra padding

PXL_20221007_024011356.jpg

This should be the default.  Less costly, less wasteful, less sadness.

testing